Stepping From Power Gracefully

Name a single establishment liberal who "supported" our enemy.
Easy.

John Murtha gave moral support to terroristsby lying about our Marines.

Code Pink?s Support for the Enemy

Heads Up... from Michael Moore | MichaelMoore.com
The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win.​

Ted Rall is full of praise for Iraqi terrorists.

Code Pink, Michael Moore and Ted Rall aren't "establishment" liberals. John Murtha is, but he was criticizing an incident where we killed 8 insurgents and 15 civilians, some of them women and children. This during a war we never should have been in.
I told you, pinhead, you don't get to move the goalposts.

I showed you liberals supporting our enemies.

You don't like it? Tough shit. But you don't get to claim it doesn't mean anything.

And Murtha was a liar.

FrontPage Magazine - Murtha Lied; Marines Were Tried (And Acquitted)

Maryland Conservatarian: Wait a minute - John Murtha Lied Again?

Now you tell me that Iraqi terrorists weren't encouraged and emboldened by Murtha's blind repetition of their press releases.

If you supported our nation's enemies, like so many on the left did, then yes, you were a traitor, or terrorist sympathizer, or un-American, or hated the troops.

Meanwhile, I've been called a traitor because I disagree with Obama, even though I'm not required to be loyal to Obama.

not supporting an unnecessary war is patriotic.
Supporting our nation's enemies is not.

who supported our enemies?

iraq never attacked us. iraq wasn't al queda.

so what are you talking about?

If you supported our nation's enemies, like so many on the left did, then yes, you were a traitor, or terrorist sympathizer, or un-American, or hated the troops.

Meanwhile, I've been called a traitor because I disagree with Obama, even though I'm not required to be loyal to Obama.

Getting 4000+ American troops killed for no good reason is about as unpatriotic as one can get,

made even more egregious from the fact that Bush held the power to do so. An abuse of power, an abuse of a nation's trust, an abuse of our nation's military, an abuse of the innocent people of another nation...

That is in fact about as unpatriotic as one can get.

Gore is the worst among this crew. The reason for his wealth was due to oil. Then, we he did not get his way, he through a tantrum and decided to go after oil. He made money trashing oil and "playing on the fears" of the global warming nutters. He was so concerned about Big Oil, he sold his Current TV network to Big Oil.

jimmy_carter.jpg
Al-Gores-global-warming1.jpg

There's something to be said for the politician who recognizes his time is over. His term of office is complete or the public has decided to go another way. I don't think Democrats consider this to be true. There's something to be said for stepping from power with grace and class but I don't think that message got threw to many on the left.

Jimmy Carter was a thorn in GWB's side and in the process has shown himself to be a classless fool. Al Gore is Jimmy Carter times ten. Bill Clinton has been taken in by the Bush family as a friend but that hasn't stopped him from criticizing Bush Jr on a regular basis. Former President Clinton surprisingly has shown more class than Carter and Gore combined even though he seems to be an active part of the current administration.

Contrast them with the way Reagan handled his retirement, or George H. W. Bush, or even George W. Bush. You never hear much about them or even Reagan when he was alive. You hear more of Reagan now that he's gone than you did before Alzheimer's took his memory from him. Romney hasn't been seen speaking in front of a camera since he lost the election.

Part of any great man's legacy is how he conducts himself once he leaves power. Once Obama finally leaves the White House I don't want to ever see his ugly mug ever again, but I'm afraid because he's an attention freak we'll never be rid of him. Why is this the case with Democrats and not Republicans? Why aren't Democrats more like George Washington, who retired to his home at Mount Vernon? Once he left office he left politics for good. Why can't they show some class and just leave?

To be honest, I believe the left feels politics is more important than the nation itself.
Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer's shortly after he left office. That's why we didn't hear from him.
We hear plenty from Cheney, however.

Nonsense.

Alzheimer's doesn't hit you all at once. The symptoms creep up on you over many years.

Reagan decided that his time was over and it was up to younger leaders to run the government.

And Cheney commented a few times but he did so grudgingly. If one Republican offers a peep to journalists the left feels vindicated, but my original assessment stands.

Gerald Ford conducted himself the same way. It's a tradition that Democrats continually break. Democrats act like they have to show up GOP presidents, acting like "See, I was right".

