Stimulus Failed, so we need More Stimulus!

Now we know where Obama got his idea of "more stimulus."
YouTube - CowBell

I don't know. I'm thinking that more cowbell would probably provide better economic relief than massive debt, inflation, and government employees.

That's only because you don't have a clue about macro-economics.

We need more Stimulus the same way the Titanic needed to hit a second iceberg to try to plug the leak.

The stimulus did not fail, you fucking ne'er-do-well dittohead.

Yeah, actually it did, you foul mouthed rodent.

Ribeye - Why would you ever choose to engage me? Do you never get tired of being my bitch?

Culo:

He bests you every time because you are too stupid to breathe.

Of course, you are so bad at this that a ham sandwich would best you three out of four times, you unpersuasive dope.

Who the hell needs teachers, police and firefighters?

That was what the first stimulus was for right?
First Read - Just what's in the stimulus package?.
-- $ 79 billion school districts/public colleges to prevent cutbacks,
-- $ 41 billion for additional school funding ($14 billion for school modernizations and repairs, $13 billion for Title I, $13 billion for IDEA special education funding, $1 billino for education technology)
Now for the firefighters:
$17.8 MILLION IN STIMULUS FUNDING
Mass.Gov
pageID=gov3pressrelease&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Eeops&b=pressrelease&f=112309_funding_released&csid=Agov3
How about the 1 billion to the police:
Federal stimulus money to help N.J. police hire, retain more officers | NJ.com
I guess this means it did not work, but we already know that. Throwing money at the situation just did not work and that is a fact.

Obamacare haunted by unkept promises of stimulus | Washington Examiner

We also tried no stimulous under Bush/Cheney/Rove...

That was a disaster.

Then they need to try something that will work, because the facts show neither "stimulus" or no stimulus works. The stimulus seems to be a bigger "disaster" as is evident with our deficit. The "theirs did not work either" debate will not help the country get out from under this debt. We can stay in the past and continue the partisan politics "blame game" or accept the facts that the current fix-it solution has not worked and move forward with better ideas.
It is past time to politicize everything.

Liberals should go to Vegas, I think every hotel should comp Libs any chance they get because they double down on every losing bet every time

Obama pleads for $50 billion in state, local aid

President Obama urged reluctant lawmakers Saturday to quickly approve nearly $50 billion in emergency aid to state and local governments, saying the money is needed to avoid "massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters" and to support the still-fragile economic recovery. "

washingtonpost.com

The sad thing about this is if this logic were applied to medicine, Frank would say:

"After the second day of taking medicine, I still have symptoms. Obviously the medicine will obviously never work, and I should stop taking it."

Last edited:
Liberals should go to Vegas, I think every hotel should comp Libs any chance they get because they double down on every losing bet every time

President Obama urged reluctant lawmakers Saturday to quickly approve nearly $50 billion in emergency aid to state and local governments, saying the money is needed to avoid "massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters" and to support the still-fragile economic recovery. "

washingtonpost.com

The sad thing about this is if this logic were applied to medicine, Frank would say:

"After the second day of taking medicine, I still have symptoms. Obviously the medicine will obviously never work, and I should stop taking it."

It's more like, after 18 months of taking the medicine the symptoms are getting worse.
The stimulus was a failure. It was bound to be. Two hundred economists, including 2 Nobel Prize winners took out an ad warning it would be a failure. Logic and history dictated it would fail. And it has.
Gov't cannot "stimulate" anything by spending money, except growth in bureaucracy and inefficiency. It can stimulate the economy by creating more incentives to work and invest and then staying the hell away from it. The more Obama talks about gov't creating jobs the fewer jobs are created in the private sector.

washingtonpost.com

The sad thing is that you really believe you have a point. We've been on Stimulus Meds for 18 months and instead of getting better we're getting worse.

The problem is that the Stimulus is the same poison that's choking the economy in the first place.

Epic Fail and the patient dies.

Even the LMSM admits it's a failure

"The $787 billion stimulus plan is turning out to be far less stimulating than its architects expected.

