Still Haunted

That didn't stop ANYBODY in WW2. Every single country involved targeted civilians. It's easy to be self-righteous from your comfy computer chair 70 years later when your side's casualty count isn't currently in the millions.
Again....since everybody is doing it, we can too.

You can't justify mass murder of innocents, so you resort to strawman tactics.
You are not in a war that's cost millions of lives. You have no idea what conditions were like then. Like I said, it's easy to be self-righteous from your comfy computer chair 70 years later.
Bullshit.

By your "logic"...since one is not alive at the time, one can't analyze and make conclusions on the actions taken by our leaders. Could you get more silly?
Put yourselves in their shoes. You have a secret weapon that can completely end the war against brutal people that have killed millions. They suicide bomb your ships, they torture captives, they kill innocents and soldiers alike, and THEY STARTED IT. You either risk millions of American casualties invading the mainland of Japan, all the while causing mass civilian casualties and bombing their cities because that was the norm for WW2; or you drop a bomb showing your superiority to end the war in one swift move. Oh wait, they are absolutely hell bent on killing as many Americans as they can before they're defeated so they still don't surrender after one bomb. So you drop 2. War over, we learn how bad nukes are, and Japan goes on to become one of the wealthiest and most important countries in the world.
You are uninformed.

The war was over long before the a-bombs dropped.

Truman dropped them because he was a racist and he wanted to impress the mass murderer Stalin.

You should stop reading the lies on the internet and go to a library near you and read real history books about this subject.
You are making a fool of yourself.

The Japanese are a great people, but in the 30's and 40's they were duped by warmongers into committing atrocities across China and the Philippines....

...and then Pearl Harbor. They wrote a check their asses couldn't cash. Japan could be ruling over swaths of China and the pacific right now, but they made the mistake of fucking with the red, white and blue.

Sorry America didn't want anymore of it's sons to die in the war the Japanese started. :cool:

My father was wounded on Utah beach. As a sailor of an LCI, after Germany surrendered he was sure he would be shipped off to the Pacific for the final push on Japan.

What happened there is tragic, yet it likely did save in overall deaths.
I use to believe that too...that the a-bombs saved American lives. It is bullshit and used to justify the incineration of innocent Japanese women, children, and old men. Logically there can be no justification for the cold blooded murder of innocents.

You like most Americans are uninformed on this issue.

I'm uninformed on the issue?

Let's see, Father wounded on Utah beach? Check

Uncle fought about everywhere in the Pacific. Check

A second uncle survived the Battaan death march. Check

I think I had some excellent teachers chump!

You can't make this chit up.

The Japanese are a great people, but in the 30's and 40's they were duped by warmongers into committing atrocities across China and the Philippines....

...and then Pearl Harbor. They wrote a check their asses couldn't cash. Japan could be ruling over swaths of China and the pacific right now, but they made the mistake of fucking with the red, white and blue.

Sorry America didn't want anymore of it's sons to die in the war the Japanese started. :cool:

My father was wounded on Utah beach. As a sailor of an LCI, after Germany surrendered he was sure he would be shipped off to the Pacific for the final push on Japan.

What happened there is tragic, yet it likely did save in overall deaths.
I use to believe that too...that the a-bombs saved American lives. It is bullshit and used to justify the incineration of innocent Japanese women, children, and old men. Logically there can be no justification for the cold blooded murder of innocents.

You like most Americans are uninformed on this issue.

I'm uninformed on the issue?

Let's see, Father wounded on Utah beach? Check

Uncle fought about everywhere in the Pacific. Check

A second uncle survived the Battaan death march. Check

I think I had some excellent teachers chump!

You can't make this chit up.
Illogical. Because family members served, you are informed. I think not.

My father and uncle served in Europe too...and I thought like you that the a-bombs saved them from an invasion of Japan and possible death....but then I got informed. My father was in southern France preparing for transit to Japan, when the war ended.

It is not anti-American to know the truth. You will find no one more pro-american than I.

Again....since everybody is doing it, we can too.

You can't justify mass murder of innocents, so you resort to strawman tactics.
You are not in a war that's cost millions of lives. You have no idea what conditions were like then. Like I said, it's easy to be self-righteous from your comfy computer chair 70 years later.
Bullshit.

By your "logic"...since one is not alive at the time, one can't analyze and make conclusions on the actions taken by our leaders. Could you get more silly?
Put yourselves in their shoes. You have a secret weapon that can completely end the war against brutal people that have killed millions. They suicide bomb your ships, they torture captives, they kill innocents and soldiers alike, and THEY STARTED IT. You either risk millions of American casualties invading the mainland of Japan, all the while causing mass civilian casualties and bombing their cities because that was the norm for WW2; or you drop a bomb showing your superiority to end the war in one swift move. Oh wait, they are absolutely hell bent on killing as many Americans as they can before they're defeated so they still don't surrender after one bomb. So you drop 2. War over, we learn how bad nukes are, and Japan goes on to become one of the wealthiest and most important countries in the world.
You are uninformed.

