Still No Terror Attack In The US

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Still No Terror Attack In The US since 9-11

The left is still blaming Pres Bush for Katrina, which was an act of God - yet will not give him credit for doing his job and protecting the US from terrorist attacks

Nobody blamed Bush for Katrina.

Gore: Bush to Blame for Katrina

Former Vice President Al Gore urged Americans on Friday to hold the Bush administration accountable for failing to adequately prepare for and respond to Hurricane Katrina.

"When the corpses of American citizens are floating in toxic flood waters five days after a hurricane struck, it is time not only to respond directly to the victims of the catastrophe, but to hold ... the leaders of our nation accountable," Gore told environmentalists at the Sierra Club's national convention.

"The warnings about global warming have been extremely clear for a long time. We are facing a global climate crisis, it is deepening. We are entering a period of consequences," Gore said.

Bush administration officials have said Katrina's damage could not have been anticipated, but Gore rejected that.

"What happened was not only knowable, it was known in advance, in great and painstaking detail. They did tabletop planning exercises. They identified exactly what the scientific evidence showed would take place," Gore said.

In his Sierra Club speech, the former senator from Tennessee didn't mention an act of mercy that he was personally involved in -- his help airlifting some 270 Katrina evacuees on two private charters from New Orleans to Tennessee on Sept. 3 and 4. He did that at the urging of a doctor who saved the life of his son years earlier.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/12/215525.shtml

Former Vice President Al Gore urged Americans on Friday to hold the Bush administration accountable for failing to adequately prepare for and respond to Hurricane Katrina.

Still nobody is blaming him for the hurricane which you've labeled "an act of God."

Another example of the nutjobs on the right twisting the facts!

"The warnings about global warming have been extremely clear for a long time. We are facing a global climate crisis, it is deepening. We are entering a period of consequences," Gore said.

Still no blaming of Bush.

You are not doing a very good job of defending your claim.

Anyway, I’ve gone over this before.

1. Bush is president.
2. There has not been a terrorist attack on US soil since 9-11.

The above are accepted as facts. One can’t logically conclude that because Bush is president there has not been another terrorist attack. If you wanted to make that claim, you could just as logically say that 9-11 occurred because Bush was president at that time.

1. Bush is president.

The above are accepted as facts. One can’t logically conclude that because Bush is president there has not been another terrorist attack. If you wanted to make that claim, you could just as logically say that 9-11 occurred because Bush was president at that time.

That's very true.

Also with the CIA reporting that Al Qaeda is just as strong as before 9-11 a terrorist attack could easily occur in the U.S. tomorrow. I doubt if RSR would be as willing to hand Bush the blame if that occured as he is willing to give him credit for the fact that there hasn't been another attack yet.

All that can be said from now on is that we haven't had another attack until we do. That's not much to brag about.

RSR is a living, breathing double standard!

Still No Terror Attack In The US since 9-11

The left is still blaming Pres Bush for Katrina, which was an act of God - yet will not give him credit for doing his job and protecting the US from terrorist attacks

Yep and the bobbly head thingy on the dash of my car has prevented meteors from striking it too ;)

I'm still waiting RSR.

Who blamed Bush for Hurricane Katrina?

I’m confident that he won’t give you a straight answer with any definitive link. He will make some general snide remark about liberals and then babble on about something else. Does anyone want to wager a bet?

1. Bush is president.

Funny...the terror attack we DID have happened on his watch. You blaming him for that? These people take their time.... they're patient.

Any idea, Tweddle Dum, how many years there were between the two WTC attacks? Let me refresh your memory. It was seven years.

oh...and no one blamed Bush for Katrina...just his incompetence in handling it.

Funny...the terror attack we DID have happened on his watch. You blaming him for that? These people take their time.... they're patient.

Read my post again. I am not blaming Bush for that. I am merely pointing out the faulty logic in concluding that because Bush is president, there has not been another terrorist attack on US soil.

Any idea, Tweddle Dum, how many years there were between the two WTC attacks? Let me refresh your memory. It was seven years.

Ad hominem attacks are not necessary. Please don’t stoop to name-calling. I did not call you names. So there were seven years between the two WTC attacks. What is your point in saying that?

That comment was totally off the subject. Anyway, to respond, I have yet to find anyone blame Bush for Katrina. I have found examples of people criticizing Bush for how the Federal government tired to handle it.

So Jillian, another democrat I considered 'reasonable', you think the governor and mayor are saved blameless, it's all Bush all the time?

Read my post again. I am not blaming Bush for that. I am merely pointing out the faulty logic in concluding that because Bush is president, there has not been another terrorist attack on US soil.

Ad hominem attacks are not necessary. Please don’t stoop to name-calling. I did not call you names. So there were seven years between the two WTC attacks. What is your point in saying that?

That comment was totally off the subject. Anyway, to respond, I have yet to find anyone blame Bush for Katrina. I have found examples of people criticizing Bush for how the Federal government tired to handle it.

That was directed at RSR's ignorance (he's Tweddle Dum). I linked the wrong post.

Apologies.

So Jillian, another democrat I considered 'reasonable', you think the governor and mayor are saved blameless, it's all Bush all the time?

Umm, do you really think it is a Mayors or a Governors job to stop federal terrorism crimes?

New Topics

Forum List

Back