Back in early January, when Barack Obama was still President-elect, two of his chief economic advisers — leading proponents of a stimulus bill — predicted that the passage of a large economic-aid package would boost the economy and keep the unemployment rate below 8%. It hasn't quite worked out that way. Last month, the jobless rate in the U.S. hit 9.5%, the highest level it has reached since 1983.

Read more: Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

-- $ 41 billion for additional school funding ($14 billion for school modernizations and repairs, $13 billion for Title I, $13 billion for IDEA special education funding, $1 billino for education technology)
Mass.Gov
pageID=gov3pressrelease&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Eeops&b=pressrelease&f=112309_funding_released&csid=Agov3
I guess this means it did not work, but we already know that. Throwing money at the situation just did not work and that is a fact.

Facts are so so so so cruel to Progressives

washingtonpost.com

The sad thing is that you really believe you have a point. We've been on Stimulus Meds for 18 months and instead of getting better we're getting worse.

The problem is that the Stimulus is the same poison that's choking the economy in the first place.

77rtheodoric6.jpg

Perhaps I've been wrong to blindly follow the medical traditions and superstitions of past centuries. Maybe we barbers should test these assumptions analytically, through experimentation and a "scientific method". Maybe this scientific method could be extended to other fields of learning: the natural sciences, art, architecture, navigation. Perhaps I could lead the way to a new age, an age of rebirth, a Renaissance! ...........Naaaaaahhh!

A little bloodletting and some boar's vomit, and he'll be fine!

Oh hell yes we need more stimulus for who? Teachers and police? Seems as though Obama told us that was already taken care of. Like in March of 2009.

"So for those who still doubt the wisdom of our recovery plan, I ask them to talk to the teachers who are still able to teach our children because we passed this plan. I ask them to talk to the nurses who are still able to care for our sick and the firefighters and first responders who are still able to keep our communities safe. I ask them to come to Ohio and meet the 25 men and women who will soon be protecting the streets of Columbus because we passed this plan. "
Obama Speaks at Police Academy Graduation in Ohio - washingtonpost.com

But we just have to spend even more, even though we haven't spent all of the first one yet. I think someone is padding the pocketbook because they know they are going to lose their Majority status. But then I could be wrong. I doubt it , but could be.

77rtheodoric6.jpg

Perhaps I've been wrong to blindly follow the medical traditions and superstitions of past centuries. Maybe we barbers should test these assumptions analytically, through experimentation and a "scientific method". Maybe this scientific method could be extended to other fields of learning: the natural sciences, art, architecture, navigation. Perhaps I could lead the way to a new age, an age of rebirth, a Renaissance! ...........Naaaaaahhh!

A little bloodletting and some boar's vomit, and he'll be fine!

Thedoric of York: Patron Saint of the Modern Kenysian

Oh hell yes we need more stimulus for who? Teachers and police? Seems as though Obama told us that was already taken care of. Like in March of 2009.

"So for those who still doubt the wisdom of our recovery plan, I ask them to talk to the teachers who are still able to teach our children because we passed this plan. I ask them to talk to the nurses who are still able to care for our sick and the firefighters and first responders who are still able to keep our communities safe. I ask them to come to Ohio and meet the 25 men and women who will soon be protecting the streets of Columbus because we passed this plan. "
Obama Speaks at Police Academy Graduation in Ohio - washingtonpost.com

But we just have to spend even more, even though we haven't spent all of the first one yet. I think someone is padding the pocketbook because they know they are going to lose their Majority status. But then I could be wrong. I doubt it , but could be.
We've got another round of lay-offs coming to some heathcare professionals ( RN's ) where I work. Not good.

Mr. Obama is looking to purchase another bandaid for the growing boo boo.

SFC, I think you're right. He and his administration are doing everything they can to get everything they can before they lose their majority in the fall.

The stimulus failed because those who received funds did not change their spending habits. Now they need more. They also did not put the money where it could add value to their service or goods. Had it improved infrastructure with shovel ready projects, we may have seen better growth. It subsidized government services for the most part.

Little towns will have to give up their police departments and fire departments and go back to using the Sheriff's Department and volunteer fire fighters. 911 will have to be regionalized, instead of local kingdoms. School adminstrations will have to combine along with small school systems.

washingtonpost.com

Aren't there monies left in the first Stimulus bill that could be spent on this new debacle?

