Still not lookin' good for Republicans

And what do you call the HATE OBAMA HERD
If you see anyone who hates Obama, feel free to point them out to me. I'm on record here many times saying I like the man, admiring what he's accomplished in his 47 short years.

But I don't worship him, as you and the rest of the mindless Obamaphiles do. Therefore I am able to think critically about his policies and have an even-handed view of their impact and their consequences.

Mindless followers such as yourself really don't care what he does, so long as you can bask in the aura of being an Obamaphile.

Everyone now can see I've struck a nerve in you, with this. Doth protest too loudly, mindless Obamaphile. :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol

If you see anyone who hates Obama, feel free to point them out to me. I'm on record here many times saying I like the man, admiring what he's accomplished in his 47 short years.

But I don't worship him, as you and the rest of the mindless Obamaphiles do. Therefore I am able to think critically about his policies and have an even-handed view of their impact and their consequences.

Mindless followers such as yourself really don't care what he does, so long as you can bask in the aura of being an Obamaphile.

Everyone now can see I've struck a nerve in you, with this. Doth protest too loudly, mindless Obamaphile. :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol

Bullshit. I love it when people finally realize they've lost an argument due to baseless nonsense, and then put an invitation out to search all their postings for proof "they" did or didn't say it. Yeah, like anyone wants to waste time doing that or even gives a shit, when it's obvious day in and day out that not a single so-called conservative posting here 'admires' Obama. Give...me...a...fucking...break.

What's truly ignorant, however, is to accuse someone of being a mindless Obamaphile cultist just because I voted for and continue to support the current President of the United States, along with around 50 million other people. That's some cult.

Maggie the Republicans and the Democrats in congress share the same approval rating, including margin of error. Without margin of error the republicans have a 3% higher approval rating in congress, right now.

So if things are looking bad for the Reps then they are looking similarly bad for the Dems.

Thats all I was saying before

I can't stand this.
We can tell. It has you ALL upset to be pegged so perfectly. Because like your cult leader, all of you Obamaphiles are a thin skinned lot! :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:

What I can't stand, fool, is the childish mentality of wasting adult time accusing me of being controlled by emotions simply because I used the word "faith."

Grow up. Actually, I always know I'm dealing with children (or 40-somethings going on nine) whenever I see one of their X-box type avatars trying to prove what "big bad tough guys" they are... :lol:

Maggie the Republicans and the Democrats in congress share the same approval rating, including margin of error. Without margin of error the republicans have a 3% higher approval rating in congress, right now.

So if things are looking bad for the Reps then they are looking similarly bad for the Dems.

Not true. Once again, here are all the polls measuring both:

Congress: Republicans

Congress: Democrats

Bullshit. I love it when people finally realize they've lost an argument due to baseless nonsense, and then put an invitation out to search all their postings for proof "they" did or didn't say it. Yeah, like anyone wants to waste time doing that or even gives a shit, when it's obvious day in and day out that not a single so-called conservative posting here 'admires' Obama. Give...me...a...fucking...break.
It is YOU who have "lost" the argument. Because you are willingly stupid, and know nothing of what you speak.
What's truly ignorant, however, is to accuse someone of being a mindless Obamaphile cultist just because I voted for and continue to support the current President of the United States, along with around 50 million other people. That's some cult.
I see, you're a mindless Obamaphile who can't even read. I never said anything like what you're asserting here. You are a mindless Obamaphile NOT because you support Obama, it's because you have GIVEN UP ALL CRITICAL THOUGHT in order to "support" him. But the correct word is "defend." You even LIE for him too, not unlike the Charlie Manson and David Koresh followers!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't stand this.
We can tell. It has you ALL upset to be pegged so perfectly. Because like your cult leader, all of you Obamaphiles are a thin skinned lot! :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:

What I can't stand, fool, is the childish mentality of wasting adult time accusing me of being controlled by emotions simply because I used the word "faith."

Grow up. Actually, I always know I'm dealing with children (or 40-somethings going on nine) whenever I see one of their X-box type avatars trying to prove what "big bad tough guys" they are... :lol:
You're all upset, while myself and others are laughing at you. I hope health care reform passes before my sides stop hurting!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When I want an honest opinion about something I just ask my local barber. He is always in the know with the latest scoop and his answers are just as accurate as any poll. For example I asked him how the following things measured up with his customers:

Obama - Everybody thinks Obama is a fuck wad except for Arnold. Arnold thinks Obama is a dirt bag.
Pelosi - Nobody he has talked to could stop laughing long enough to give an answer.
Reid - Quite possibly the most ignorant person in Washington besides Obama's Press Secretary.
Health Care Bill - Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Stimulus Bill - In favor of it. It allowed him to raise his prices more than a dollar. Haircut now is $12.
Minimum Wage Increase - Bad. Had to lay off the shoeshine guy, Walter. Could no longer afford him.
Democrats outlook for next election - Says they should start working on their resumes now.
Coke or Pepsi - Coke best with Jack Daniels. Pepsi best with a honey bun.

