Stimulous creates jobs!

So you are OKAY with the idea of redoing your bathroom at a cost of 10,000 even though you are broke?

I am glad to see we will have pretty streets to drive on next year...as we drive to the unemployment office and continue to pay 500 million dollars a day in intertest to those that lent us the money for pretty streets.

Pathetic.

Really dumb. Roads represent investments. Just as the buildings and improvements built by the WPA and CCC in the last depression are still in use, those roads will be there and making money for all of us as the market comes back.

I traveled through Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Utah this summer, and saw needed work going on in all of those states. People working at jobs that created infrastructure that will be used by all of us for many decades to come.

hahaha....put up some road signs and idiotic liberals believe their messiah is the master job stimulator...what a crock...i puke every time i pass one of these paid-for-by-our-taxes propaganda signs...

abc_stimulus_signs_090709_mn.jpg

What was the price of those signs again? Govt effectiveness at its best...:cuckoo:

There will always be people like me, entrepneurs, that will take on the slack...fill the gap if you will.
There aren't that many "entrepneurs" that can start up a business without funding. If banks don't loan, the economy pretty much ends.

You are correct....

But for every bank that dies, there were other banks to pick up the slack. Money goes in cirlces...it does not disappear.

That was where Bush, and now Obama, capitalized on the naievity of the American People.

Yes folks....our government sees us as idiots.....and they take advantage of the fact that we are.

Special interest groups get the benefit of government....not the people.

There will always be people like me, entrepneurs, that will take on the slack...fill the gap if you will.
There aren't that many "entrepneurs" that can start up a business without funding. If banks don't loan, the economy pretty much ends.

Just curious if you have any data to back up this assertion?

It was a repeat of rhetoric that was used by Bush..and then Obama.

I can get a loan from most banks. Bank of America turned me down despite having 7 figures in there (buisiness).

So I called a regional bank, offered my accounts, and got my loan...and saved the jobs of many as I bought out a small business that was about to go under.

Many would have done that but the goivernemnt used the media to tell us we wont be able to do it.

I knew better. Seems many didnt.

Wall Street benefited greatly from the numerous Corporate Bailouts. I don't know how you don't see this. The Corporate Fat Cat Bankers have only gotten richer and the people will be paying for that for a very very long time. There has been no real "Bailout" or "Stimulus" for average American Citizens. Corporate Welfare is the only reason Wall Street is now celebrating their new winnings. Most average Americans are doing anything but celebrating at this point.

A good point. A suggestion here. Limit salaries of companies that have taken bailout money to a top of $250,000 annually. If there are bonuses, then all employees, including temps, get the same per centage bonus, that includes the CEO and all management.

Now let's put the money down to the small banks that fund small businesses. Oh wait, the President has just done that. My, my, that must be another One Worlder Conspiracy if President Obama did it, correct?:lol:

Spoken like a true "always an empoloyee, never an employer"

LMAO...all get equal percentage bonuses....you kow...the ones that work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day so they do not need to layoff the guy that works 4 dsays a week 6 hours a day should not be recognized for his dedication.

Clueless. Totally clueless.

Clueless? Old and tired, you are a stupid ass. I have worked most of my life as an employee. Most of the time my work weeks were 60 or more hours. And that was not sitting behind a desk, that was working as an industrial millwright. At 66, I am still doing that kind of work. Only just 40 hrs a week now because of the slowdown of business. It is like a vacation.

Interestingly enough, I have only worked for one Employer in my life. The rest of the time, I worked for a corperation. In a corperation, the CEO is an employee, not an employer. He should be paid more than the rest of us, for the fate of the corperation rests on his decisions. But not hundreds of times more than the rest of us. And his bonuses should be no higher percentage of his salary than the rest of the employees get.

Please note that I put the limit of $250,000 only on those corperations that have taken government bailout money. Payback the money and the salaries of management can go back up.

You are correct....

But for every bank that dies, there were other banks to pick up the slack. Money goes in cirlces...it does not disappear.

That was where Bush, and now Obama, capitalized on the naievity of the American People.

Yes folks....our government sees us as idiots.....and they take advantage of the fact that we are.

I think you are incorrect. In these particular circumstances, the banks were all going to sink together. While it is possible that after a few decades things would have straightened themselves out it would have been a completely different world.

You are correct....

