Stimulus is Too Heavy on Spending, Say Growing Number of Senators

Dems don't want compromise.

What a bunch of bullshit. Obama has already pulled some of the items the repubs were bitching about.

The right still thinks compromise means that they get what they want and the left has to give something up.

Well ... at least this time they are spending money we don't have on stuff we need instead of the last admin.

O"Rally? then can you explain where all the money that has been collected on gasoline taxes, toll roads and bridges has gone? That money was supposed to fix our "infrastructre" what did they spend it on..doyathink? where is it?

Forgot the sarcasm tag.

WTF ... public transportation inst good enough?
900 Billion ... it keeps going up!
This is a joke ....

:eek:900 billion? Fuckin' A!!!! How much is that REALLY? I can't do the math in my head, that's for sure!

A bit less than a third of what the Iraq FUBAR will cost us altogether. Find any WMD yet?:eusa_whistle:

Read the entire resolution approving the military action yet?? :eusa_whistle:

Or you just gonna continue spewing out your liberal slogans?

Bah ... the only reason I didn't like the war in Iraq was because I knew it would be a waste of money. WMD's my ass, they couldn't even get one rocket halfway across the pond their first try. However, Obama's spending isn't any better, just in different areas.

Finally somebody takes the time to list what they think is pork.

Thanks Oreo!

On Monday, Congressional Republican leaders put out a list of what they call wasteful provisions in the Senate version of the nearly $900 billion stimulus bill that is being debated:

• $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.

Lst year's DoE is probably not the same as this years DoE. Since I don't know (and none of you know either) whether or not this project is a good one, we can't know if they're right about this.

• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.

Sound's porcine to me. I'd like to see the real bill to assure myself that the abreviated version of it is really accurate.

I ALWAYS thought this was pork...even before the bailout.

Is that pork? Sounds senible enough to me.

Homeland security.. ha!

That might make great sense. I can easily see how it might pay for itself in gas savings AND help the auto industry at the same time

Gonna put people to work saving lives (and HC dollars, too). Sounds sensible to me on two fronts

This sounds very sensible to me, too. Good infrastruture investment.

This is not a good infrastructure invesment why?

Again, a good investment. Aren't museums a boon to the commweal?

Census is a constitutionally mandated event. What's porcine about funding it?

Yeah, that'll work. PORK

It's be better if any of those cpmputers were actually made in the USA, of course, but computers and education are sort of in sinq, aren't they?

You mean they've been working for free all this time? Say they are good Americans!

I wish somebody would pay me not to drink.

Does the Mississippi ever flood? Who knew?

I'll do it for nine mil!

This is not a good idea? If by doing so we decrease our energy consumption seems to me that's a sound investment.

How can we know if this is pork or not?

Let 'em burn? We need to know WHY they object to this, don't we?

Idle hands are the devil's playthings.

Does it need renovation?

Seems to me keeping the CDC functional is a public good.

Same as above.

That's what I want to be for a change...a paid volunteer.

Given how many dead people vote, one can easily understand why they're being paid off in pork.

To expand passenger service to midCoast Maine, one hopes.

YOu could probably pay off the nations children to not eat lead paint chips at half the cost. I know I'll eshew eating them for $100 cash!

Is it pork? Again how can we know?

• $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems.

I'm informed that the entire government's computer system is antiquated.

• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations.

Like to see the details, but it sounds porkie to me.

YOu confuse worthiness with stimulus. These don't belong in a stimulus package no matter how worthy they are.

Only thing that should be in a stimulus package is direct checks/ tax credits to individuals, and perhaps direct funding of shovel ready infrastructure projects.

Finally somebody takes the time to list what they think is pork.

Thanks Oreo!

On Monday, Congressional Republican leaders put out a list of what they call wasteful provisions in the Senate version of the nearly $900 billion stimulus bill that is being debated:

• $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.

Lst year's DoE is probably not the same as this years DoE. Since I don't know (and none of you know either) whether or not this project is a good one, we can't know if they're right about this.

Sound's porcine to me. I'd like to see the real bill to assure myself that the abreviated version of it is really accurate.

I ALWAYS thought this was pork...even before the bailout.

Is that pork? Sounds senible enough to me.

Homeland security.. ha!

That might make great sense. I can easily see how it might pay for itself in gas savings AND help the auto industry at the same time

Gonna put people to work saving lives (and HC dollars, too). Sounds sensible to me on two fronts

This sounds very sensible to me, too. Good infrastruture investment.

This is not a good infrastructure invesment why?

Again, a good investment. Aren't museums a boon to the commweal?

Census is a constitutionally mandated event. What's porcine about funding it?

Yeah, that'll work. PORK

It's be better if any of those cpmputers were actually made in the USA, of course, but computers and education are sort of in sinq, aren't they?

You mean they've been working for free all this time? Say they are good Americans!

I wish somebody would pay me not to drink.

Does the Mississippi ever flood? Who knew?

I'll do it for nine mil!

This is not a good idea? If by doing so we decrease our energy consumption seems to me that's a sound investment.

How can we know if this is pork or not?

Let 'em burn? We need to know WHY they object to this, don't we?

Idle hands are the devil's playthings.

Does it need renovation?

Seems to me keeping the CDC functional is a public good.

Same as above.

That's what I want to be for a change...a paid volunteer.

Given how many dead people vote, one can easily understand why they're being paid off in pork.

To expand passenger service to midCoast Maine, one hopes.

YOu could probably pay off the nations children to not eat lead paint chips at half the cost. I know I'll eshew eating them for $100 cash!

Is it pork? Again how can we know?

I'm informed that the entire government's computer system is antiquated.

• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations.

Like to see the details, but it sounds porkie to me.

YOu confuse worthiness with stimulus. These don't belong in a stimulus package no matter how worthy they are.

Only thing that should be in a stimulus package is direct checks/ tax credits to individuals, and perhaps direct funding of shovel ready infrastructure projects.

Amen, this bill is suppose to get the economy moving again. Not just to spend on worthy causes. We should vastly improve our highway infrastructure and give the rest back to taxpayers. BTW who the hell is going to repay this nearly 1 trillion dollars? When the feds are already running a 10 trillion plus debt? All the while Social Security and Medicare are getting ready to become debt multipliers, have these people in Washington completely lost their minds(Republican and Democrats)?

This is a damn shame, those are the only words I can fathom. This trickle down effect is ludacris. Our economy is structured like an pyramid scheme, and it can't go on for ever. I'm starting to see how it all works now, lol, and its funny. President Obama was recruited, and who ever recruited obama, that's who obama is paying(money with this stimulus package), and that recruiter is paying who recruited him, so on, and so on, until it reaches the one!!!! lol, This package isn't pork, its booty meat. I'm still a President Obama supporter but I don't see how this package really can benefit the average american. If they really wanted people to have money they would just give the tax payers our money back, give us the 900 Billion with an B, an capital B. I'm not sure how many tax payers are in the system but I'm sure 900 Billion would at least give everyone a nice amount to stack, invest, spend it, what ever the hell you want with it. If they're going to keep inflating the money, let the middle class get the money first, and not the corporations, corporations are getting checks cut while the money buying power is strong, by the time we get the money we need more money on top of that money to cover the depreciation of the money that has just trickled down to us, so I hope you guys have good saving habits. I hope the package doesn't pass.

Forum List

Back