There you have it. This is what my barber thinks. So far, I've never known him to be wrong.

Not true. Once again, here are all the polls measuring both:

Congress: Republicans

Congress: Democrats

It all depends on what polling place we go to ;).

Either way BOTH parties are in the crapper as far as generic approval goes.

When I want an honest opinion about something I just ask my local barber. He is always in the know with the latest scoop and his answers are just as accurate as any poll. For example I asked him how the following things measured up with his customers:

Obama - Everybody thinks Obama is a fuck wad except for Arnold. Arnold thinks Obama is a dirt bag.
Pelosi - Nobody he has talked to could stop laughing long enough to give an answer.
Reid - Quite possibly the most ignorant person in Washington besides Obama's Press Secretary.
Health Care Bill - Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Stimulus Bill - In favor of it. It allowed him to raise his prices more than a dollar. Haircut now is $12.
Minimum Wage Increase - Bad. Had to lay off the shoeshine guy, Walter. Could no longer afford him.
Democrats outlook for next election - Says they should start working on their resumes now.
Coke or Pepsi - Coke best with Jack Daniels. Pepsi best with a honey bun.

There you have it. This is what my barber thinks. So far, I've never known him to be wrong.

Clever. What were his quips before the dems took over?

Does anyone here have a degree in statistics?

I took 4 classes in college, but i sucked at it :(.
:lol:

I have a tenuous grasp on the science and statistics behind polls and such. Key word: tenuous.

I just see people make claims about why they think a poll is wrong or bad or incorrectly analyzed, and I just wondered what their background is for making such statements.

Does anyone here have a degree in statistics?

I have a tenuous grasp on the science and statistics behind polls and such. Key word: tenuous.

I just see people make claims about why they think a poll is wrong or bad or incorrectly analyzed, and I just wondered what their background is for making such statements.

One thing I learned from all my stats classes was that you can basically use statistics to back up ANY argument you want as long as you know how to work the numbers in your favor.

Once you've learned statistics you dont take many polls too seriously. Just look at polls on health care....some say 70% of americans want the govt to do it and others say 70% of americans dont want the govt to do it.

It all matters how many people you poll, who you poll, where you poll, ect ect ect.

Good point Pilgram.

A friend of mine is a registered democrat (bless her heart) and during the primaries she was sent a questionaire and the questions were formed in such a way that it really didn't matter how she answered them, the result would favor the democratic party.

So I'd imagine that poll questions are worded in a similar fashion, depending on the results that are sought.

One thing I learned from all my stats classes was that you can basically use statistics to back up ANY argument you want as long as you know how to work the numbers in your favor.

Once you've learned statistics you dont take many polls too seriously. Just look at polls on health care....some say 70% of americans want the govt to do it and others say 70% of americans dont want the govt to do it.

It all matters how many people you poll, who you poll, where you poll, ect ect ect.

I disagree. The methodologies used by the major polling companies are well established and give good estimates of opinions about the questions asked at that particular time. If you poll people on simple issues they understand, you will get reliable results, but if you poll people on issues they don't understand, then how you phrase the question may have a large impact on the results or what they last heard about this issue they don't understand may also have a large impact on the results.

So if you ask people if they prefer red cars or blue cars, you will get definitive results and all the polls asking this question will look about the same. However, most people don't understand what the public option is or how it will effect the overall health insurance system in this country so how you ask the question and what they last heard on the issue will deeply influence their answers and polls will show different results depending on how the question is asked and on what they last heard about the public option before being polled.

If all the pollsters asked the same question, do you support a public option, those who were thinking of it in Obama's terms of providing competition to private insurance companies, giving consumers more choices, and keeping them "honest" would probably say, yes, but those who were thinking of it in terms of its critics, that it would receive government subsidies to keep it rates artificially low and thereby drive private insurance choices from the market would probably say, no. In addition, those who associated the public option with lower health care costs and more universal coverage would probably say, yes, but those who associated the public option with higher taxes and more debt would probably say, no. So other than people who loyally support one partisan position or another, on issues as complex as health care and as poorly defined as the public option, poll results will vary widely depending in large part on which side had most captured the news cycle during the poll.

Last edited:
Thats why you have to read how the questions are worded in each poll.

You also have to look at the demographics as they are polled. There was a thread in here claiming 67% of americans back govt run health care. When you look at the data within the poll you find 78% of respondants were registered democrats.

Some places like rasmussen, gallop, and for the most part zogby are pretty honest with how they poll.

Forum List

Back