Truman dropped them because he was a racist and he wanted to impress the mass murderer Stalin.

You should stop reading the lies on the internet and go to a library near you and read real history books about this subject.
If you are man enough, read this one article. Then...if you can handle it, I will assign further reading for you to complete, but I doubt you are man enough.
Mises Daily Mises Institute

Bullshit.

You are uninformed.

If you are man enough, read this one article. Then...if you can handle it, I will assign further reading for you to complete, but I doubt you are man enough.

Well I hope I'm not because I'm female. :)

Of course Austria is going to want to rewrite the history of it.
These types are always preying on the gullible, when all they want is to make the horrors of the Nazi Regime and what the Japanese did, not as bad as they really were.
Too many are buying into this BS hook line and sinker.
Like I said you should read the diaries from the actual people who did survive those bombs. That is the actual truth right from the witnesses themselves. Not the blame America game.

Had the Japs developed a nuclear or atom bomb, make no mistake they would have used it on their enemies also...Japan should not have started something they couldn't finish...

If that is too much reading for you, try this short column that details the horrors and nearly all Americans don't about...if you can stomach it...

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance180.html

Well this article proves that he does not know his history very well, because it was not just all about bombing pearl harbor.
They used cutthroat trade practices to sell textiles and other light industrial goods in the East Asian and U.S. markets, severely undercutting British and European manufacturers. They also developed sources of raw materials and heavy industry in the colonies they established in Korea, Taiwan and Manchuria. Japan used high tariffs to limit imports of American and European industrial products.
The Japanese military faced a particular tactical problem in that certain critical raw materials — especially oil and rubber but lets just forget this little detail and what they did to get those items.
Americans were not the bad guys, the Japs and Nazi's were.

Had the Japs developed a nuclear or atom bomb, make no mistake they would have used it on their enemies also...Japan should not have started something they couldn't finish...
Stupid as usual. When Truman committed his war crimes Japan was defeated and had been trying to surrender. And again dummy, because they would nuke us does not justify nuking them.

If that is too much reading for you, try this short column that details the horrors and nearly all Americans don't about...if you can stomach it...

Well this article proves that he does not know his history very well, because it was not just all about bombing pearl harbor.
They used cutthroat trade practices to sell textiles and other light industrial goods in the East Asian and U.S. markets, severely undercutting British and European manufacturers. They also developed sources of raw materials and heavy industry in the colonies they established in Korea, Taiwan and Manchuria. Japan used high tariffs to limit imports of American and European industrial products.
The Japanese military faced a particular tactical problem in that certain critical raw materials — especially oil and rubber but lets just forget this little detail and what they did to get those items.
Yeah let's forget FDR deceitfully maneuvering Japan to strike first by denying raw materials oil and freezing they assets. Plus knowing they would strike Pearl days before it happened and not warning commanders there...then scapegoating them.
Americans are not the bad guys, but their leadership is...just like today.

Yeah let's forget FDR deceitfully maneuvering Japan to strike first by denying raw materials oil and freezing they assets. Plus knowing they would strike Pearl days before it happened and not warning commanders there...then scapegoating them.
They were warned over thirty days in advance of a possible attack, yet no one knew the exact date and time..

Bullshit.

You are uninformed.

Wrong sex..

They were warned over thirty days in advance of a possible attack, yet no one knew the exact date and time..
Stupid again...since we warned them it is okay to nuke woman and children...can't fix stupid.

Stupid again...since we warned them it is okay to nuke woman and children...can't fix stupid.

Those women and children who wrote about their experiences said that is was necessary because of the way the regime was.

Nuke or fire bombing we did it, it's called industrialized warfare...The war was horrendous as the show cause for man's inhumanity to man, yet we didn't attack Japan nor did we attack Germany, they made that decision....So all types of weaponry were used..so??

Nuke or fire bombing we did it, it's called industrialized warfare...The war was horrendous as the show cause for man's inhumanity to man, yet we didn't attack Japan nor did we attack Germany, they made that decision....So all types of weaponry were used..so??

I guess that they wanted Japan or Germany to win. :cuckoo:

70 years later and there are still survivors. Seems like something from a later era.

Hiroshima survivors Haunted 70 years on determined to remember Japan Today Japan News and Discussion
Next Friday we have a memorial service for one of my uncle's. He was in one of the first waves of Marines to hit the beach in Okinawa. And fought the whole campaign. For him, Hiroshima saved his life. Had they had to continue to invade the islands with the kind of loses that we sustained on Okinawa, it is not likely that he would have made it home. Hiroshima was terrible and neccessary.

Forum List

Back