Stimulus package Vs Purchase Vouchers

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
After the last Stimulus package showing no success is it stupid to think it will work this time. My thought is that purchase vouchers would be much more successful in getting the economy running again and create more jobs.

If the purchase voucher was given to every head of each household and the only thing that it could purchase is a product made in America it would do two things right off. First it would put Americans to work manufacturing those products. Secondly it would embarrass many companies that push products from other countries other than the US. It would cause them to carry more American made products.

Any problems that the Purchase vouchers would have could be solved very simply. If this purchase voucher was given in the form of a debit card to where cash could not be obtained. One great plus I see from this purchase voucher is that it would cut out a lot of the pork that Congress wants to put into their stimulus package.

This was just a thought.......kick it around.

After the last Stimulus package showing no success is it stupid to think it will work this time. My thought is that purchase vouchers would be much more successful in getting the economy running again and create more jobs.

If the purchase voucher was given to every head of each household and the only thing that it could purchase is a product made in America it would do two things right off. First it would put Americans to work manufacturing those products. Secondly it would embarrass many companies that push products from other countries other than the US. It would cause them to carry more American made products.

Any problems that the Purchase vouchers would have could be solved very simply. If this purchase voucher was given in the form of a debit card to where cash could not be obtained. One great plus I see from this purchase voucher is that it would cut out a lot of the pork that Congress wants to put into their stimulus package.

This was just a thought.......kick it around.
A brilliant idea. We need to do something for the short term. I suggested the same a week or two ago.

Interesting idea.

Now what exactly do we still make in America?

Not electronics, not clothes, not shoes, not very much furniture...almost none of the cha-cha that we all own, like kitchen goods and so forth, either.

So the average Americans could basically buy food with those vouchers..or maybe go to a Hollywood movie or maybe they could buy a Jet Engine or nuclear power plant from GE.

Or they could buy an American Car, assuming that that car's PARTS were actually made in America, because otherwise those foreign banded cars that are assembled here, are mostly foreign cars shipped into this nation unassembled and merely put together here by Americans.

Such is the fate of a nation which decided it wanted to become a colony of the rest of the manufacturing world, I guess.

I came to this determination as well. A stimulus package won't solve anything unless it is directed at goods made in America. Otherwise, all we are doing is hemorrhaging money in being forced to spend Gov money that we don't have in the first place.

I came to this determination as well. A stimulus package won't solve anything unless it is directed at goods made in America. Otherwise, all we are doing is hemorrhaging money in being forced to spend Gov money that we don't have in the first place.

In 2007 our trade imbalance was about 6% of our GDP.

I'm guessing, since so much of our 2007 GDP was FIRE (finance, insurance, and real estate) and since our economy is declining, that our trade imbalance might actually become even larger in comparison to our GDP.

Putting Americans to work at productive jobs is the key to solving this crises.

Where's a good HITLER threat when we REALLY need one, eh?

the problem is if you dont have a job you are going to use it to pay the bills.

You will not be able to pay bills with this government debit card. The only thing you can purchase is an American manufactured item. Yes, we still make many things in the US and you will find that many merchants would stock these items if these purchase vouchers would come into play.

Interesting idea.

Not electronics, not clothes, not shoes, not very much furniture...almost none of the cha-cha that we all own, like kitchen goods and so forth, either.

So the average Americans could basically buy food with those vouchers..or maybe go to a Hollywood movie or maybe they could buy a Jet Engine or nuclear power plant from GE.

Or they could buy an American Car, assuming that that car's PARTS were actually made in America, because otherwise those foreign banded cars that are assembled here, are mostly foreign cars shipped into this nation unassembled and merely put together here by Americans.

Such is the fate of a nation which decided it wanted to become a colony of the rest of the manufacturing world, I guess.

Food should also be exempted from purchase with the debit card. There are still many things manufactured in the US and these companies would benefit greatly. Is that not we want.

Interesting idea.

Food should also be exempted from purchase with the debit card. There are still many things manufactured in the US and these companies would benefit greatly. Is that not we want.

What we desperately need to do is reinspire confidence in tomorrow.

People who have dough are motivated not to spend it because the money is increasing in value as the deflation contines to crash prices in most things.

Now we cannot blame those people for doing what's right for them, but the combined effect of their sensible decisions is killing the economy overall.

Typical tragedy of the commons effect, really.

if food stamps bring in a return to the economy of $1.70 for every dollar spent on them, why don't we just give every citizen 3000 dollars worth of food stamps?

That billion dollars invested in food stamps would grow the GDP by 1.7 trillion

According to truthmatters and Moody's anyway.

Forum List

Back