Stick to Basics

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
If every politician and lawmaker would keep that in mind in their decision making we would all be better off.

Now I realize there are complex issues but if, as I said, they just would take a step back before "setting things in stone" and saying is this the best and simpliest way to get the job done, the nation and all of us would benefit.

Look at the complexity of trying to get anything gone in Congress and all the built tricks for creating gridlock.

Keep it simple.....

I remember Paul Ryan saying something along the lines (in working with Dems) that they acknowledged their differences but in order to get anything done they focused on what they agreed upon and used that as a starting point. That's just good old common sense if you ask me.

If every politician and lawmaker would keep that in mind in their decision making we would all be better off.

Now I realize there are complex issues but if, as I said, they just would take a step back before "setting things in stone" and saying is this the best and simpliest way to get the job done, the nation and all of us would benefit.

Look at the complexity of trying to get anything gone in Congress and all the built tricks for creating gridlock.

Keep it simple.....

Harry Reid intends to to that. I heard him crying about the philibuster yesterday. Said he wants to change the rules to put a stop to it.

Not good

Keep it simple.....

Harry Reid intends to to that. I heard him crying about the philibuster yesterday. Said he wants to change the rules to put a stop to it.

Not good

Harry Reid is a dangerous man.

• Banned
I remember Paul Ryan saying something along the lines (in working with Dems) that they acknowledged their differences but in order to get anything done they focused on what they agreed upon and used that as a starting point. That's just good old common sense if you ask me.

That's what I'm talking about. We as a nation have lost sight of "how" to get things done.

• Banned

Keep it simple.....

Not good

Harry Reid is a dangerous man.

If one wants to worry about a "dangerous" man keep an eye closely on the "head guy" and his "executive order pen".

The problem being that anytime they agree, it means less liberty and freedom of choice for the populace.

See: USAPATRIOT Act, NDAA, bailouts, smoking bans, ad nauseum.

Forum List

Back