Stimulous creates jobs!

Read this son...and get the hell off the bandwagon of followers......

IN 300 YEARS AMERICA HAS BECOME THE STRONGEST, MOST PROSPEROUS, WEALTHIEST AND MOST GENEROUS COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

By per capita income, we are still the wealthiest. Not the most prosperous for most of our citizens. The nations of Western Europe does better in that category. And most certainly not the most generous. Remember the parable of the widow's mite?Are we stingy? How well does foreign aid add up?

IN 1000'S OF YEARS, THE COUNTRIES OBAMA AND YOU WOULD LIKE US TO EMULATE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED HALF OF WHAT WE HAVE IN A FRACTION OF THE TIME.

Silly ass, there are no nations that are thousands of years old. And we built on the experiances of other nations.

THERE IS NOT A SINGLE 3RD GENERATION AMERICAN THT DOES NOT HAVE A RELATIVE, BE IT DISTANT OR CLOSE, THAT IS BURIED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY HAVING DIED AS HE/SHE FOUGHT FOR THAT COUNTRY'S FREEDOM. HOW MANY OF THEIRS ARE BURIED HERE, on our shores, FOR DOING THE SAME?

Tens of thousands of Union soldiers. Ten of thousands of Native Americans who fought for their freedom. Thousands who fought in our Revoltionary War.

WE, AS A COUNTRY, HAVE MADE MANY MISTAKES. AND WE HAVE LEARNED FROM THEM AND GROWN FROM THEM.

Yes that is true, and in learning, fundementally changed the nature of our nation.

YET......

THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR A MAN THAT ADMITS THAT HIS GOAL IS TO FUINDAMENTALLY CHANGE AMERICA.

Sounds like a plan.

Yes, it sounds like an excellant plan.

Wow....do you hate this country? Your response sickens me. You actually found ways to punch holes in what I was saying without...even once...trying to get the gist of the point I was making.

I do not hate my nation. I love it very much, and make every attempt to see as much of it as possible in my lifetime. I do not intend to look at it or it's history through rose colored glasses. Reality may be a bitch, but ignoring just gets one killed.

THIS IS A GREAT COUNTRY. I dont give a crap about the age of Japan, China, GB...it was a point.

This is a very great nation, and has led the rest of the natons of the world in creating real freedom for all.

You use Union soldiers to fight opff the point I made about all of our dead all over the world. That is pitiful. It was more a metaphore than a fact.

In acheiving the freedom we enjoy today, we shed blood both here and abroad. That fact is one of the glories of this nation.

And we learned from the mistakesof other nations to make out own.....yet you see it otherwise.

Not just the mistakes. From the Magna Charta to Adam Smith, we built on the foundation that citizens of other nations created. And we provided the example that has created the modern democracies in Europe and Asia.

You are a very confusing gentleman.

Perhaps. But I believe history and nations must be viewed through the lens of reality, not cliches and chauvinism.

Yes, it sounds like an excellant plan.

Wow....do you hate this country? Your response sickens me. You actually found ways to punch holes in what I was saying without...even once...trying to get the gist of the point I was making.

I do not hate my nation. I love it very much, and make every attempt to see as much of it as possible in my lifetime. I do not intend to look at it or it's history through rose colored glasses. Reality may be a bitch, but ignoring just gets one killed.

THIS IS A GREAT COUNTRY. I dont give a crap about the age of Japan, China, GB...it was a point.

This is a very great nation, and has led the rest of the natons of the world in creating real freedom for all.

You use Union soldiers to fight opff the point I made about all of our dead all over the world. That is pitiful. It was more a metaphore than a fact.

In acheiving the freedom we enjoy today, we shed blood both here and abroad. That fact is one of the glories of this nation.

And we learned from the mistakesof other nations to make out own.....yet you see it otherwise.

Not just the mistakes. From the Magna Charta to Adam Smith, we built on the foundation that citizens of other nations created. And we provided the example that has created the modern democracies in Europe and Asia.

Perhaps. But I believe history and nations must be viewed through the lens of reality, not cliches and chauvinism.

I must admit...I met my match. I do not see things through rose colored glasses. My reality and your reality are two different things.
You are a liberal and I am a conservative.....yet if we met in a bar, we would never even know it.
And no...I am not making a pass at you...I am happiuly married with two great boys (now almost men).....but I am impressed with they way you present your argument.

Too bad you are worng.....:eusa_whistle:

Well, I know it's working around me. Lot of roadwork going on because of it.

About time, too.

