Stimulus check madness

i recently read that the greater the income.. the greater the carbon footprint of the individual ...i think this is unbalanced and unfair.. therefore i have decided it is best spent on increasing my carbon foot print..so i will purchase Styrofoam and burn it

I am extremely mad that I will not be getting a stimulus check even though I qualify to get one. Because my mom didn't understand the rules when she filed our taxes, she claimed me on hers and on mine as a depenant. In order for a depenant to qualify for the $300, you must be under 17 years old. I am 19. The IRS should have made this more clear so that the college age people, who are the ones who can use this money to help with college expenses and possibly help the economy, would get the money they deserve! If anyone knows any way that I can do something about it, please let me know!
If you truly are a dependent then your mother should claim you as one because she'll receive more of a write off for you than a $300 check. Who supports you?

Don't worry, the IRS isn't quite that stupid. It sounds as if he doesn't know what he's talking about.

i recently read that the greater the income.. the greater the carbon footprint of the individual ...i think this is unbalanced and unfair.. therefore i have decided it is best spent on increasing my carbon foot print..so i will purchase Styrofoam and burn it

I also regret not getting my fair share opportunity to be part of the problem.

I suppose I could always take my stimulus check and use it to tour the nation starting forest fires or something.

If I can't stomp the earth with the same carbon footprint as Bill Gates, I am being cheated out of my birthright to leave the earth a smoldering unihabitable mess for the next generation.

I didn't get mine because my wife supplied a tax ID number rather than a SSN, even though we've been in the country for over 10 years and received a check for the last stimulus package.

I got a check yesterday, only it was a partial refund from the IRS who said I paid too much when I submitted my taxes in April.

I read where one family received a stimulus check for 250,000, error on treasuries part. The family sent it back though. Dumb as the feds are, they probably could have cashed it and no one would have known. But, it's best to be honest.

The only stimulus in this check is to stimulate one to consider the nuttiness of the stimulus.

Oh yeah. That's why they don't believe in giving back what they shouldn't have taken in the first place.

Oh yeah. That's why they don't believe in giving back what they shouldn't have taken in the first place.

well, the repubs are taking our money too, and they are spending way more than theyve actually taken. thats a promise to take our $$ later.

According to my local news station, the majority of people in my state are putting their stimulus check directly into their gas tanks.

Too fucking funny. Seems like we are stimulating big oil's bottom line.

Not me. We're stimulating my family and my local economy. Mine's going into savings for a house.

Not me. We're stimulating my family and my local economy. Mine's going into savings for a house.

Allie? If it's going into savings it isn't exactly stimulating the economy in the way your fearless leader dreamed, now is it?

Forum List

Back