Stewart vs Colbert?

Which show do you like better

• Total voters
I was pretty much raised in NH.

Not to get too far off topic here, but how is it in NH living there? I visited last year during campaign season to do a little work for the Ron Paul grassroots campaign, but I'm wondering how it is to live there.

Not to get too far off topic here, but how is it in NH living there? I visited last year during campaign season to do a little work for the Ron Paul grassroots campaign, but I'm wondering how it is to live there.
Long winters. I really liked it, but the people talk funny. I couldn't live there full time, but if I had money, I'd buy a summer place somewhere around Franconia Notch. Or maybe in Vermont in the Green Mountains.

Stewart's style is too Warner Brothers' Loony Toons (which is great in cartoons but unbecoming in a live human) and mopey for me, the reporters' segments often have a high school improv feel, and the Daily Show has moved too far away from its spoof-of-network-news-shows roots. It's become just another partisan talking-point-launcher, only thinly veiled by "oh, it's just a comedy show" chintz. Most importantly, it just doesn't make me laugh out loud.

The Repor, on the other hand, is actually funny. Colbert has panache, his ballsy character is fun, and his satire is often clever, or at least dashing. I especially like The Word. Most importantly, it consistantly prompts several audible giggles/chuckles/laughs per episode.

Long winters. I really liked it, but the people talk funny. I couldn't live there full time, but if I had money, I'd buy a summer place somewhere around Franconia Notch. Or maybe in Vermont in the Green Mountains.

The tax free lifestyle is what I'd be chasing if I moved there. That, and the mountains.

As for the topic, I enjoy Stewart sometimes. Colbert is not quite as entertaining as he was with Stewart.

It's true that it's hard to decide btwn Stewart and Colbert; however, John Stewart wins based on the fact that there would be no Colbert Report w/o the Daily Show.

Forum List

Back