Sour grapes if you ask me.

http://politicaldemotivation.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/jimmy_carter.jpg[/IMG[IMGhttp://trendsupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Al-Gores-global-warming1.jpg[/IMG

There's something to be said for the politician who recognizes his time is over. His term of office is complete or the public has decided to go another way. I don't think Democrats consider this to be true. There's something to be said for stepping from power with grace and class but I don't think that message got threw to many on the left.

Jimmy Carter was a thorn in GWB's side and in the process has shown himself to be a classless fool. Al Gore is Jimmy Carter times ten. Bill Clinton has been taken in by the Bush family as a friend but that hasn't stopped him from criticizing Bush Jr on a regular basis. Former President Clinton surprisingly has shown more class than Carter and Gore combined even though he seems to be an active part of the current administration.

Contrast them with the way Reagan handled his retirement, or George H. W. Bush, or even George W. Bush. You never hear much about them or even Reagan when he was alive. You hear more of Reagan now that he's gone than you did before Alzheimer's took his memory from him. Romney hasn't been seen speaking in front of a camera since he lost the election.

Part of any great man's legacy is how he conducts himself once he leaves power. Once Obama finally leaves the White House I don't want to ever see his ugly mug ever again, but I'm afraid because he's an attention freak we'll never be rid of him. Why is this the case with Democrats and not Republicans? Why aren't Democrats more like George Washington, who retired to his home at Mount Vernon? Once he left office he left politics for good. Why can't they show some class and just leave?

To be honest, I believe the left feels politics is more important than the nation itself.[/quote]
Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer's shortly after he left office. That's why we didn't hear from him.
We hear plenty from Cheney, however.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense.

Alzheimer's doesn't hit you all at once. The symptoms creep up on you over many years.

Reagan decided that his time was over and it was up to younger leaders to run the government.

And Cheney commented a few times but he did so grudgingly. If one Republican offers a peep to journalists the left feels vindicated, but my original assessment stands.

Gerald Ford conducted himself the same way. It's a tradition that Democrats continually break. Democrats act like they have to show up GOP presidents, acting like "See, I was right".

Sour grapes if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

There is no such tradition.

Nixon ran for president and lost in 1960. Did he 'gracefully' get out of politics? No. He ran for president again.

Goldwater ran for president and lost in 1964. Did he 'gracefully' get out of politics? No. He went back to the Senate.

McCain ran for president and lost in 2008. Did he 'gracefully' get out of politics? No.
He went back to the Senate.

George Bush Sr. was Vice President for 8 years. Did he 'gracefully' then get out of politics? No. He ran for president.

Would you like me to go on?

Last edited:

Getting 4000+ American troops killed for no good reason is about as unpatriotic as one can get,

made even more egregious from the fact that Bush held the power to do so. An abuse of power, an abuse of a nation's trust, an abuse of our nation's military, an abuse of the innocent people of another nation...

That is in fact about as unpatriotic as one can get.
Liberal butthurt =/= unpatriotic

The idea that a president is for some reason supposed to disappear from politics after his tenure is over is an invention of the Right solely manufactured for the purpose of bashing Democrats.

It is also not at all historical. Several of the founders went on to do other stuff after serving in some of the highest offices of the land. And why not? If you have a desire to serve the nation, then serve.

who supported our enemies?

iraq never attacked us. iraq wasn't al queda.

so what are you talking about?

Oh, so the terrorists in Iraq were our allies?

I can tell you haven't given this any thought whatsoever.

How many terrorists were based in Iraq BEFORE we invaded the country?
Thousands.

Saddam's Terror Training Camps | The Weekly Standard

Terrorism Havens: Iraq - Council on Foreign Relations

Saddam running training camps for terrorists, say defectors - Telegraph

The idea that a president is for some reason supposed to disappear from politics after his tenure is over is an invention of the Right solely manufactured for the purpose of bashing Democrats.

It is also not at all historical. Several of the founders went on to do other stuff after serving in some of the highest offices of the land. And why not? If you have a desire to serve the nation, then serve.

So Obama is going to start serving once he leaves.

He sure as hell isn't now.

So Obama is going to start serving once he leaves.

He sure as hell isn't now.

*rimshot*

Forum List

Back