Still think fracking is a good idea?

Good ideas that actually get people WORKING don't sit well with Liberals.

Ideas that promote the Liberal agenda, whether good or not, are given credence based on their social agenda alone. Commerce be damned, economics be damned, profitibility be damned.

Make people feel good, for goodness sakes!

Ideas that promote the Liberal agenda, whether good or not, are given credence based on their social agenda alone. Commerce be damned, economics be damned, profitibility be damned.

Good ideas that actually get people working don't fit with the liberal agenda because when those sorts of ideas are implemented, someone is always making more than someone else. Liberalism is all about equality even if that equality is equal misery.

Really? What about the American Jobs Act that Obama is ready to sign that will repair the infrastructure and update the power grid? Those jobs are shovel ready and need to be done, and it would already have been started if the GOP didn't keep blocking it.

Really? What about the American Jobs Act that Obama is ready to sign that will repair the infrastructure and update the power grid? Those jobs are shovel ready and need to be done, and it would already have been started if the GOP didn't keep blocking it.

Shovel ready, like the Keystone XL pipeline?
In 2009, Obama approved and Hillary bragged about a very similar pipeline project - the Alberta Clipper. Read here...

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 didn't do squat to create new jobs or stimulate the economy. As for the Power Grid, I think that's up to utilities to upgrade- not the government.

In 2009, Obama approved and Hillary bragged about a very similar pipeline project - the Alberta Clipper. Read here...

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 didn't do squat to create new jobs or stimulate the economy. As for the Power Grid, I think that's up to utilities to upgrade- not the government.

I noticed you skipped right over repairing the infrastructure, especially in the form of roads and bridges that desperately need to be fixed.

I noticed you skipped right over repairing the infrastructure, especially in the form of roads and bridges that desperately need to be fixed.

That's the gubmit. Raise the gasoline tax by $1.00/gallon. It will generate billions and reduce consumption.

Roads and bridges are supposed to be repaired and improved with the money from our gasoline taxes. Politicians in my state (democrat) and many others have squandered that money and have gone to the federal trough for money to replace what they have wasted. We pay state and local taxes that are supposed to cover all of that infrastructure you speak of. Where is that money?

Last edited:

Seems to me that he allready had a program to do that. Remember that? Where, oh where did all of that money go? I don't see too many infrastructure projects from that 800 BILLION dollars...you?

So who stole that money?

Seems to me that he allready had a program to do that. Remember that? Where, oh where did all of that money go? I don't see too many infrastructure projects from that 800 BILLION dollars...you?

So who stole that money?

Actually, nobody stole it, the bill was blocked by the GOP, and money was never sent out.

Fracking is a Frelling Fantabulous Idea!

It creates jobs and lessens U.S. dependence upon oil sourced from people who hate us.

No wonder the moonbats oppose it.

Actually, if you check out the earthquakes that are 3.0 or less, you'll find that most of them are nowhere around fault lines.

However................................

They ARE around fracking wells.

Were there earthquakes at 3.0 or less not on fault lines before fracking was ever even thought of? If they have, then there are a great many possible reasons for the earthquakes that you must first consider before you immediately rush to your particular political gripe.

There are thousands upon thousands of 3.0 earthquakes every year. Furthermore, the damage from such an earthquake is exactly zero.

Once again, the liberal turds are making much adoo about nothing.

thats not true Bri.....it depends on where you live.....buildings fall in the third world.....we had one that was 3.5 a few years ago in Yorba Linda.....i work 10 miles from there.....it felt like a five pointer where i was at....all the Garage Doors on the houses shook pretty good and they were pretty noisy.....i was standing by my truck and was thrown into the side of it.....at the Epicenter there was minor damage.....

Yeah..............keep up the denial. Those cows shown in the link definitely DO NOT look healthy.

Shit...................some of the ranchers are scared to sell their cows because they are afraid of poisoning people who eat it.

Indeed, all pictures you see on the internets are real.

For example here I am on vacation holding hands with my girlfriend,

Octopus_large.jpg

They used anonymous sources, so no one can verify what they said,” said Steve Everley, of the industry lobby group Energy In Depth. The authors didn’t provide a scientific assessment of impacts -- testing what specific chemicals might do to cows that ingest them, for example -- so treating their findings as scientific, he continues, “is laughable at best, and dangerous for public debate at worst.” Bamberger and Oswald acknowledge this lack of scientific assessment and blame it on the dearth of funding for fracking research and on the industry’s use of nondisclosure agreements

Why would there be a "dearth of funding" for fracking research?

that getup looks kinda gay Sam.....

There are thousands upon thousands of 3.0 earthquakes every year. Furthermore, the damage from such an earthquake is exactly zero.

Since you have nothing intelligent to post (ever) please seek attention somewhere else.

What he posted is accurate. 3.0 quakes are so mild that you have to be particularly sensitive to detect them. It would take thousands of them to equal the energy of a single 7.0 quake.

In point of fact geologists have long thought of injecting water into strike slip faults to encourage lots of minor quakes thus releasing the energy so that a big quake doesn't occur.

what he said was wrong.....3.0 quakes can and have caused damage.....

Because if you do, I guess you're gonna have to go vegan (or, at least eat something other than beef), because apparently, it's not only lighting people's water on fire...
It's not lighting people's water on fire.

Gasland Producer Misled Viewers on Lighted Tap Water | Heartlander Magazine
In Gasland’s most poignant scene, a man in is filmed lighting his tap water on fire. The movie asserts that hydraulic fracturing (also known as fracking) has made this possible by contaminating nearby water sources. McAleer, however, discovered and proved residents in the man’s neighborhood have been able to light their water on fire since at least the 1930s, long before people began producing natural gas in the area. The gas mixing with groundwater appears to be a natural phenomenon.​

Were there earthquakes at 3.0 or less not on fault lines before fracking was ever even thought of? If they have, then there are a great many possible reasons for the earthquakes that you must first consider before you immediately rush to your particular political gripe.

Since you have nothing intelligent to post (ever) please seek attention somewhere else.
ATTENTION, lumpenproles:

Wry Catcher, in his self-appointed position as Intelligent Posting Czar, will review each and every post before publication. Therefore, in well-deserved respect of his obvious superiority, each of you will PM your proposed post to him for vetting. Genuflection is required.

What does "peer reviewed" mean actually? Is it just a saying or does it have real meaning? Do we ever hear about "peer (bad) reviews"? Of course not. What does the word "suggest" as in "suggest a link" mean? For us dumb non'scientists it seems to mean that the alleged "experts" don't have enough evidence to substantiate their theory but they are pressured by their fellow radicals to propose a theory that they can't back.

Forum List

Back