Steyn, I Wouldn't Want HIM Mad At Me!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
The TELEGRAPH READ THE WHOLE DAM THING

John Kerry is too strange to be president. I don't mean "strange" in the way of his predecessor. Al Gore, the first Android-American to run for president, was weird. But Kerry's strangeness is of an entirely different order. . .

But with Kerry, even before any gaffes or scandals, the official narrative makes no sense. He's publicly opposed to the Vietnam War. But he volunteers for it. Then he comes back disgusted with his experience in war, publicly hurls his medals away (or someone else's: that story keeps changing), denounces his fellow veterans as war criminals, torturers and rapists, and claims that he personally committed atrocities.

But then he decides to run for president and suddenly Jane Fonda morphs into John Wayne and all those war criminals are war heroes he wants at every rally and he's got his medals back and his disgust at his wartime experience has mysteriously turned into pride in his wartime experience to the exclusion of all else.

If Steven Spielberg, Barbra Streisand or any of his other Hollywood supporters got a script like that, they'd send it to rewrite. Either that or they'd figure they'd got an early, rejected draft of the new Manchurian Candidate.

That's what people mean when they talk about how "complex" and "nuanced" Kerry is. They don't mean his positions on the great questions of the day are complex and nuanced.

Quite the contrary: for the purposes of this campaign, his entire political career – 20 years as Senator, Lieutenant-Governor to Michael Dukakis – has been dropped from his CV. If Kerry had exhibited the slightest trace of any interestingly complex view of any policy matter, you can be sure we'd have heard about it. But he hasn't.[/quote]

But then he decides to run for president and suddenly Jane Fonda morphs into John Wayne

That says it all! I think the Kerry campaign is gonna need some crutches. It is all catching up with him! :crutch:

KathianneThe TELEGRAPH READ THE WHOLE DAM THING[/SIZE said:
John Kerry is too strange to be president. I don't mean "strange" in the way of his predecessor. Al Gore, the first Android-American to run for president, was weird. But Kerry's strangeness is of an entirely different order. . .

I think kerry's momma had sex with a chameleon. It's the only plausible(?) explanation on how this guy can change his colors so adroitly. Wonder what old Lizard Lips will change into next.

My favorite:

"The unborn are certainly alive from the moment of conception. However, if they get between me and a vote - screw 'em!"

Forum List

Back