Steve Forbes Endorses Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son) for US Senate in Kentucky

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Steve Forbes Endorses Rand Paul for Senate - Forbes.com

Said Mr. Forbes, "I am proud to endorse Republican candidate Dr. Rand Paul for Senate.

"As someone who has run an outsider campaign myself, I know something about taking on the establishment. I see in Rand someone who can take the fight from the Tea Parties to the Senate, and help take back our government and our country from the out of control, tax and spend liberals.

"The American people need more than just another vote. They need a man of principle who will always stand up and fight. They need a citizen politician who will represent THEM.

"Rand Paul will do the work to fight for lower taxes and spending and for more freedom in Washington. He'll fight for a constitutional amendment to balance the budget and for term limits. He'll fight to give back more of our rights, not take more away.

"And then he'll go back home to Kentucky. I can't think of a better way to represent the people of Kentucky then to end the cycle of career politicians and pork barrel spending in Washington."

All I can say is WOW. This is probably the most significant endorsement that any non-establishment conservative candidate has gotten in a major race in recent memory.

This is the kind of thing that could help put Paul over the top to beat his opponent in the primary. He's already polling ahead of his opponent and the Democrats, so there's a HUGE possibility he could actually win this thing.

I'm beside myself right now, mainly because Forbes had a VERY similar, and just just as good a candidate, to endorse in NJ's gubernatorial primary back in the spring but instead chose to endorse the establishment candidate Chris Christie and attack the one I'm speaking of.

While this is definitely very weird to me, I'll TAKE IT! :lol:

This is going to be a very interesting race in Kentucky.

Steve Forbes Endorses Rand Paul for Senate - Forbes.com

Said Mr. Forbes, "I am proud to endorse Republican candidate Dr. Rand Paul for Senate.

"As someone who has run an outsider campaign myself, I know something about taking on the establishment. I see in Rand someone who can take the fight from the Tea Parties to the Senate, and help take back our government and our country from the out of control, tax and spend liberals.

"The American people need more than just another vote. They need a man of principle who will always stand up and fight. They need a citizen politician who will represent THEM.

"Rand Paul will do the work to fight for lower taxes and spending and for more freedom in Washington. He'll fight for a constitutional amendment to balance the budget and for term limits. He'll fight to give back more of our rights, not take more away.

"And then he'll go back home to Kentucky. I can't think of a better way to represent the people of Kentucky then to end the cycle of career politicians and pork barrel spending in Washington."
All I can say is WOW. This is probably the most significant endorsement that any non-establishment conservative candidate has gotten in a major race in recent memory.

This is the kind of thing that could help put Paul over the top to beat his opponent in the primary. He's already polling ahead of his opponent and the Democrats, so there's a HUGE possibility he could actually win this thing.

I'm beside myself right now, mainly because Forbes had a VERY similar, and just just as good a candidate, to endorse in NJ's gubernatorial primary back in the spring but instead chose to endorse the establishment candidate Chris Christie and attack the one I'm speaking of.

While this is definitely very weird to me, I'll TAKE IT! :lol:

This is going to be a very interesting race in Kentucky.

Perhaps Forbes sees a chance to get behind someone who might actually win this time.

Let's see. An endorsement from a very rich Yankee carries so much weight in Kentucky.

Don't be an idiot. It doesn't matter where the endorser is from. It's the name that matters.

Out of state support for state candidates is wrong somehow.
They should be limited to in state support.
Kind of an anti lobbyist thing I suppose.

Are you kidding me?

Are we REALLY going to have to argue the 1st amendment in this thread?

Are you kidding me?

speech is fine, but I do not consider any money as speech.

show me in the constitution where it says money is speech?

Are you kidding me?

So this endorsement just turned into a donation?

You seem confused.

This from the West Kentucky Star....

Steve Forbes endorsement is another major success in along list of achievements for the Paul campaign. Recent poll show Rand leading his primary opponent by a commanding 19 points. Rand Paul has raised over $1.75 million, including over $650,000 in the fourth quarter of 2009. Dr. Paul plans an active campaign in 2010 to continue to build support and win the primary this spring.

West Kentucky Star - News

Seems like the Forbes endorsement didn't hurt and only helps in this case.

You seem confused.

Endorsement do turn into donations.

How about we just keep the discussion to what ACTUALLY has happened so far. All Forbes did was mention his support for Paul.

If you find a link to Forbes donating to Paul and would like to debate the issue, make a thread about it.

I will likely vote against Paul in the primary. I like another republilican better.

And yes I am a registered Republican :)

Well you would have to be registered republican to vote in that primary. That goes without saying.

You seem confused.

How about we just keep the discussion to what ACTUALLY has happened so far. All Forbes did was mention his support for Paul.

If you find a link to Forbes donating to Paul and would like to debate the issue, make a thread about it.

You are very poor at understanding politics if you think that big name endorsements does not attract money.

You are very poor at understanding politics if you think that big name endorsements does not attract money.
Big name endorsements will no doubt "attract money". There's nothing wrong with that. Forbes' freedom of speech to say he supports Paul may very well cause others to want to throw their support to him as well, and donate money. There is nothing wrong with that. If there was, then why have a 1st amendment in the first place?

Make up your mind. Are you concerned that Forbes HIMSELF is donating to Paul, or that his endorsement may bring in more donation money from others?

Because being as how you're supporting the other candidate, it looks to me like you just have sour grapes that YOU didn't get the endorsement.

It's just an ENDORSEMENT. Someone said "I like Rand". That's only wrong to you because it hurts your candidate's chances just a little more.

My memo to the Kentucky GOP:

Please nominate Rand Paul.

Signed,
Me

I get your point, and Paul is polling higher than the dem candidates.

Food for thought.

Forum List

Back