Stern interviews Obama 2012 series

The true question is really how many people they had to interview before they got these gems.

I was listening to this show when it aired, he even said that they went to the worst part of town.

They straight up said they sought out the dumbest people they could find. Similar to what other news stations did with the teaparty and the OWS movements.

That might work for Sterns broadcast. It doesn't work for the Zogby poll done in 08....

Then there was the zogby poll in 08 tat showed the same results........

512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points 97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates
Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions
57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
71.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).
And yet.....
Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes
Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter
And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.
Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

Media Malpractice Zogby Poll Results

The true question is really how many people they had to interview before they got these gems.

I was listening to this show when it aired, he even said that they went to the worst part of town.

They straight up said they sought out the dumbest people they could find. Similar to what other news stations did with the teaparty and the OWS movements.

That might work for Sterns broadcast. It doesn't work for the Zogby poll done in 08....

512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points 97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates
57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
71.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).
And yet.....
Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes
And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

But he refused to do the same poll with McCain voters. That tells you he had an agenda
Zogby won?t duplicate Obama poll - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com
Zogby won’t duplicate Obama poll

This week, Ziegler proposed to pay for a similar poll of McCain voters. But Zogby told Politico he will not do the poll the same way.

“I am happy to do a poll of both Obama voters and McCain voters, with questions that I formulated and sponsored either by an objective third party or by someone on the left, in tandem with a John Ziegler on the right — but poll questions that have my signature,” Zogby said.

“I believe there was value in the poll we did,” Zogby added. “I also believe it was not our finest hour. This slipped through the cracks. It came out critical only of Obama voters.”

Ziegler responded: "I am shocked by John's statement that he would do another poll but not an exact duplication. What is the point of that? Not their finest hour? This a was great poll. This didn't fall through any 'cracks,' they just got scared. ... The point of the poll was for my documentary on the media's impact on voter knowledge."

This a was great poll. This didn't fall through any 'cracks,' they just got scared. ... The point of the poll was for my documentary on the media's impact on voter knowledge.

And it showed the knowledge of Obama voters, I seriously doubt anything has changed. And to me it is scary that such uninformed simpletons will elect the President again........

I wish they would do the exact poll with McCain or now Romney voters. I would love to see the difference....

What, is he trying to get his cred back from the FCC, or from the right tight wing of the republican establishment that runs the librul press and grants / withholds contracts?

Stern challenges FCC chairman on air - CNN

Howard Stern got into a heated exchange with Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell during a radio call-in show Tuesday, with the shock jock saying the only reason Powell is in his position is because of his father, U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell.

"Let's face it. You got to the head of the FCC, you got to the front of the class the way George W. Bush got out of the draft -- and it's completely fair for me to question," Stern said.

He didn't get dinged by Powell until he started criticizing Bush and his policies. Must be tough to make your living as an outsider with such tight CONTROL amongst the communications conglomerates.

:eusa_whistle:

Love it. Just like Leno's Man on the Street and when Hannity sends his producer out in the street.

Love the second woman. Ryan is black, a Muslim and McCain will get 20% of the vote, the third guy says Romney is black. Obama is pro life..:lol:

Palin is running again...this is too good!

Not one of them knew bin Laden is dead. Then again neither do we..for sure. :D

Like I always say, "never underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter."

:clap2::clap2:---This is why I have always believed a TEST should be required before anyone is allowed to VOTE. Maybe someday that will happen. I liked the woman who stated that she liked Obama's V.P--Paul Ryan--and gave John McCain a 20% chance of winning in 2012. This is the same woman that didn't know Osama Bin Laden was dead.

Last edited:

Stern supports Obama. At least he is honest enough to send one fo his people out to the street to ask some questions.
I heard this live.
The answers from the people who stated they were going to vote for Obama were astoundingly stupid.....And frightening.

They didn't even know Osama bin Laden was dead. They didn't know who the candidates were--one woman thought Mitt Romney was black--and that Paul Ryan was Obama's running mate.

Love it. Just like Leno's Man on the Street and when Hannity sends his producer out in the street.

Love the second woman. Ryan is black, a Muslim and McCain will get 20% of the vote, the third guy says Romney is black. Obama is pro life..:lol:

Like I always say, "never underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter."

:clap2::clap2:---This is why I have always believed a TEST should be required before anyone is allowed to VOTE. Maybe someday that will happen. I liked the woman who stated that she liked Obama's V.P--Paul Ryan--and gave John McCain a 20% chance of winning in 2012. This is the same woman that didn't know Osama Bin Laden was dead.

Stunning.

What Is the Voting Rights Act of 1965?

The National Voting Rights Act of 1965 was a landmark piece of civil rights legislation in the US which outlawed literacy testing because the practice was being unfairly used to deny African-Americans their right to vote. Not only did the voting rights act of 1965 end literacy testing, it established an extraordinary regime of federal oversight of the election practices of those states with egregious violations of African-Americans' voting rights.

