Steve Gardner

britinusa

Aug 6, 2004
Lewistown, PA
Did anyone watch Scarborough Country last night? Probably not. I am one of the literally dozens of people who bothers to watch MSNBC. After Chris Matthews awful treatment of the lovely Michelle Malkin the other night, I think even I may stop tuning in.
Steve Gardner debated Kerry spokesman John Hurley. Hurley never served with Kerry; Gardner did. You saw a split screen with Gardner on the left, talking, and Hurley on the right shaking his head. At one point, Gardner said "You can stop shaking your head, buddy. I was there!" I can understand his frustration. Why does the Kerry campaign send guys like Hurley out to debate the SwiftVets? Why doesn't he send out one of the Band of Brothers who actually served with Gardner? What are they afraid of?
Hurley was a complete waste of time. All he wanted to talk about was the sinister Republicans backing the SwiftVets.

Instead of telling the truth, Democrats spin wonderful stories to create doubt in voters with these amazing conspiracy theories.

:wine: Also, is this Ted Kennedy's smiley face?
Sorry couldn't resist.

britinusa said:
Did anyone watch Scarborough Country last night? Probably not. I am one of the literally dozens of people who bothers to watch MSNBC. After Chris Matthews awful treatment of the lovely Michelle Malkin the other night, I think even I may stop tuning in.
Steve Gardner debated Kerry spokesman John Hurley. Hurley never served with Kerry; Gardner did. You saw a split screen with Gardner on the left, talking, and Hurley on the right shaking his head. At one point, Gardner said "You can stop shaking your head, buddy. I was there!" I can understand his frustration. Why does the Kerry campaign send guys like Hurley out to debate the SwiftVets? Why doesn't he send out one of the Band of Brothers who actually served with Gardner? What are they afraid of?
Hurley was a complete waste of time. All he wanted to talk about was the sinister Republicans backing the SwiftVets.

Never thought of that, why doesnt the Kerry camp send out guys that actually served with Kerry? I mean there have to be some of his band of brothers who would. heck some of them might also be able to give accounts of what they saw. but then they might end up agreeing so maybe its not the best idea.

britinusa said:

I happened to catch the show. I also saw Michelle Malkin get to finally talk about her book on Hannity and he also noted her spot on the Great One's radio show referring of course to her moronic treatment on Hardball in a roundabout way.

John Hurley is just like Chris Mathews: nothing but a fast talker full of empty rhetoric. These liberals have nothing to say directly in response to Steve Gardner's valid accusation. He's an eyewitness of the sampan incident as he was the gunner that shot the man and the boy. He showed Kerry's false report. I think he did a fine job presenting his case considering the bogus attacks against him.

I think any sane person watching the show can see the difference between the truth from Gardner and the hurl from Hurley. Unfortunately anybody watching such a show has already got their mind made up about the election as I've heard there are not many undecideds that watch cable shows like that.

You won't see Kerry's "band" out there defending him because they can't. We've already heard Rasmuns story and it is full of holes. It's evident the guy got "blown" off the boat because Kerry turned it so quickly in order to hightail it out of there. Rasmun couldn't see the bigger picture. If Kerry's star player can't hold water, I doubt the rest can.

All the liberals are doing is trying to change the subject: "it's a Republican smear job, it happened 35 years ago, Bush never went to war, etc."

Too bad the Dums didn't emphasize his anti-war stuff instead. It probably would have been the more honest and real Kerry...maybe... :smoke:

I caught it too. They kept trying to talk about Kerry's ribbons instead of what Gardner was brought there to talk about.

Kerry is going implode over this. I think that up until now, we have been overlooking or not truly acknowledging the impact this is having on his campaign.

The only problem i foresee of this is that the news is focusing solely on this item. Bush needs to keep hammering Kerry's atrocious Senate Record like he has been. Bush should just keep ignoring the Swift boat issue and taking the high road like he has been. Let the Dems destroy themselves with ridiculous accusations. Meanwhile continue to focus on the issues.

insein said:
The only problem i foresee of this is that the news is focusing solely on this item. Bush needs to keep hammering Kerry's atrocious Senate Record like he has been. Bush should just keep ignoring the Swift boat issue and taking the high road like he has been. Let the Dems destroy themselves with ridiculous accusations. Meanwhile continue to focus on the issues.

Actually, yesterday on CNN they had a townhall meeting with Tucker Eskew of the RNC and some guy from the Kerry campaign and that is exactly what Tucker was doing.

He dismissed the Swiftboat Vets and said that them, along with ALL 527's should be taken off the air just like Bush REQUESTED OF THE SEC MONTHS ago.

He then HAMMERED away at Kerry and he showed that the Bush campaign team is confident. He stated he can't wait for the debates cuz that is when Bush will be able to best expose Kerry for who he is (or in this case, ISN'T).

The townhall meeting was in Ohio and you could tell from the applause that the majority of the crowd was pro Bush. The guy from the Kerry campaign made a comment about how Kerry is the only CANDIDATE NOT running negative ads. The audiance about laughed him out of the place and started booing loudly. Actually, it does go to show you that moveon.org IS working with the Kerry campaign. They run the negative ads so he can say, "hey, I am not running negative ads".

It is all pretty f'd up in my opinion, but I am gaining more confidence every day that Bush is going to win!

Something else occurred to my last night. What have the Kerry people been saying about the SwiftVets? "None of them served on a boat with Kerry." And here we have Gardner (who served on PCF-44 under Kerry) debating.... who? A guy who not only didn't serve on a Boat with Kerry, but didn't even serve in Kerry's unit!

Forum List

Back