Stewart catches Fox with it's snout in the henhouse

Skeptik

Astute observer
Oct 19, 2008
The late great Bear Flag Republic
Yet another story about the "no spin" guys making it up as they go along.

Sean Hannity and his team did more than cover the event. They not only inflated the number in attendance with their words, but actually used footage from a heavily-attended protest this summer to make this health care rally appear more popular. Hannity even pointed out that this was a huge crowd for a Thursday, when the protest footage they used was from a Saturday.

Now, folks, you won't see this in the drive by media, at least not unless they start making up stories like Fox and the supermarket tabloids do.

Nothing to see here, really. There's the FOX never lies crew, and the crew who know not to trust anything at face value.

This is too easy to spin so it won't advance much for either side of the argument. Yes, they used old footage from an old rally, to make their new rally look like it had a bigger turn-out, but people make editing mistakes!

The Producer went to file/my documents/my videos/protest rallies and clicked one, forgetting to reference the date. No biggy.

Nothing to see here, really. There's the FOX never lies crew, and the crew who know not to trust anything at face value.

This is too easy to spin so it won't advance much for either side of the argument. Yes, they used old footage from an old rally, to make their new rally look like it had a bigger turn-out, but people make editing mistakes!

The Producer went to file/my documents/my videos/protest rallies and clicked one, forgetting to reference the date. No biggy.

You missed the "everything that I know is from TV and FOX always lies" crew. ;)

I love how the Republicans in this thread just shake their head and go "so what" at the obvious Fox News lies. However, if MSNBC did such a thing, they'd be on it faster than the speed of light.

I love how the Republicans in this thread just shake their head and go "so what" at the obvious Fox News lies. However, if MSNBC did such a thing, they'd be on it faster than the speed of light.

:lol: I fucking hate FOX News dude, you talking to me or KK?

lol The Republican(s).

:eusa_eh: I'm a Republican ... who has never voted for a Republican in my life ... hates all politicians ... and protests with liberals all the time ... wow? Who'd have thunk Reps could be so cool?

:eusa_eh: I'm a Republican ... who has never voted for a Republican in my life ... hates all politicians ... and protests with liberals all the time ... wow? Who'd have thunk Reps could be so cool?

You don't have to vote for Republicans or like politicians to be just shrugging this off.

Last edited:
Yet another story about the "no spin" guys making it up as they go along.

Sean Hannity and his team did more than cover the event. They not only inflated the number in attendance with their words, but actually used footage from a heavily-attended protest this summer to make this health care rally appear more popular. Hannity even pointed out that this was a huge crowd for a Thursday, when the protest footage they used was from a Saturday.

Now, folks, you won't see this in the drive by media, at least not unless they start making up stories like Fox and the supermarket tabloids do.

But, fox is fair and balanced...?

Why is it every time Fox lies, people always come back with .....they made a mistake.

Why is it they never make a mistake that makes them look bad, only mistakes in their favor.

Ever notice that?

You don't have to vote for Republicans or like politicians to be just shrugging this off.

:eusa_eh: So ... I'm a Republican because I believe in freedom of speech and the press? Wow? Maybe I do like Republicans better than Democrats now.

:eusa_eh: So ... I'm a Republican because I believe in freedom of speech and the press? Wow? Maybe I do like Republicans better than Democrats now.

Way to just totally take my point out of context. :thup:

I believe in freedom of speech and the press too. However, you seem to think it's alright when a news station like Fox lies. Because you know, if you even dare question a story you must be against freedom of speech and the press according to you.

GLBTNBC does misrepresentation, distortion and outright lies as their stock in trade. Not that the fact gives Fakes News a pass for their crappy reporting...Just sayin'.

Way to just totally take my point out of context. :thup:

I believe in freedom of speech and the press too. However, you seem to think it's alright when a news station like Fox lies. Because you know, if you even dare question a story you must be against freedom of speech and the press according to you.

So ... you are left with two choices:

1. Be intelligent and realize that nothing on TV is fact, do your own research for a change, and act like more than a monkey in front of a boobtube.

or

2. Edit content (going completely against freed speech and press) and force them to report only what you want to hear and see, remaining ignorant to all other possibilities and views and destroying all hope of being able to change your mind.

Which would you prefer?

Forum List

Back