Stunning.

The National Voting Rights Act of 1965 was a landmark piece of civil rights legislation in the US which outlawed literacy testing because the practice was being unfairly used to deny African-Americans their right to vote. Not only did the voting rights act of 1965 end literacy testing, it established an extraordinary regime of federal oversight of the election practices of those states with egregious violations of African-Americans' voting rights.

Not literacy. A simple 5 question civics test.. Stuff EVERYONE learns in High School.
Example questions...
Who is the President of the United States?
What are the three branches of government called?
What is the name of your US House Member?
Name one of the two US Senators representing your state of residence.
What is the name of the First President of the United States?
What is the name of the Vice President?
What is the city where your state capital is located?
What is the name of the city where the US Capitol is located?
True of False..The US Supreme court hears cases on Constitutional matters.
What former US President appears on the One Dollar Bill?
The passing score is 3 correct of 5 questions.
If a person cannot pass this simple test, they should not be voting. Tough shit.
We cannot have people who live in a mental vacuum deciding the path of the federal government.

That is strong circumstantial evidence for where the mainstream media is placing most of its focus and what it is emphasizing don't you think?

No, it does not.

You are forgetting the most influential creation in the history of man.. The INTERNET. Most of these inaccurate quotes (On BOTH sides) are perpetuated on the internet not through the "mainstream" media.

This website is full of the shit, you have no idea how many right wing AOL spam/chain mail propaganda photos people post as though they are FACT.

So you are saying that it is the internet that made all those people that clueless? It is us rightwingers who are putting out massive information re Sarah Palin's wardrobe and Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter? All on the internet? And we aren't talking about Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden at all? Come on. Not even the most clueless liberal on USMB is that dense. (I hope.)

Stunning.

Not literacy. A simple 5 question civics test.. Stuff EVERYONE learns in High School.
Example questions...
If a person cannot pass this simple test, they should not be voting. Tough shit.
We cannot have people who live in a mental vacuum deciding the path of the federal government.

AND FUCK YOU RUNNING, it's illegal. ANYone who is registered to vote CAN vote. Suck on that a little while.

Stunning.

Example questions...

Those are some EASY questions.

This is exactly why Howard Stern can arguably call himself the king of all media. As a long time listener I can tell you;
His political views are not confined to left or right
His patriotism is unquestionable
He is a very intelligent man, and uses it to the public's benefit, by entertaining us.

I can also tell you this, and I have not been able to listen to howards show in over two months.
Howard and his staff are still using this to entertain us, he loves it when he can get something on the mainstream news. This may have a political bent to the it, but this is Howard, this is entertainment folks. I wouldn't be surprised if they find this messageboard and discuss this thread on the air, it's what they do. In Howard's world, entertainment flows both ways, the entertainer is as much amused as the entertainee.

Look folks, this is Howard Stern.....this is entertainment from the king of all media.

as an aside i saw barbera's post on pg 2attempting to either deflect from the op or to degrade howard, and am glad to see nobody bit on that stale old tactic.

Example questions...

AND FUCK YOU RUNNING, it's illegal. ANYone who is registered to vote CAN vote. Suck on that a little while.

Yep. That is true in some precincts. Even if you are registered as Karl Marx or Adolph Hitler or Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, you can vote.

Example questions...

Well now...That's quite a reaction. Typical liberal.
Tell me, what is it about a simple test of civics that makes you react like a sailor in a bar on the three day pass?
Oh, who says it's illegal?
The Voting Rights Act bans tests for literacy.
And suppose the really stupid people voted so that things didn't go your way?
I could call you all kinds of filthy things. But I won't.
Unless of course you want to get into a battle of insults in which case you'll be crying like a school girl when I get through with you.
Mind your place and we'll all be fine.

And yet.....

But he refused to do the same poll with McCain voters. That tells you he had an agenda
Zogby won?t duplicate Obama poll - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com
Zogby won’t duplicate Obama poll

This week, Ziegler proposed to pay for a similar poll of McCain voters. But Zogby told Politico he will not do the poll the same way.

“I am happy to do a poll of both Obama voters and McCain voters, with questions that I formulated and sponsored either by an objective third party or by someone on the left, in tandem with a John Ziegler on the right — but poll questions that have my signature,” Zogby said.

“I believe there was value in the poll we did,” Zogby added. “I also believe it was not our finest hour. This slipped through the cracks. It came out critical only of Obama voters.”

Ziegler responded: "I am shocked by John's statement that he would do another poll but not an exact duplication. What is the point of that? Not their finest hour? This a was great poll. This didn't fall through any 'cracks,' they just got scared. ... The point of the poll was for my documentary on the media's impact on voter knowledge."

Yeah I read about these statements. This was after Zogby was threatened by democrat operatives and their cohorts in the MSM.

That was funny..

Stern should do one of these on Howard Stern listeners

Forum List

Back