I think you are incorrect. In these particular circumstances, the banks were all going to sink together. While it is possible that after a few decades things would have straightened themselves out it would have been a completely different world.

You are wrong. there are hundreds of regional banks that would love to lend money. The only ones that got bailouts were the big boys.....so let them sink and let the regionals fill the gap.

That is how capitalism always worked. You may be big, but if you screw up there are the small potatoes ready to fill the void.

And trust me....look in your town.....did those banks get bailouts? DId they fail? NO...they are doing business as usual.

Ya think they would have loved to get an 8% return on a multi million dollar business loan?

You betcha.

Do not go by the rhetoric....they are trying to win votes. They will NEVER be honest with you.

New data, released on the government-run Web site Recovery.gov on Oct. 14, show the stimulus program has created or saved at least 30,383 jobs, though that covers only a sliver of the total aid package. Jared Bernstein, a senior economic advisor in the Obama administration, said in a White House blog post the data could be extrapolated to show at least one million jobs created or saved so far, based on the total amount spent.
Stimulus Bill Data Offer Glimpse of Effectiveness | Online NewsHour | October 21, 2009 | PBS

Perhaps a czar job counts as 10,000?

I can get a loan from most banks. Bank of America turned me down despite having 7 figures in there (buisiness).

So I called a regional bank, offered my accounts, and got my loan...and saved the jobs of many as I bought out a small business that was about to go under.

Many would have done that but the goivernemnt used the media to tell us we wont be able to do it.

:lol: I haven't had any trouble getting loans, either. But that doesn't mean if I hadn't been an A+ customer or had no collateral the banks would have given me anything.

You made it sound like a business that was too big to fail being allowed to fail (like many of the banks, which is what was being discussed) would have quickly been replaced by enterprising individuals. Are you prepared to be a mega bank? Or get the capital to do it? Some how I doubt it.

A good point. A suggestion here. Limit salaries of companies that have taken bailout money to a top of $250,000 annually. If there are bonuses, then all employees, including temps, get the same per centage bonus, that includes the CEO and all management.

Now let's put the money down to the small banks that fund small businesses. Oh wait, the President has just done that. My, my, that must be another One Worlder Conspiracy if President Obama did it, correct?:lol:

LMAO...all get equal percentage bonuses....you kow...the ones that work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day so they do not need to layoff the guy that works 4 dsays a week 6 hours a day should not be recognized for his dedication.

Clueless? Old and tired, you are a stupid ass. I have worked most of my life as an employee. Most of the time my work weeks were 60 or more hours. And that was not sitting behind a desk, that was working as an industrial millwright. At 66, I am still doing that kind of work. Only just 40 hrs a week now because of the slowdown of business. It is like a vacation.

Interestingly enough, I have only worked for one Employer in my life. The rest of the time, I worked for a corperation. In a corperation, the CEO is an employee, not an employer. He should be paid more than the rest of us, for the fate of the corperation rests on his decisions. But not hundreds of times more than the rest of us. And his bonuses should be no higher percentage of his salary than the rest of the employees get.

Please note that I put the limit of $250,000 only on those corperations that have taken government bailout money. Payback the money and the salaries of management can go back up.

I admire your dedication for your trade. You are obviopusly passionate about what you do...and you are the type I admire.

We may disagree...and we do....but I should have known you better before I said you were cluless. You are obviously not clueless.

You are what America is all about. So am I.

You a machinist? Acme Gridley's by chance?

Is this what was told to the CEOs when the government came around begging for them to accept Tarp funds?

:lol: I haven't had any trouble getting loans, either. But that doesn't mean if I hadn't been an A+ customer or had no collateral the banks would have given me anything.

You made it sound like a business that was too big to fail being allowed to fail (like many of the banks, which is what was being discussed) would have quickly been replaced by enterprising individuals. Are you prepared to be a mega bank? Or get the capital to do it? Some how I doubt it.

No...but there are many regional banks that were prepared to take up the slack.

Like I said...BoA...even WITH the bailout turned me down despite a stellar record with them and 7 figures deposited with them. So I knocked on the door of 3 regional banks and got 3 offers.

So we bailed out a bank as it was too big to fail...and it acted as it failed and had no effect on me whatsoever.

So perhaps they were not too big to fail?

