Stimulus is Helping Economy

The stock market is up, consumer confidence is up, existing homes sales had their biggest jump in 30 years.

And it's all OBAMA's FAULT!!!

Kind of hard to buy stocks, consumer goods, and houses when you're laid off...

10% unemployment is just 'round the corner...

Not to worry, unemployment will recover when their benefits run out.

In other words no one will get employed they will just lose their unemployment status cause they are not getting government money anymore. Thanks for admitting it.

The stock market is up, consumer confidence is up, existing homes sales had their biggest jump in 30 years.

Right. Which is why unemployment FELL last month.

Lets use a little logic shall we? How does unemployment FALL while thousands are still losing their jobs? Why it happens through paper pushing the numbers around.

Lets use a little logic shall we? How does unemployment FALL while thousands are still losing their jobs? Why it happens through paper pushing the numbers around.

Because people are only counted as unemployed if they're actively seeking work. If they're no longer actively looking for work, they're no longer in the labor force and are therefore not unemployed.

Our economy driven by mostly free-market capitalism is fixing the economy.....not the drunken spend-a-thon in Washington.

Free market capitalism DESTROYED OUR ECONOMY!!!!

The federal government saved it.

Are you really this dumb?

actually a government that deregulated good lending practices to compell banks to sell loans that they should not be selling to people that should not be buying them then bundeling those loans into investment packages and reselling them caused the world economy to buckle........

all the federal government did was replace all the money the banks lost.......and the banks have reinsituted their strict lending laws......

you do know billions in us dollars went to foreign banks......

the american tax payer is bailing out the world......

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Government deregulating is called free market capitalism.

Busted!

actually a government that deregulated good lending practices to compell banks to sell loans that they should not be selling to people that should not be buying them then bundeling those loans into investment packages and reselling them caused the world economy to buckle........

all the federal government did was replace all the money the banks lost.......and the banks have reinsituted their strict lending laws......

Busted!

you mean the deregulation that Clinton is mostly responsible for?

Busted!

Clinton is mostly responsible for? Last I checked, Gramm-Leach-Bliley was a bipartisan shitshow.

Our economy driven by mostly free-market capitalism is fixing the economy.....not the drunken spend-a-thon in Washington.

that's a very silly argument, unless you're being sarcastic

government (fed reserve anyway) regulation of interest rates destroyed the economy... the federal government's actions are simply going to increase the national debt to even-more astronomical levels.

the federal government broke it... but I'll be fair, during much of the boom period post-WWII it did build the economy better than pure free market economics would have

again, sorry if you were just joking and I just repeated the obvious

No, Phil Gramm's deregulation of the financial services industry is what created the derivatives that destroyed our economy. This created a $512 trillion dollar bubble.

Warren Buffett warned about this years before it happened....

Paul B. Farrell: Derivatives are the new ticking time bomb - MarketWatch

Busted!

Clinton is mostly responsible for? Last I checked, Gramm-Leach-Bliley was a bipartisan shitshow.

In Chris' world where the president is responsible for everything, it happened under clinton's watch, clinton signed it, and his crooked treasury secretary was all in favor of it.

Hmm--I sure don't see it in our state. New statistics out show foreclosure's are up--unemployment went higher again--Americans credit card debt is through the roof--& very few jobs are around.

If this is what liberals refer to as good news--then I would like to see what they think bad news is.

The worst--we're headed into the fall & winter months which are always slower.

Busted!

Criss it might interest you to know that there is not one single industry in this country that is not regulated. Go from A to Z. Without "regulation" we would have doctors that really weren't doctors, nurses that really weren't nurses, electricians that really weren't electricians, lawyers that weren't really lawyers, teachers that weren't really teachers, etc. etc. etc. etc. :clap2: They are all regulated & for good reason.

The fact is we had regulations on certain financial industries (banking & mortgage companies Fannie/Freddie)--that were deregulated during the 1990's that caused the current economic collapse we are currently in.

That has nothing to do with free capital markets--with the exception of Obama proposing a government health care run program--specifically designed to drive out free market capital privately run medical insurance companies.

Last edited:

Don't blame me - blame Barry... (you'll just Blame Booooooosh anyway - who are we kidding....)

The CBO and OMB both say it's going to get worse... I'd love to see what evidence you have that it's going to be a great time for people looking for work...

that's a very silly argument, unless you're being sarcastic

government (fed reserve anyway) regulation of interest rates destroyed the economy... the federal government's actions are simply going to increase the national debt to even-more astronomical levels.

the federal government broke it... but I'll be fair, during much of the boom period post-WWII it did build the economy better than pure free market economics would have

again, sorry if you were just joking and I just repeated the obvious

No, Phil Gramm's deregulation of the financial services industry is what created the derivatives that destroyed our economy. This created a $512 trillion dollar bubble.

Warren Buffett warned about this years before it happened....

Paul B. Farrell: Derivatives are the new ticking time bomb - MarketWatch

I can't agree with that. This is a monetary issue clearly going back to 1968.

The bubble was caused by several factors, all of which involved the fed and its low interest rate policies. MANY people predicted the collapse by 2004-2005, and they all pointed at the fact that the Chinese and other foreigners had tremendous amounts of US dollar assets that required re-investing. Bush closed some of the reinvestment channels and foreigners had to invest in more risky ventures (i.e. real estate). Driving up asset prices beyond what they ought to be.

The same thing happened in Japan in the 90s, where tremendous amounts of capital were coming back into the country and they had to be forcefully invested in real estate... this caused a bubble which burst. Stimulus and 0 interest rate policies followed but did nothing.

Of course the Japanese capital issue was caused by rapid economic growth, whereas the American one was caused by cheap money and borrowing.

btw, I'm not trying to take away the blame from corrupt bankers... they played their part. They lobbied for deregulation, and they also essentially are the puppet masters behind the fed reserve.

But saying this is a regulation problem seriously diminishes the systematic failure of the US economic system and the severity of the collapse.

Somehow this WONT be obama's fault..:muahaha:

The Republican lies won't work anymore.

After a while the truth wears them down.

And most FoxNews viewers are over 65.

So more of them are dying off every day.

Being over 65 is not the issue....being uneducated and over 65 is what they are and that says it all for fox. That dem certainly wont get bigger. You are correct, they are dying off.

They are proud they are uneducated. Besides, they see no connection between jobs and edjumacation.

Being over 65 is not the issue....being uneducated and over 65 is what they are and that says it all for fox. That dem certainly wont get bigger. You are correct, they are dying off.

They are proud they are uneducated. Besides, they see no connection between jobs and edjumacation.

they may be uneducated, but i doubt they are as ignorant as you seem to be.

You do realize how idiotic this contention is, I hope.

Forum List

Back