Steroids?

doniston

Mar 6, 2007
Marian Jones, Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong,????? All accused of using Steroids. SO what? this is not like adictive Drugs, these are more like vitamins, and I see nothing criminal about them.

Ok, I can understand that she may lose her medals because of it, (but on that score, how about the participants in relay races, which got their metals because of her abilities.do they also lose their medals??)

Sure, a Wrestler on steroids, recently killed his family and himself, but I don't think that was because of steriod use. Do you??

Speaking of record breakers, Babe Ruth was commonly known to to take the field half Drunk, and still performed.

Now, my opinion is that it is perfectly well for Sports authorities to crack down on steroid use by their athletes, if they deem it of sufficient import, but it , IMHO, is NOT something that shoulkd be taken before Congress, or cause the recent drug sweep and rash of arrests based on the sale or use of Steroids.

before they do that they should crack down on the use of Nicotine, and wine, whiskey, beer, etc.

Marian Jones, Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong,????? All accused of using Steroids. SO what? this is not like adictive Drugs, these are more like vitamins, and I see nothing criminal about them.

Ok, I can understand that she may lose her medals because of it, (but on that score, how about the participants in relay races, which got their metals because of her abilities.do they also lose their medals??)

Sure, a Wrestler on steroids, recently killed his family and himself, but I don't think that was because of steriod use. Do you??

Speaking of record breakers, Babe Ruth was commonly known to to take the field half Drunk, and still performed.

Now, my opinion is that it is perfectly well for Sports authorities to crack down on steroid use by their athletes, if they deem it of sufficient import, but it , IMHO, is NOT something that shoulkd be taken before Congress, or cause the recent drug sweep and rash of arrests based on the sale or use of Steroids.

before they do that they should crack down on the use of Nicotine, and wine, whiskey, beer, etc.

You're missing the entire point. Anabolic steroids are illegal for use as a sports supplement. Since they have a REAL affect on performance, it gives the steroid user an unfair advantage he/she would otherwise not have over those who abide the law.

Nicotine and alcohol are not illegal, and neither are known as sports ehancers. Matter of fact, both are known to ADVERSLY affect sports performance. The comparison you are attempting to make is nonsensical.

You're missing the entire point. Anabolic steroids are illegal for use as a sports supplement. Since they have a REAL affect on performance, it gives the steroid user an unfair advantage he/she would otherwise not have over those who abide the law.

Nicotine and alcohol are not illegal, and neither are known as sports ehancers. Matter of fact, both are known to ADVERSLY affect sports performance. The comparison you are attempting to make is nonsensical.
Perhaps that is because you don't understand the comparison I was making. I agree with what you are saying, but I don't think it adds up to a "CRIMINAL" offense.

I am saying that if these are illegal, then so should Nicotine and alcohol be. these also have bad effects on a person.

it is strictly an offense to those interested in the outcome of such events. Not all of us are sports buffs. I couldn't care less who wins these events. YOU DO.

Perhaps that is because you don't understand the comparison I was making. I agree with what you are saying, but I don't think it adds up to a "CRIMINAL" offense.

I am saying that if these are illegal, then so should Nicotine and alcohol be. these also have bad effects on a person.

it is strictly an offense to those interested in the outcome of such events. Not all of us are sports buffs. I couldn't care less who wins these events. YOU DO.

Yes and no. It is illegal to use them. That makes it a criminal offense. Whether interested in the outcome of such events or not, it is a proven fact steroids give the user an unfair advantage. As long as they are illegal, and give the user an unfair advantage, then it is my opinion that using them for sports competition is wrong.

As far as just using them goes, I could care less. Problem is, most people who use them are very uneducated to their use and the possible effects of that use.

I don't buy off that steroid use itself is harmful. Steroid abuse is harmful, but what kind of abuse is not?

Yes and no. It is illegal to use them. That makes it a criminal offense. Whether interested in the outcome of such events or not, it is a proven fact steroids give the user an unfair advantage. As long as they are illegal, and give the user an unfair advantage, then it is my opinion that using them for sports competition is wrong.

Steroid abuse is harmful, but what kind of abuse is not?
If I was interested in the sports, I would agree, but I'm not, so I don't.

I am just saying that to me they should be no more illegal than Alky, or nicotine.

It doesn't require an interest in the sport to see the inequity.
But apparently in your opinion, it does. Tho all three are different issues, they all come together in whether they should be against the law. (At least IMO) All three create problems.

But apparently in your opinion, it does. Tho all three are different issues, they all come together in whether they should be against the law. (At least IMO) All three create problems.

Apparently IMO WHAT does? I pay very little attention to professional sports anymore.

I have educated myself on anabolic steroids, so I am merely stating a fact. Once was a time when I was encouraged to use them and instead, I did a lot of reading. I chose not to use them, but it wasn't a moral decision.

All I can say about "the three" is this: if you don't want to use them, don't. I think people should be free to name their own poison without some do-gooders who need to get jobs instead of worrying about what I'm doing, or the government telling me how to live.

Apparently IMO WHAT does? I pay very little attention to professional sports anymore.

I have educated myself on anabolic steroids, so I am merely stating a fact. Once was a time when I was encouraged to use them and instead, I did a lot of reading. I chose not to use them, but it wasn't a moral decision.

All I can say about "the three" is this: if you don't want to use them, don't. I think people should be free to name their own poison without some do-gooders who need to get jobs instead of worrying about what I'm doing, or the government telling me how to live.
Sorry, but of all the people on this form, I would have expected you to know that IMO is strictl IMHO without the humble.

As for the rest, you seem to be agreeing with me about the propriety of the situation, except emphasizing that it against the law. I agree that is true, But I don't think it should be (mirroring your statement) and if a person is playing that sport, and cannot agree. or perhaps join in-- TOUGH" If they can't take that particular fire. then they should get out of the Kitchen (that particular sport)

I'm totally for steroids. If I can strengthen my physical abilities while at the same time shrinking my ginormous dick and balls, I'm all for it. It's a win-win situation for me.

Forum List

Back