Given the administraiton's predictions for 9 months out, and we are at that point, yes it has masssively failed. It had to. You cannot create wealth by taking a dollar from one person and giving it to another.
Every economic policy Obama has pushed has failed. He pushed for foreclosure relief for mortgages. That failed. He pushed the bailout of GM and Chrysler. While those haven't failed yet, it did not address the structural problems in those companies so failure is only a matter of time.
Healthcare will be an even bigger failure. WIth the WH having lost a huge vote yesterday in the Senate it looks like they will fall back and punt. Imposing massive mandates on even small employers is no way to increase employment.
Really none of this is that complicated.

LOL. Good lord, ol' Rabid thinks this administration has failed in only nine months. Your boy had eight years and gave us nothing but failure, incompetance, and corruption.

Simply by passing the new GI Bill, President Obama has achieved more, and done more for our servicemen and women, than Bush ever did.

Oh yeah, President Obama's Healthcare initiatives will be a failure. I mean our present system is such a success. We pay twice as much as every body else in terms of GDP and fail to cover 15% of our citizens. We have third world rank in longevity and infant mortality. Yeah, our present health care system is such a damned success.

Buy you people just keep up the rants. Quote your science and history out of your Conservapedia. Come on, 2010!

Read this son...and get the hell off the bandwagon of followers......

IN 300 YEARS AMERICA HAS BECOME THE STRONGEST, MOST PROSPEROUS, WEALTHIEST AND MOST GENEROUS COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

By per capita income, we are still the wealthiest. Not the most prosperous for most of our citizens. The nations of Western Europe does better in that category. And most certainly not the most generous. Remember the parable of the widow's mite?Are we stingy? How well does foreign aid add up?

IN 1000'S OF YEARS, THE COUNTRIES OBAMA AND YOU WOULD LIKE US TO EMULATE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED HALF OF WHAT WE HAVE IN A FRACTION OF THE TIME.

Silly ass, there are no nations that are thousands of years old. And we built on the experiances of other nations.

THERE IS NOT A SINGLE 3RD GENERATION AMERICAN THT DOES NOT HAVE A RELATIVE, BE IT DISTANT OR CLOSE, THAT IS BURIED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY HAVING DIED AS HE/SHE FOUGHT FOR THAT COUNTRY'S FREEDOM. HOW MANY OF THEIRS ARE BURIED HERE, on our shores, FOR DOING THE SAME?

Tens of thousands of Union soldiers. Ten of thousands of Native Americans who fought for their freedom. Thousands who fought in our Revoltionary War.

WE, AS A COUNTRY, HAVE MADE MANY MISTAKES. AND WE HAVE LEARNED FROM THEM AND GROWN FROM THEM.

Yes that is true, and in learning, fundementally changed the nature of our nation.

YET......

THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR A MAN THAT ADMITS THAT HIS GOAL IS TO FUINDAMENTALLY CHANGE AMERICA.

Sounds like a plan.

Yes, it sounds like an excellant plan.

LOL. Good lord, ol' Rabid thinks this administration has failed in only nine months. Your boy had eight years and gave us nothing but failure, incompetance, and corruption.

Simply by passing the new GI Bill, President Obama has achieved more, and done more for our servicemen and women, than Bush ever did.

Oh yeah, President Obama's Healthcare initiatives will be a failure. I mean our present system is such a success. We pay twice as much as every body else in terms of GDP and fail to cover 15% of our citizens. We have third world rank in longevity and infant mortality. Yeah, our present health care system is such a damned success.

Buy you people just keep up the rants. Quote your science and history out of your Conservapedia. Come on, 2010!

Read this son...and get the hell off the bandwagon of followers......

IN 300 YEARS AMERICA HAS BECOME THE STRONGEST, MOST PROSPEROUS, WEALTHIEST AND MOST GENEROUS COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

By per capita income, we are still the wealthiest. Not the most prosperous for most of our citizens. The nations of Western Europe does better in that category. And most certainly not the most generous. Remember the parable of the widow's mite?Are we stingy? How well does foreign aid add up?

IN 1000'S OF YEARS, THE COUNTRIES OBAMA AND YOU WOULD LIKE US TO EMULATE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED HALF OF WHAT WE HAVE IN A FRACTION OF THE TIME.

Silly ass, there are no nations that are thousands of years old. And we built on the experiances of other nations.

