Steve Jobs says NO to anti-gay iTunes app

So the app is you answer some politically-biased questions, and get points for the "right" answers?

I was going to say how lame that is, but then I realized it's pretty much what goes on here. :lol:

It is his company, his rules. You don't have the right to preach in someone else's church about how evil they are.

For whatever reason, he felt that this was inappropriate for either his own personal tastes or just because it made bad business sense.

He won't allow the anti-gay app, but he will allow the Big Brother App:

But a new app for the iPhone has been condemned by critics who claim it is turning mobile users into a network of government spies.

The PatriotApp links your phone to American security and law enforcement agencies via the Internet and allows you to report anything you want at the touch of a button.

By simply pressing the relevant icon, users can sound the alarm for terrorism, ‘suspicious activity’, a health pandemic or an environmental safety issue.

The $0.99 app, named after the controversial Patriot Act brought in by the U.S. government after 9/11, is designed to ‘encourage active citizen participation in the War on Terror and in protecting their families and surrounding communities’, its makers Citizen Concepts claim.

But critics say it is like putting Big Brother in the palm of your hand and could easily be open to abuse by those with questionable agendas.

The Big Brother app: New iPhone download that lets you tell tales on your neighbours | Mail Online

Go figure.

Meh. They can do what they want. 1st Amendment doesn't apply here. People who like the move can vote with their wallets, as can people who do not.

I'm indifferent.

I support gay rights up to and including gay marriage.

I also support freedom of speech and association.

Declining the app isn't going to change my buying habits of course, but had they allowed it that wouldn't have changed them either.

Forum List

Back