Stimulus Failed, so we need More Stimulus!

Liberals should go to Vegas, I think every hotel should comp Libs any chance they get because they double down on every losing bet every time

Obama pleads for $50 billion in state, local aid

President Obama urged reluctant lawmakers Saturday to quickly approve nearly $50 billion in emergency aid to state and local governments, saying the money is needed to avoid "massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters" and to support the still-fragile economic recovery. "

washingtonpost.com

The stimulus did not fail, you fucking ne'er-do-well dittohead.

Liberals should go to Vegas, I think every hotel should comp Libs any chance they get because they double down on every losing bet every time

President Obama urged reluctant lawmakers Saturday to quickly approve nearly $50 billion in emergency aid to state and local governments, saying the money is needed to avoid "massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters" and to support the still-fragile economic recovery. "

washingtonpost.com

Yeah, actually it did, you foul mouthed rodent.

Unless its purpose was to increase dependence on the FedGov and bankrupt the U.S. In that case it is working pretty well.

This was debunked by Hazlett in Economics in One Lesson, as long as ago as 1949. Keynesian "stimulus" or pump priming has never worked. There is not a situation where it did. The Japanese tried exactly the same thing we are, low interest rates and high government spending, and their economy went into a 20 year free fall.

War spending also harms the economy as Hazlitt (a "narco-libertarian") also pointed out. That's something the warhawks ("WWII brought us out of the Great Depression!!") keep lying to us about...

Last edited:

washingtonpost.com

Yeah, actually it did, you foul mouthed rodent.

Ribeye - Why would you ever choose to engage me? Do you never get tired of being my bitch?

The stimulus is working just like it did when FDR tried it. He dragged out the depression much longer than it had to be. You are seeing the same thing now...

Nah. If it worked as good as FDR we would have 17% average unemployment for 7 years. So as ineffective as Obama Stimulus is he is better than FDR.

Oh, what ever happened to the phony "Jobs saved or created" metric?

Do the Coffee Party people discuss it at their meetings?

Im not sure you can say the stimulus failed, It has certainly helped . The country is in much closer to financial collapse and universal slavery ,give it time to work.

Recovery.gov

They've expended half of the Stimulus funds to date, how about we impound the unspent balance when we take Congress and pay down debt?

washingtonpost.com

What the fuck was it supposed to do, make bigger deficits?

washingtonpost.com

What the fuck was it supposed to do, make bigger deficits?

Bigger deficits were inevitable for FY2010, I think even you realize that.

Who the hell needs teachers, police and firefighters?

We need more oil execs, oil lobbyists and oil owners! Oh and more wall street bankers!

By the way, they only spent half the stimulas money so what the hell are these guys talking about?

And BOMBS! ADVANCED WEAPONS SYSTEMS! FIGHTER JETS for all those dogfights we get into with the Taliban. And Submarines for when Al Qaeda attacks our battleships with car bombs. :)

The United States is the wealthiest nation on earth. Do you have any proof, other than your histrionics, that we are BANKRUPT ??????

When you borrow 4 trillion dollars from the Chinese, Japanese and the Saudis to pay for your healthcare program and run the country for 2 years you're fucking broke dude....

I notice you also did not provide any proof.

Bankruptcy means your total debt exceeds your income and your total assets. The United States is the wealthiest country on earth. When you start to look at our assetts, we own 30% of the land in the United States, we own the most powerful military force in the history of mankind, the United States is the most powerful economic engine on earth.

The fact that we have debt is because we choose to have debt. Our politicians are too weak and our people are too spoiled to make the sacrifices needed to run on a balanced budget. But we have not even started to touch our economic resources.

To claim we are bankrupt is laughable.....dude

Where did I claim we were BANKRUPT...Learn to comprehend what you read...then post intelligently....dude.

Forum List

Back