Stick a fork in Obama

1. "On life support. Dead man walking. Down for the count. He’s toast. Stick a fork in him; he’s done. Pick your own metaphorical cliché as long as it acknowledges that this president is a goner.

2. If you need proof, consider Gallup’s recent assessment of the president’s job-approval numbers: “Only one elected president since Dwight D. Eisenhower, Jimmy Carter, had a lower 11th-quarter average than Obama.” And we all know what happened to Mr. Peanut.
3. Gallup brings the president’s lousy numbers to the bottom line by showing that Obama is losing to a generic Republican in its surveys, as well as in a head-to-head with the leading Republican, Mitt Romney.

4. The killer data point, in my view, is that the decline in Obama’s job approval has been so systematic and lockstep, declining in Gallup’s surveys by an average of about 3 points per quarter, never increasing outside the margin of error from one quarter to the next and staying below 50 percent since his fourth quarter in office. This means that most Americans have lingered over his failures for seven or more quarters, deepening and reinforcing their malaise about the man. Once you get into a groove like that, it’s hard to get out.

5. Right now, using Gallup’s numbers, 9 percent of registered Democrats defect to a generic Republican and 13 percent of Democrats vote for Mitt Romney. There is simply no way to formulate a minimum winning coalition scenario for Obama if more than 5 percent of Democrats defect.

6. Of course, the main hindrance to Obama’s reelection is the sorry state of the economy. I suspect the Obama strategy team checks with the Conference Board, the University of Michigan and Gallup hourly to see if their consumer confidence indicators show any signs of life. Nothing’s happening lately on that front, however. The fact is that the president’s men and women can’t move this rock.

7. ...like Cubs fans believing a World Series is possible next year, the Obama campaign planners maintain belief that recovery is within their grasp.

8. Once it’s clear that there is no reason to vote for Obama, his handlers will refocus on reasons to vote against the Republican. This is where the problems they face are myriad. When a candidate with high negatives starts attacking one with low negatives, the result is usually a boomerang."
Stick a fork in Obama

Bye..bye.....

I think that is interesting. From the git go he has made me think of Carter with LOTTSA behind the scenes hand wringing. And not knowing what to do or even where to start.

I think you might enjoy a trip down memory lane:

November 11, 2008
Historian Michael Beschloss was interviewed Monday on Don Imus’ radio show and he made the claim that President-elect Obama’s IQ is off the charts and that he is the smartest president we have ever had. Here is the meat of the conversation:
Quote:
Historian Michael Beschloss: Yeah. Even aside from the fact of electing the first African American President and whatever one’s partisan views this is a guy whose IQ is off the charts — I mean you cannot say that he is anything but a very serious and capable leader and — you know — You and I have talked about this for years …

Imus: Well. What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: … our system doesn’t allow those people to become President, those people meaning people THAT smart and THAT capable

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Pardon?

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Uh. I would say it’s probably - he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President.
You can find the full audio on the show here. WTKK - Imus In The Morning, 96.9 WTKK, Boston*-*Imus in the Morning guest: Michael Beschloss 11/10/08
You have to fast forward to about 13 minutes in to get the good stuff. So I’m thinking that I would like to know the historian’s IQ. I’m thinking that it’s somewhere around catatonic or idiot. Too much Kool-Aid. How can someone claim that an IQ is off the charts when they don’t even know what that person’s IQ is and for that matter, where the hell are Obama’s school records period? Did he even have good grades? Did he have good grades when he was snorting cocaine? He’s hiding all his transcripts in his bid to be transparent, so we’ll never know. And what is even more laughable - does this Beschloss guy even know the IQs of any of the presidents. You know that Reagan sure was an idiot. And how about that Jefferson guy, all he could do was write a Declaration of Independence. Washington sure was stupid, he was just a military genius. And Madison, don’t even get me started. Obama hasn’t done a damn thing yet and he is already a genius and I heard some poll today that has a 60%+ approval rating for him. Never mind that he only got 52% of the vote.
Obama Is Our Smartest President? | Freedom's Wings

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TptsP4ryido&feature=related]Obama Town Hall Julio's McDonalds Question - YouTube[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back