Steve Nash headed to Lakers.

Kaman is not in his prime? What the hell is Ray Allen in, besides a nursing home? The guy could barely WALK during the playoffs this year. All Ray Allen could do was jack up three-pointers and limp back down the court.

How in the hell is Ray Allen going to keep up with the Miami Heat and their "run and gun" offense? With a Hemi-powered wheel chair?

Allen had bone spurs in his ankle. I don't know if you're familiar with that type of injury, but it's the type of injury that shuts most players down completely. He's presumably already gotten surgery and he'll be fine. He keeps himself in prime shape. Allen could probably play til he's well into his 40's. John Stockton was another guy like that; but he decided to call it quits to spend time with his family. However, to this day when he plays with the Gonzaga players they talk about how he dribbles circles around them.

Nash outplayed Ray Allen the past 3 years, look at the stats. He averaged 15 points and 11 assists at age 36-38. He hasn't slowed down.

Nash's most definitely slowed down. His scoring is down and his minutes are down and he often was not in at crunch time as the Suns were trying to make the playoffs last year. His ability to guard quick PGs which was never great to begin with is also not as good. I'll admit that it's impressive that he's still led the league in assists the last 3 years and that he's an asset, but I would be careful about over-rating him.

As for whether Allen is better than Nash, I don't know how that's supposed to be relevant? What I'll say about Allen is that he is still a clutch player and the Heat are lucky to have him b/c Wade and LBJ generally suck in the clutch frankly.

Allen had bone spurs in his ankle. I don't know if you're familiar with that type of injury, but it's the type of injury that shuts most players down completely. He's presumably already gotten surgery and he'll be fine. He keeps himself in prime shape. Allen could probably play til he's well into his 40's. John Stockton was another guy like that; but he decided to call it quits to spend time with his family. However, to this day when he plays with the Gonzaga players they talk about how he dribbles circles around them.

Nash outplayed Ray Allen the past 3 years, look at the stats. He averaged 15 points and 11 assists at age 36-38. He hasn't slowed down.

Nash's most definitely slowed down. His scoring is down and his minutes are down and he often was not in at crunch time as the Suns were trying to make the playoffs last year. His ability to guard quick PGs which was never great to begin with is also not as good. I'll admit that it's impressive that he's still led the league in assists the last 3 years and that he's an asset, but I would be careful about over-rating him.

As for whether Allen is better than Nash, I don't know how that's supposed to be relevant? What I'll say about Allen is that he is still a clutch player and the Heat are lucky to have him b/c Wade and LBJ generally suck in the clutch frankly.

Yet they beat Boston and won the title. The Suns weren't trying to make the playoffs. The fans wanted them to get rid of Nash last year and try for the lottery. His scoring was down because the rest of the team sucked and he was the only scoring threat, hence the tougher defense. Nash will fit great with the Lakers and Kobe will still average over 25 ppg on less shots. I've watched Nash for the 7 years I've lived in Phoenix and I think his passing and clutch shooting has improved.

Yet they beat Boston and won the title. The Suns weren't trying to make the playoffs. The fans wanted them to get rid of Nash last year and try for the lottery. His scoring was down because the rest of the team sucked and he was the only scoring threat, hence the tougher defense. Nash will fit great with the Lakers and Kobe will still average over 25 ppg on less shots. I've watched Nash for the 7 years I've lived in Phoenix and I think his passing and clutch shooting has improved.

Kobe would have to learn to move without the ball; something he has never really even attempted to do in his career. I don't see him doing it at his age and with his propensity for selfish play.

Forum List

Back