Stepping From Power Gracefully

Not true, it's because he has a lot of class, just like his son does.

that's not class, honey. it's him being poison b/c he was such a failure.

I met President Bush 41 when I was working the ramp at Continental, he came down to his waiting suburban with his wife and her dog. I grabbed his bags and was going to carry them to the truck but he took them from me and said "that's alright son, I can take them from here, you have other people's bags to worry about...thank you son."....... I also saw Speaker of the House Boehner get on a small Embraer that Continental Express was flying, heading to Philli, no entourage, just he and his assistant and 1 secret service man.
Contrast that with that imbecile Sheila Jackson Lee yelling in the concourse for a couple of people movers for her entourage of 7 tacky assed dimwits acting just as catty.
George W. Bush has raised millions for wounded veterans and has hosted golf tournaments and bike rides all around Texas and those guys and gals love him. They love him because he treats them as equals, doesn't coddle them no matter how horrific the injury and has become friends with them all. He had September 11th, 2001 to deal with in the infancy of his Presidency, Algore would have shit himself...... he spent too much money and let the Democrat party get away with too much but he was hardly a failure as President. Now go ahead and say the predictable bullshit about him.

Have you seen the video where he was first informed of the attack? I'm pretty sure he DID shit himself. And I'm not insulting Bush by saying that. Any human being in his position on that day probably would have done the same.

I met President Bush 41 when I was working the ramp at Continental, he came down to his waiting suburban with his wife and her dog. I grabbed his bags and was going to carry them to the truck but he took them from me and said "that's alright son, I can take them from here, you have other people's bags to worry about...thank you son."....... I also saw Speaker of the House Boehner get on a small Embraer that Continental Express was flying, heading to Philli, no entourage, just he and his assistant and 1 secret service man.
Contrast that with that imbecile Sheila Jackson Lee yelling in the concourse for a couple of people movers for her entourage of 7 tacky assed dimwits acting just as catty.
George W. Bush has raised millions for wounded veterans and has hosted golf tournaments and bike rides all around Texas and those guys and gals love him. They love him because he treats them as equals, doesn't coddle them no matter how horrific the injury and has become friends with them all. He had September 11th, 2001 to deal with in the infancy of his Presidency, Algore would have shit himself...... he spent too much money and let the Democrat party get away with too much but he was hardly a failure as President. Now go ahead and say the predictable bullshit about him.

Bush 2.0 came into office at a shitty time. No question about that. He also had to deal with things above his standing, things he had no idea how to handle. You know, kinda like Obama.

Bush came into office expecting to deal with maybe a small bubble bursting here and there. What he got was one disaster after another.

When you hear a leftist claim someone hates America, they mean that person disagrees with the leftist agenda.

They keep confusing the two.

The same can be said about people on the right as well. How many times were critics of the Iraq War and Patriot Act labeled as "unAmerican" or "unpatriotic" by the neocons?

True enough. But I saved those labels only for those who were actively rooting for our enemies.

I'm sure you agree that supporting our enemies is indeed unAmerican and unpatriotic.

Reminds me: The left claimed, during the Bush Admin, that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism".

Now, with Obama in office, it's sometimes labeled "treason".

I agree. Welcome to partisan politics. :cool:

When you hear a leftist claim someone hates America, they mean that person disagrees with the leftist agenda.

They keep confusing the two.

The same can be said about people on the right as well. How many times were critics of the Iraq War and Patriot Act labeled as "unAmerican" or "unpatriotic" by the neocons?

True enough. But I saved those labels only for those who were actively rooting for our enemies.

I'm sure you agree that supporting our enemies is indeed unAmerican and unpatriotic.

Reminds me: The left claimed, during the Bush Admin, that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism".

The right did the same thing, which is exactly why the left would state "dissent is the highest form of patriotism".

You really don't see this ebb and flow of US politics?

The right did the same thing, which is exactly why the left would state "dissent is the highest form of patriotism".

You really don't see this ebb and flow of US politics?
I'm against hypocrisy, no matter who commits it.

You?

Don't forget the power hungry guy who was elected in 1932 and died in office in 1945. FDR didn't have the decency to step down after two terms like a gentleman and forced the US to amend the Constitution to limit presidential terms. Let's hope the current dope doesn't try the same thing in 2016.

Yup, H.W. was alright. Incompetent, but a good guy. Maybe W. and Reagan too, but caused immeasurable harm to everyone but the greedy idiot rich. See sig pp1.

Carter was right (wanted more austerity), but unlucky- Teddy ruined him as much as Iran. His human rights campaign and non-chickenhawk diplomacy led to the rise of Gorbechev and the demise of the USSR more than Reagan's bluster, which almost brought back the hardliners.

