Stimulus bill already working!

As I said, the stimulus bill is going to help me tremendously.

I just had some people call me who want to buy a house because of the $8,000 tax credit.

Oh yeah ... buy a house with fake money basically. Credit isn't real money, and they give out more credit than real money exists to cover the bills. That's what caused the actual mess in the first place. Short term help didn't work the first time, how can you expect it to work the second time?

Damn, good thing me and Mr. Ravi celebrated V-Day last night because there isn't an open reservation in the entire downtown area of Hollywood, f l a. We were going to go watch a singer/musician friend of ours tonight but we couldn't find a place to eat.

Or things aren't as bad as the fear monger says they are ? :eusa_whistle:

I'm pretty sure that's the case. I haven't even gotten my $13.00 tax credit yet,how could I afford anything until then ? *rolls eyes*

The one that said there would be a monumental catastrophe if this bill does not pass quickly. Some call him the messiah, i call him another lying politician that puts his own agenda ahead of what's best for the country.

That one ....

Bush said the same thing for his bill ... and that one worked just as well.
Actually, you can't know that. Things might be even worse. That's the funny thing about stimulating the economy, you can never really know if it works, you can only theorize. Giving people confidence will make people spend.

So it's ok to scare people into going along with it, as long as it gets them to spend?

You really think an economy based on borrowing and spending is good, Rav? You don't think this country could use this downturn to get their heads straight and friggin re-learn how to be responsible with money? We're being enslaved by debt, and the only answer is to hurry up and build more debt?

I just had some people call me who want to buy a house because of the $8,000 tax credit.
yeah, just wait till they actually have to make those payments
LOL
but you wont care cause you already got your commission

asshole

Oh yeah ... buy a house with fake money basically. Credit isn't real money, and they give out more credit than real money exists to cover the bills. That's what caused the actual mess in the first place. Short term help didn't work the first time, how can you expect it to work the second time?
he has his head too far up Obama's ass to know the difference
he opposed the first, but supports the second
go figure

Hey, what happened to us blokes stick together? Give him a break, he could be in big strife now :lol:
good, he deserves it
i had mine taken care of last week
;)
tff, we celebrated Friday, Saturday we were just going to see a friend perform. Thanks to the stimulus, Mr. Ravi stopped and bought some stone crab claws for dinner. Yum.
not possible, because Obama hasnt signed it yet, unless you are thanking BUsh for his stimulus bill

btw, i opposed that b oondoggle just as much as i oppose this one
neither were the right thing to do

good, he deserves it
i had mine taken care of last week
;)
tff, we celebrated Friday, Saturday we were just going to see a friend perform. Thanks to the stimulus, Mr. Ravi stopped and bought some stone crab claws for dinner. Yum.
not possible, because Obama hasnt signed it yet, unless you are thanking BUsh for his stimulus bill

Perception is everything.

uh, i prefer to live in reality
you can live in your fantasy if you wish

Bush said the same thing for his bill ... and that one worked just as well.
Actually, you can't know that. Things might be even worse. That's the funny thing about stimulating the economy, you can never really know if it works, you can only theorize. Giving people confidence will make people spend.

So it's ok to scare people into going along with it, as long as it gets them to spend?

You really think an economy based on borrowing and spending is good, Rav? You don't think this country could use this downturn to get their heads straight and friggin re-learn how to be responsible with money? We're being enslaved by debt, and the only answer is to hurry up and build more debt?

Here's the answer...when you get you $35,000 bill for your share of the national debt?

Emmigrate.

No, results are everything.

They've been selling since the rumor of this disaster came out and their still selling techie. Get real. Most of the American people think this think is likely a disaster, so no it has nothing to do with restaurants being full for Valentine's Day. Their is likely a small bit of the old hedonist saying involved, You no eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we're going to be broke...

They've been selling since the rumor of this disaster came out and their still selling techie. Get real. Most of the American people think this think is likely a disaster, so no it has nothing to do with restaurants being full for Valentine's Day. Their is likely a small bit of the old hedonist saying involved, You no eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we're going to be broke...

No, actually this bill is going to help.

Bush, Reagan, and Phil Gramm are the ones who made us broke.

No, actually this bill is going to help.

Bush, Reagan, and Phil Gramm are the ones who made us broke.
wrong again, moron

uh, i prefer to live in reality
you can live in your fantasy if you wish
That's pretty funny coming from someone that claimed a meaningless comment by Bush caused gas prices to fall.

:lol:

Perception is nothing when it belies the truth. It is no excuse for willful ignorance; which, you seem more than happy to display.

Perception is nothing when it belies the truth. It is no excuse for willful ignorance; which, you seem more than happy to display.
Thanks for the gratuitous attack, Gunny. I was beginning to feel left out.

Thanks for the gratuitous attack, Gunny. I was beginning to feel left out.

Nothing gratuitous about it. You tried to hide behind a silly-ass comment and I responded to it. That's kind of how message boards work.

What's with the inflammatory, gratuitous thread? Anyone with half a brain cell can see it for what it is. Unless you're the woman that got the freebie house, it is factually incorrect to make the claim a bill that was not even signed yet at the time you originated this thread was somehow working for you already, and that has NOTHING to do with perspective.

Forum List

Back