Steyn notes Democrats’ ‘extraordinary’ double standard on Allah, Christian God

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Obama carved out new territory for a U.S. president during that speech when he said, “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.”

“He also said, I believe, that the future belongs to those who empower women,” Steyn said of Obama, ”and the power belongs to those who invest in education.”

“It doesn’t quite add up to me, all this. It sounds like as if he’s saying the future belongs to gay, feminist Muslims. I wouldn’t like to take a bet on it, but I’d bet that he’s wrong on that. The fact is the president of the United States had no business saying that. If you happen to be a believer in Islam, Muhammad is your prophet. If you’re not, he’s just a bloke who died in the 7th Century and it should be permissible

"Imagine the uproar there would have been from the party that just a couple of weeks ago was actually booing God,” Steyn said. “You know, God got booed off stage at the Democratic National Convention. God got given the hook at the Democrat Vaudeville show. But Allah – apparently it’s a whole different game.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/28/s...tandard-on-allah-christian-god/#ixzz283lRbIip

Steyn notes Democrats’ ‘extraordinary’ double standard on Allah, Christian God | The Daily Caller

obama will say anything that feels good. If placating muslims feels good, that's what he'll say.

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet" is the same as saying 'The future must not belong to those who exercise free speech'

It's an eye-popping statement. To prove "slander", one must show damages. And to Steyn's point, how does one damage a guy who's "been dead for getting on for a millennium and a half"??

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet" is the same as saying 'The future must not belong to those who exercise free speech'

It's an eye-popping statement. To prove "slander", one must show damages. And to Steyn's point, how does one damage a guy who's "been dead for getting on for a millennium and a half"??

We understand why people take offense to this video because millions of our citizens are among them. I know there are some who ask why don't we just ban such a video. The answer is enshrined in our laws. Our Constitution protects the right to practice free speech.

Here in the United States, countless publications provoke offense. Like me, the majority of Americans are Christian, and yet we do not ban blasphemy against our most sacred beliefs. As president of our country, and commander in chief of our military, I accept that people are going to call me awful things every day, and I will always defend their right to do so.

Americans have fought and died around the globe to protect the right of all people to express their views -- even views that we profoundly disagree with. We do so not because we support hateful speech, but because our founders understood that without such protections, the capacity of each individual to express their own views and practice their own faith may be threatened.

Even Americans who take spoken words completely out of context too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1fce-071d-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_story_2.html

Imagine a world where a message denouncing religious hatred and intolerance is spun into a message of hate and intolerance, this is the world of the conservative propaganda machine where up is down and fairness is an abomination.

Imagine a world where a message denouncing religious hatred and intolerance is spun into a message of hate and intolerance, this is the world of the conservative propaganda machine where up is down and fairness is an abomination.

Yeah...imagine that. :cool:

“He also said, I believe, that the future belongs to those who empower women,” Steyn said of Obama, ”and the power belongs to those who invest in education.”

“It doesn’t quite add up to me, all this. It sounds like as if he’s saying the future belongs to gay, feminist Muslims."

So an empowered educated woman is gay, eh?

What a bizarre mindest of Steyn's is revealed in that statement! :lol:

It would be nice to imagine a world where conservatives refrained from trying to make the Muslim world erupt in bloody violence for fun, oh well, onward christian solders, your insulting videos and Muhammad cartoons await, maybe you will get your holy war after all.

“It doesn’t quite add up to me, all this. It sounds like as if he’s saying the future belongs to gay, feminist Muslims."

So an empowered educated woman is gay, eh?

What a bizarre mindest of Steyn's is revealed in that statement! :lol:

That's cute attributting it to me when it's an excerpt from the article, asshole!

It's obvious it is from the article. See bolded part.

FEMALE: I am the CEO of PepsiCo.

STEYN: Queer! Muslim!

It would be nice to imagine a world where conservatives refrained from trying to make the Muslim world erupt in bloody violence for fun, oh well, onward christian solders, your insulting videos and Muhammad cartoons await, maybe you will get your holy war after all.

Yeah conservatives made them murder an Ambassador and three others. Kool Aid?

Nobody made them do anything but fanning the flames of religious animosity after the fact as many did was exactly the wrong tone to take and it just boggles my mind when people such as yourself see attempts defuse the violence as weakness. Do you like seeing mobs of people in the streets and the middle east in flames? It certainly seems so when faced with such strife people such as yourself cannot even see the very christian act of peacemaking for what it is.

Nobody made them do anything but fanning the flames of religious animosity after the fact as many did was exactly the wrong tone to take and it just boggles my mind when people such as yourself see attempts defuse the violence as weakness. Do you like seeing mobs of people in the streets and the middle east in flames? It certainly seems so when faced with such strife people such as yourself cannot even see the very christian act of peacemaking for what it is.

Where did I say such a thing, boy blunder?

Did you not read the lousy article you posted? If you do not agree with stuff then don't post it.

Did you not read the lousy article you posted? If you do not agree with stuff then don't post it.

It doesn't mean that I have to agree with every word of it. Should I selectively edit it? I think not. Show me a post where I say defusing the violence is weakness or that I want to see the ME in flames.

STFU and stick your phony pseudo intellectual posting style up your ass.

Don't put words in my mouth, asshole.

Last edited:

Yes, I do like to see that. I hope they burn down every building in the Middle East.

Forum List

Back