So you are OKAY with the idea of redoing your bathroom at a cost of 10,000 even though you are broke?

I am glad to see we will have pretty streets to drive on next year...as we drive to the unemployment office and continue to pay 500 million dollars a day in intertest to those that lent us the money for pretty streets.

Pathetic.

What???

First you cons are bitching "where are the jobs" and then when it's brought up that jobs actually are being created (even if they might be temporary), you bitch like it's a bad thing now?

Now that is pathetic.

What's your point? That we are in a recession, bad one created by GOP policies? That jobs are always the market lagger in an economic recovery created by BHO's administration? That life is getting a bit better every day but it is going slow because of the toll of the failed Bush policies?

OK, we all understand that.

OMG.....BUSH,BUSH,BUSH,it's always Bush's fault.
Typical Lib nonsense.
My job suks or I don't have one......It's someone's fault not mine.
My house suks or I don't have one.....It's someones fault,not mine.
I don't have a good education,I don't have good health care on and on and on it goes with Democrats.....It's never their fault.
Two years from now when this country is bankrupt and the flag of China is proudly flying
over Obama's WH the Dems will be blaming Bush.:eusa_whistle:

New data, released on the government-run Web site Recovery.gov on Oct. 14, show the stimulus program has created or saved at least 30,383 jobs, though that covers only a sliver of the total aid package. Jared Bernstein, a senior economic advisor in the Obama administration, said in a White House blog post the data could be extrapolated to show at least one million jobs created or saved so far, based on the total amount spent.
Stimulus Bill Data Offer Glimpse of Effectiveness | Online NewsHour | October 21, 2009 | PBS
You have some nerve posting this after calling the truth 'patisan drivel.'

Talk about propaganda, this nonsense you've just linked to is goebels level lying, the GOVERNMENT claims it may show a GLIMPSE of effectiveness???!

A GLIMPSE????

I'd would be embarrissed to post if i linked to such silly propaganda as you just did.

If you work in the unemployment office maybe.

Back in the real world it has massivily failed, 49 out of 50 states have lost jobs.

House Committee on Ways & Means - Republican

Three points:

1. The stimulus is designed poorly. I've complained about it and why I think it's badly (read classist) designed on other threads.

2. What it has done, however, is keep a lot of people in their jobs who would have, otherwise, lost them. Teachers and state workers, and public works construction workers, mostly. (FYI, I think the numbers of people who are working who would not have been, sans that stimulus money, numbers in the millions)

3. So far, they've spent about 1/3 of the total package, so there's some hope that it will help a bit.

If I were grading the package thus far, I'd give it about a C-
There is zero proof that this is the case, and it was NOT designed to do that in any case.

It was supposed to STIMULATE THE ECONOMY AND CREATE JOBS.

Claiming with zero proof it 'saved jobs' is just spin doctoring.

BTW, Unemployment today hit 9.8, a 26 year high.

So much for 'saving jobs.'

I find this claim of "saved jobs" a total load of horseshit also...if it saved jobs then why did unemployment go up?

Back in the real world it has massivily failed, 49 out of 50 states have lost jobs.

Rush to judgement. It hasn't massively failed, it just isn't working yet.

The focus has been healthcare. Business can't come back strong enough without healthcare reform, everyone knows this. Let's get that done then we can sort out the rest.

Wrong...next in line is Cap and Trade

So you are OKAY with the idea of redoing your bathroom at a cost of 10,000 even though you are broke?

I am glad to see we will have pretty streets to drive on next year...as we drive to the unemployment office and continue to pay 500 million dollars a day in intertest to those that lent us the money for pretty streets.

Pathetic.

Really dumb. Roads represent investments. Just as the buildings and improvements built by the WPA and CCC in the last depression are still in use, those roads will be there and making money for all of us as the market comes back.

I traveled through Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Utah this summer, and saw needed work going on in all of those states. People working at jobs that created infrastructure that will be used by all of us for many decades to come.

Dumb? You actually believe roads are investments? You fell for that rhetoric?
Roads are in constant need of repair...constant......fixing them this year will simply mean having to fix them next year as well. In times of recession, putting a dime into fixing roads is rediculous.
You cling to the last recession recovery that took decades as a success....IT WASNT A SUCCESS.......
And roads from back then that are still around have been repaved dozens of times.

30,000 jobs in all created.....and not one iota of GDP increase resulted......300 billion dollars and we have paved roads as the only thing people can show for it...roads that wer poaved already, but needed some repair......and so we put 300 billion dollars into repaving them for 30K jobs as millions are unemplyed.