THERE IS NOT A SINGLE 3RD GENERATION AMERICAN THT DOES NOT HAVE A RELATIVE, BE IT DISTANT OR CLOSE, THAT IS BURIED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY HAVING DIED AS HE/SHE FOUGHT FOR THAT COUNTRY'S FREEDOM. HOW MANY OF THEIRS ARE BURIED HERE, on our shores, FOR DOING THE SAME?

Tens of thousands of Union soldiers. Ten of thousands of Native Americans who fought for their freedom. Thousands who fought in our Revoltionary War.

WE, AS A COUNTRY, HAVE MADE MANY MISTAKES. AND WE HAVE LEARNED FROM THEM AND GROWN FROM THEM.

Yes that is true, and in learning, fundementally changed the nature of our nation.

YET......

THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR A MAN THAT ADMITS THAT HIS GOAL IS TO FUINDAMENTALLY CHANGE AMERICA.

Sounds like a plan.

Yes, it sounds like an excellant plan.

Wow....do you hate this country? Your response sickens me. You actually found ways to punch holes in what I was saying without...even once...trying to get the gist of the point I was making.

THIS IS A GREAT COUNTRY. I dont give a crap about the age of Japan, China, GB...it was a point.

You use Union soldiers to fight opff the point I made about all of our dead all over the world. That is pitiful. It was more a metaphore than a fact.

And we learned from the mistakesof other nations to make out own.....yet you see it otherwise.

You are a very confusing gentleman.

I admire your dedication for your trade. You are obviopusly passionate about what you do...and you are the type I admire.

We may disagree...and we do....but I should have known you better before I said you were cluless. You are obviously not clueless.

I apologize for coming on so adamant. However, there seems to be an assumption by some that those of liberal politics do not work, or serve in the military.

No, a millwright is kind of jack of all trades. We build, place, and maintain the machinery that drives industry. The work can be as mundane as greasing the machinery, to as complex as working with the electricians and automation people to find out why a servo valve that controls the pressure on a 180 ton roll is not holding the thickness of a sheet of steel within the required tolerances.

I worked in sawmills for the first 20 years of my career, and then construction, and steel mills for the remaining. With a bit of a time out in the Forest Service fighting fires, and keeping log on an engineering core drill.

Is this what was told to the CEOs when the government came around begging for them to accept Tarp funds?

Real dumb. It was the other way around, and you damned well know it.

I apologize for coming on so adamant. However, there seems to be an assumption by some that those of liberal politics do not work, or serve in the military.

No, a millwright is kind of jack of all trades. We build, place, and maintain the machinery that drives industry. The work can be as mundane as greasing the machinery, to as complex as working with the electricians and automation people to find out why a servo valve that controls the pressure on a 180 ton roll is not holding the thickness of a sheet of steel within the required tolerances.

I worked in sawmills for the first 20 years of my career, and then construction, and steel mills for the remaining. With a bit of a time out in the Forest Service fighting fires, and keeping log on an engineering core drill.

Liberals are perceived as anti military and conservatives are seen as bigots and racists.

Without the media, we would see each other based on our character.

Interssting.....no?

Actually, many were asked to take it and lend it out. They did not ask for it. They simply wanted to clean their act up and then get back to lending.
Bush insisted they take it now and lend it now......but they bty no means begged for it. Many of them actually did not use it and gave it back during first quarter 2009....but, alas, now they are forced to suffer the consequences non the less.

Actually, many were asked to take it and lend it out. They did not ask for it. They simply wanted to clean their act up and then get back to lending.
Bush insisted they take it now and lend it now......but they bty no means begged for it. Many of them actually did not use it and gave it back during first quarter 2009....but, alas, now they are forced to suffer the consequences non the less.

Also the government deems when it is appropriate for them to repay the Tarp funds. Some Corporations want to repay the funds but the Feds won't let them.

Also the government deems when it is appropriate for them to repay the Tarp funds. Some Corporations want to repay the funds but the Feds won't let them.

Actually...and not to come across as adversarial......it is not that they willot take it back. They are forcing the receivers of the TARP money to prove they are liquid before they give it back. But a smart business manager does not worry about expediency to become liquid. They put together a business plan...a recovery plan if you will....and they follow it to a tee. Ironically, OUR tarp money is sitting there doing nothing as these companies refuse to roll over and make themselves liquid quicker than they should just so they can return the tarp money.

Funny thing...in a way, the governemnt is asking them to "forget their own recovery plan" and become liquid faster so they can give the money back.....but most buisinesses are too smart to do it.

Forum List

Back