Stimulus or Trickle Down .... which is better?

Pinocchio

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2012
Which works better and under what circumstances?

That is the question of this election.

Last edited:
Stimulus isn't an "ongoing" policy. It's a way governments all over the world have helped stimulate their economies for over a hundred years and has a proven success rate.

Republicans claim you can take all the money from the wealthiest 10% and it still wouldn't help the country much, and then they push the idea that the wealthy could "trickle down" on the rest of the country, but that would not only help, but grow a robust economy.

I pissed on the tree outside. That's trickle down and you know what it did? Yea, I couldn't tell anything either.

Stimulus isn't an "ongoing" policy. It's a way governments all over the world have helped stimulate their economies for over a hundred years and has a proven success rate.

Republicans claim you can take all the money from the wealthiest 10% and it still wouldn't help the country much, and then they push the idea that the wealthy could "trickle down" on the rest of the country, but that would not only help, but grow a robust economy.

I pissed on the tree outside. That's trickle down and you know what it did? Yea, I couldn't tell anything either.

Stimulus is currently an ongoing policy of the fed. They are going to magically inject $40,000,000,000 into the economy every month, putting more money into the pockets of rich people. They will do this until it trickles down to all the poor people.

Funny how you like it when Democrats do it but hate it when Republicans do it.

Last edited:
I think trickle down is the easiest, most unobtrusive way to get out of a mild recession. It worked well for Reagan. I think an across the board tax cut is the best. There is a risk of increasing the debt, but the bet is that it will be offset by more taxes coming in from a stronger economy.

In a deeper recession, where no one is willing to spend or hire even with a tax cut, I think stimulus is more effective.

Of course the wild card is the debt. How much leverage do we have to work with. In Europe, they ran out of leverage with huge debts. Now cutting their deficit only slows down the economy creating more debt, a nasty trap.

Historically the democrats tend to spend too much when in office, no matter the economy. Then when we get tired of that and bring the Republicans back. This happend in Clintons second term, with the Repub congress.

At least they were able to work together and the country prospered.

Last edited:
What would be the best way of stimulating the economy is for the Conglomerate choose to take a little less in profit and their top heavy salary and wage structure and pay base level employees a wage that they can do more than barely survive on....more expendable money in more people's pockets is the key to this mess. People with money buy shit....that gets the economy rolling

And guess what? The government wouldn't have to lift a finger.

Hmmmm........

Do I want my government to inject a shitload of taxpayers' money into the economy or do I trust the natural workings of a free-enterprise, capitalistic economic system????

:eusa_whistle:

Pretty simple really, for the useless, obummer stimulus is fantastic, for the useful, the "trickle down" works best because they are willing to go out and earn "theirs".

jmo though, I've never relied on anyone else to control my destiny.

If you are saying which was better, what Reagan did or what Obama is doing then there is little question. I lived through both and what Reagan did worked much faster then the trickle up poverty we are seeing today. Yes there was an increase in debt but nothing like we see today. The plus was that Reagan started the greatest peacetime expansion of the economy in history. One that Clinton takes credit for but didn't do a damn thing except screw it up with "Free" trade.

Forum List

Back