And you say what I said was dumb?

roads being paved dont mean shit....the roads by Disneyland get paved every few years whether they need it or not....up in the Anaheim hills where the "wealthy" reside...roads are in great shape....where the rest of us reside....we might as well be riding on dirt roads.....there is no money for them....some potholes are the size of small Jacuzzis....

Really dumb. Roads represent investments. Just as the buildings and improvements built by the WPA and CCC in the last depression are still in use, those roads will be there and making money for all of us as the market comes back.

I traveled through Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Utah this summer, and saw needed work going on in all of those states. People working at jobs that created infrastructure that will be used by all of us for many decades to come.

Roads are in constant need of repair...constant......fixing them this year will simply mean having to fix them next year as well. In times of recession, putting a dime into fixing roads is rediculous.
You cling to the last recession recovery that took decades as a success....IT WASNT A SUCCESS.......
And roads from back then that are still around have been repaved dozens of times.

30,000 jobs in all created.....and not one iota of GDP increase resulted......300 billion dollars and we have paved roads as the only thing people can show for it...roads that wer poaved already, but needed some repair......and so we put 300 billion dollars into repaving them for 30K jobs as millions are unemplyed.

roads being paved dont mean shit....the roads by Disneyland get paved every few years whether they need it or not....up in the Anaheim hills where the "wealthy" reside...roads are in great shape....where the rest of us reside....we might as well be riding on dirt roads.....there is no money for them....some potholes are the size of small Jacuzzis....

I thought you lived in Dove Canyon?

Old and Tired.....you will find that Old Rocks NEVER has anything good to say about this country.....we are always second rate..... he seems to be the kind of person who wants us to be less in stature....we should not be ahead of anyone else in anything....we should be knocked down a few pegs....

New data, released on the government-run Web site Recovery.gov on Oct. 14, show the stimulus program has created or saved at least 30,383 jobs, though that covers only a sliver of the total aid package. Jared Bernstein, a senior economic advisor in the Obama administration, said in a White House blog post the data could be extrapolated to show at least one million jobs created or saved so far, based on the total amount spent.
Stimulus Bill Data Offer Glimpse of Effectiveness | Online NewsHour | October 21, 2009 | PBS

Talk about propaganda, this nonsense you've just linked to is goebels level lying, the GOVERNMENT claims it may show a GLIMPSE of effectiveness???!

A GLIMPSE????

I'd would be embarrissed to post if i linked to such silly propaganda as you just did.
Obviously you missed my point. You posted partisan drivel from a blog, though you deny it is a blog...so I did the same thing. :lol:

A GLIMPSE????

Obviously you missed my point. You posted partisan drivel from a blog, though you deny it is a blog...so I did the same thing. :lol:
the House Ways & Means Committee is a blog now?

There will always be people like me, entrepneurs, that will take on the slack...fill the gap if you will.
There aren't that many "entrepneurs" that can start up a business without funding. If banks don't loan, the economy pretty much ends.

You are correct....

But for every bank that dies, there were other banks to pick up the slack. Money goes in cirlces...it does not disappear.

That was where Bush, and now Obama, capitalized on the naievity of the American People.

Yes folks....our government sees us as idiots.....and they take advantage of the fact that we are.

Special interest groups get the benefit of government....not the people.

You're wrong in your assertion about money not" just disapearing"

Trillions of dollars just "disapeared" from our collection economic psyche.

The presumed value of our homes.

Wealth isn't merely the cash in circulation, neither is it the digital entries in a set of books.

It is also the presumption that we have assets that we can always sell for some amout of money.

If, as has recently happened, wediscover that that our assets are worth far less, we have just lost wealth we THOUGHT we had.

Money is really little more than our collective CONFIDENCE, folks.

It's a mutually agreed upon delusion.

We're in a DEFLATIONARY recssion because of that loss in confidence.

Last edited:

Rush to judgement. It hasn't massively failed, it just isn't working yet.

The focus has been healthcare. Business can't come back strong enough without healthcare reform, everyone knows this. Let's get that done then we can sort out the rest.

WHAT!!

Think of the companies that are doing well and causing the markets to rise and then fall. Its because of the FACT that they now run lean that they are doing well. If you can do well and make a profit running lean then why would you hire a bunch of unnecessary employees which would add more than just salaries ... and what has getting health care got to do with the creating jobs other than possibly bigger government?

I thought you lived in Dove Canyon?

i live in the happiest place on earth....thats why i am always so happy and filled with joy...:lol:

Forum List

Back