Written by Pat Buchanan

Even lifelong Democratic pol Steny Hoyer, majority leader of the U.S. House, is balking at Barack Obama's latest bailout proposal.

"I think there is spending fatigue," said Steny. "It's tough in both houses to get votes."

Hoyer was referring to Obama's weekend letter to Capitol Hill calling for a $50 billion bailout of state and city governments, to spare our elected politicians the pain of balancing their budgets with their own tax revenues.

Obama calls it an "emergency" measure to prevent "massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters." Yet, none of the 20 million state, county or municipal workers can lose their job unless an elected legislature and a chief executive agree that they should go.

Obama is calling for a taxpayer rescue of the political class to which he belongs, to spare it the painful duty tens of thousands of business executives have had to perform. Private employees -- 25 million of whom are out of work, underemployed or have given up looking for jobs -- may be expendable, but government workers are not.

As America is running a second consecutive deficit of $1.4 trillion, however, the U.S. government has no tax revenue to send to the cities and states. We would have to borrow the $50 billion from China, Japan and the Persian Gulf nations.

Obama is thus asking Congress to deepen America's fiscal crisis and put the next generation on the hook for another $50 billion so today's mayors and governors can get an exemption from their political duty.

Where is the justice here?

Government workers enjoy far greater job security than private-sector workers. At the state and local level, their average pay and benefits, about $40 an hour, far exceed the $27 per hour in the private sector. The federal worker has it even better, receiving $30,000 a year more in pay and benefits than the average worker in the private sector.

Obama's proposal is thus about taking care of his own and the Democratic Party's political base.

Consider. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, the American Federation of Teachers, the Transport Workers Union of America and other government unions in the AFL-CIO are all powerhouses of the Democratic Party.

Obama is proposing a $50 billion payoff for his own voters.

Democrats are the Party of Government. The more government programs and agencies there are, the more government bureaucrats and beneficiaries there are. As government grows -- it now consumes close to 40 percent of the entire economy -- the larger and more solid the base of the party becomes.

In Washington, D.C., the largest employers, far and away, are the U.S. and D.C. governments. They dominate the city, which is why city elections are so one-sided. The district has the only three electoral votes never to have gone for a GOP presidential nominee.

Richard Nixon in 1972 and Ronald Reagan in 1984, in their 49-state landslides, did not carry 20 percent of the district's popular vote. John McCain got 6.5 percent.

As Democrats are the party of government, Washington, D.C., is the capital of the Democratic Party as well as the nation. When the rest of America suffers a depression and recession, Washington knows prosperity. An economic crisis for the country means job opportunities here.

But there is a more critical reason Congress should reject Obama's "Save-Government-First!" policy.

The fiscal crises gripping Europe and America, which could portend a crisis of Western democracy, was caused by the unbridled growth of government. And it cannot be cured without a rollback of government programs and a downsizing of government workforces on both sides of the Atlantic.

As Greece is staring at unpayable debt because of government's conferring of jobs, benefits, salaries, pensions and health care the tax base could not sustain, California and New York are in the same boat and headed for the same reef.

Once the richest and most populous of states, both now face a steady exodus of business and taxpayers. But, of the people coming in to enjoy the cornucopia of benefits these states provide, many lack the skills, education or earning power of those departing.

And why should states like Virginia, that said no to many benefits, have to bail out the spenders in Sacramento and Albany who could not say no?

For the U.S. government to bail these states out again, as Obama did with his $800 billion stimulus, would only be to postpone the inevitable day of reckoning, to deepen the federal fiscal crisis and to raise the odds further that America herself will one day have to default.

In the recession of 1981, Ronald Reagan, with his across-the board tax cuts of 25 percent, bet the ranch on the private sector -- and won his gamble.

Obama, with his $800 billion stimulus, bet it all on the public sector. It appears not to have worked. Now Obama wants to double-down.

Congress should give him no more chips.

Bailing Out The Politicians Now?

Mass.Gov

Don't forget that going into debt to prevent necessary job losses within the public sector only moves the same problem to the next year where it can compound with the added debt and interest owed on that debt. It only forces the hole deeper when you put your head in the sand.

Forum List

Back