Steyn notes Democrats’ ‘extraordinary’ double standard on Allah, Christian God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beretta304, Oct 1, 2012.

1. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Obama carved out new territory for a U.S. president during that speech when he said, “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.”

“He also said, I believe, that the future belongs to those who empower women,” Steyn said of Obama, ”and the power belongs to those who invest in education.”

“It doesn’t quite add up to me, all this. It sounds like as if he’s saying the future belongs to gay, feminist Muslims. I wouldn’t like to take a bet on it, but I’d bet that he’s wrong on that. The fact is the president of the United States had no business saying that. If you happen to be a believer in Islam, Muhammad is your prophet. If you’re not, he’s just a bloke who died in the 7th Century and it should be permissible

"Imagine the uproar there would have been from the party that just a couple of weeks ago was actually booing God,” Steyn said. “You know, God got booed off stage at the Democratic National Convention. God got given the hook at the Democrat Vaudeville show. But Allah – apparently it’s a whole different game.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/28/s...tandard-on-allah-christian-god/#ixzz283lRbIip

Steyn notes Democrats’ ‘extraordinary’ double standard on Allah, Christian God | The Daily Caller

2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    obama will say anything that feels good. If placating muslims feels good, that's what he'll say.

3. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

And he'll say it in all 57 states. :razz:

4. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    All monotheists worship the same God.

5. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
  6. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet" is the same as saying 'The future must not belong to those who exercise free speech'

It's an eye-popping statement. To prove "slander", one must show damages. And to Steyn's point, how does one damage a guy who's "been dead for getting on for a millennium and a half"??

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,405
    Nope. Allah is the former Mesopotamian moon god with a makeover. Why do you think the crescent moon is the symbol of Islam?

8. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
    We understand why people take offense to this video because millions of our citizens are among them. I know there are some who ask why don't we just ban such a video. The answer is enshrined in our laws. Our Constitution protects the right to practice free speech.

Here in the United States, countless publications provoke offense. Like me, the majority of Americans are Christian, and yet we do not ban blasphemy against our most sacred beliefs. As president of our country, and commander in chief of our military, I accept that people are going to call me awful things every day, and I will always defend their right to do so.

Americans have fought and died around the globe to protect the right of all people to express their views -- even views that we profoundly disagree with. We do so not because we support hateful speech, but because our founders understood that without such protections, the capacity of each individual to express their own views and practice their own faith may be threatened.

Even Americans who take spoken words completely out of context too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1fce-071d-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_story_2.html

9. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,750
    Imagine a world where a message denouncing religious hatred and intolerance is spun into a message of hate and intolerance, this is the world of the conservative propaganda machine where up is down and fairness is an abomination.

10. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

Yeah...imagine that. :cool: