Sticking A Knife In Obamacare

Trump is so stupid, he used Henry Kissinger as a prop to support his fight with Obamacare saying Kissinger doesn't want to see a 116% raise in his premiums. Only problem, Kissinger qualifies for Medicare and doesn't have to buy insurance through Obamacare. Plus doesn't he get health insurance through the government from being an ex-Secretary of State?
If he kept paying for FEHB he could still use it. If he let it lapse it is gone

If he did that, then that would be his fuck up then... and shouldn't be blamed on Obamacare.
But he still has Medicare

He is not eligible for Obamacare

From the sounds of the reporting, though he has been eligible for Medicare for almost 3 decades, he's not signed up for it.
Then it is his own choice
So he chose HeritageFoundationCare over Medicare and he's a posterboy for whining about HeritageFoundationCare?

The problem for Republicans is they have no exit strategy

What do they do with a crippled Obamacare? They have nothing to replace it with and are incapable of passing ANY healthcare plan

What do they intend to accomplish?

From a business standpoint, how does anyone think association plans or extending short-term medical policies will save anyone any money?

Let's examine short term: If he changes you can purchase up to a year (which some do now) short-term does not cover pre-ex, but you won't be responsible for the mandate. Second, when millions of individuals opt for short-term rates will go sky high on these policies.

Now the association plans I see this morning are not for an individual but rather a group of like small businesses. Hell, you have group insurance now for this and at least in my state the group rates have had very minimal rate increases the past two or 3 years and some have actually gone down a percent or two. Just don't see this working.

I don't see Trumps end game in this

What does he hope to accomplish?
- Make people suffer as the health exchanges fold?
- Bring Obamacare into a condition where it can't survive? Then what?

Obamacare folds, Republicans don't have a plan to replace it. They have already shown that. They are incapable of reaching agreement among themselves, let alone Democrats

Obamacare folds, the only option available is Medicare for all

If Trump does try to drown Obamacare through EO's you can bet your bottom dollar there will be injunctions placed on them as the case will be taken to the Supreme Court. The idea that he can undermine a law by cutting the legs out from under it by excising funds from it, will not go over well.

One question, do you pay for your insurance or does your employer, because evidently you don’t see what’s going on with Obable care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pay for my own insurance as a small business... I am a cancer survivor x2 and see very clearly what corruption is going on in the medical industry...How about you?

Well I hope you can afford coverage now, but I doubt it.

If Trump does try to drown Obamacare through EO's you can bet your bottom dollar there will be injunctions placed on them as the case will be taken to the Supreme Court. The idea that he can undermine a law by cutting the legs out from under it by excising funds from it, will not go over well.

One question, do you pay for your insurance or does your employer, because evidently you don’t see what’s going on with Obable care.

And you do?

I pay for my own insurance as a small business... I am a cancer survivor x2 and see very clearly what corruption is going on in the medical industry...How about you?

Trump is done. Now all the Republicans from red states that with citizens that didn't want to lose their insurance are going to catch the brunt of anger from their constituents because of what Trump did. So they will be forced to act against him or risk losing their seat in the next election.

Last edited:

Trump is done. Now all the Republicans from red states that didn't want to lose their insurance are going to catch the brunt of anger from their constituents because of what Trump did. So they will be forced to act against him or risk losing their seat in the next election.

Lets hope so.

I don't see Trumps end game in this

What does he hope to accomplish?
- Make people suffer as the health exchanges fold?
- Bring Obamacare into a condition where it can't survive? Then what?

Obamacare folds, Republicans don't have a plan to replace it. They have already shown that. They are incapable of reaching agreement among themselves, let alone Democrats

Obamacare folds, the only option available is Medicare for all

In a not so subtle way the end game is Medicare for all. Remember years ago he was all for some kind of single payer.

I can see some of these old time association plan CEO's jumping for joy today and counting their money. I bet some have a plan ready to go as soon as this EO goes through all the procedures. You know the old time ones you paid association dues, but it did get you some perks, like a 15% on hertz lol.

Trump is done. Now all the Republicans from red states that with citizens that didn't want to lose their insurance are going to catch the brunt of anger from their constituents because of what Trump did. So they will be forced to act against him or risk losing their seat in the next election.

Such a post is more hopeful than it is analytical.

1. There will be those who feel as you describe.
2. There will be people who will see this a good thing and will be more prone to support Trump.
3. How they net out in terms of support has not been shown.

What happens as exchanges start to fail and people begin to suffer?

They'll be a lot of whining from people who should have known better. They put government in charge of health care and, now that a miscreant is in charge of government, their health care is in jeopardy. Maybe a light bulb will come on. Maybe it won't.

Forum List

Back