Yup, H.W. was alright. Incompetent, but a good guy. Maybe W. and Reagan too, but caused immeasurable harm to everyone but the greedy idiot rich. See sig pp1.

Carter was right (wanted more austerity), but unlucky- Teddy ruined him as much as Iran. His human rights campaign and non-chickenhawk diplomacy led to the rise of Gorbechev and the demise of the USSR more than Reagan's bluster, which almost brought back the hardliners.

You won't even get many Left Wing (or Russian) historians to agree with your idiotic statements.

FDR's most indefensible act was defrauding the American public by concealing his illness in the 1944 Presidential election. He never actively governed in his fourth term and died six months after the election.

Last edited:
So, where does Dick Cheney fit in here? Didn't he -- along with his daughter, Liz -- criticize Obama's foreign policy repeatedly over his first term? During a time of war even. Republicans would usually call that unpatriotic. When a Republican is president, that is.

Here we have a legitimate topic about the proper public role of former Presidents and presidential candidates, and this is what you come up with? Dick Cheney (who has been undergoing serious medical treatment) and his daughter? Is there any topic that you Libtards can discuss honestly?

A) This is not a legitimate topic

B) If Al Gore is fair game, then Dick Cheney is definitely fair game

C) Cheney and his daughter did repeatedly criticize Obama's foregin policy during a time of war (something Republicans normally call unpatriotic). Do you call that graceful behavior?

So the only legit topic is about guns?

Al Gore ran for president dumb-ass.

Cheney has commented on the current administration but he never ran for president. Nether did his daughter. Cheney has for the most part kept his comments low-key and he hasn't accused Obama of treason or any other such hyperbole. Al Gore accused Bush of betraying the U.S.. Jimmy Carter has sided with Muslim terrorists against Bush with his support of Hamas. Hillary instead of leaving politics decided to put her name in the hat for Sec. of State and screwed that up royally. She has been a total disaster.

Last edited:
Here we have a legitimate topic about the proper public role of former Presidents and presidential candidates, and this is what you come up with? Dick Cheney (who has been undergoing serious medical treatment) and his daughter? Is there any topic that you Libtards can discuss honestly?

A) This is not a legitimate topic

B) If Al Gore is fair game, then Dick Cheney is definitely fair game

C) Cheney and his daughter did repeatedly criticize Obama's foregin policy during a time of war (something Republicans normally call unpatriotic). Do you call that graceful behavior?

So the only legit topic is about guns?

Al Gore ran for president dumb-ass.

Cheney has commented on the current administration but he never ran for president. Nether did his daughter. Cheney has for the most part kept his comments low-key and he hasn't accused Obama of treason or any other such hyperbole. Al Gore accused Bush of betraying the U.S.. Jimmy Carter has sided with Muslim terrorists against Bush with his support of Hamas. Hillary instead of leaving politics decided to put her name in the hat for Sec. of State and screwed that up royally. She has been a total disaster.

Who puts all these crazy ideas in your head?

[qu

You mean back when conservatives on a daily basis were calling me a traitor, or a terrorist sympathizer, or un-American, or hating the troops,

just because I opposed the Iraq War?

That Bush administration???

[qu

You mean back when conservatives on a daily basis were calling me a traitor, or a terrorist sympathizer, or un-American, or hating the troops,

Why were you against the Iraq War?

Why aren't you complaining about the war in Afghanistan 24/7 like you were complaining about Iraq?

Why is it your posts are mostly Bull Shit?

jimmy_carter.jpg
Al-Gores-global-warming1.jpg

There's something to be said for the politician who recognizes his time is over. His term of office is complete or the public has decided to go another way. I don't think Democrats consider this to be true. There's something to be said for stepping from power with grace and class but I don't think that message got threw to many on the left.

Jimmy Carter was a thorn in GWB's side and in the process has shown himself to be a classless fool. Al Gore is Jimmy Carter times ten. Bill Clinton has been taken in by the Bush family as a friend but that hasn't stopped him from criticizing Bush Jr on a regular basis. Former President Clinton surprisingly has shown more class than Carter and Gore combined even though he seems to be an active part of the current administration.

Contrast them with the way Reagan handled his retirement, or George H. W. Bush, or even George W. Bush. You never hear much about them or even Reagan when he was alive. You hear more of Reagan now that he's gone than you did before Alzheimer's took his memory from him. Romney hasn't been seen speaking in front of a camera since he lost the election.

Part of any great man's legacy is how he conducts himself once he leaves power. Once Obama finally leaves the White House I don't want to ever see his ugly mug ever again, but I'm afraid because he's an attention freak we'll never be rid of him. Why is this the case with Democrats and not Republicans? Why aren't Democrats more like George Washington, who retired to his home at Mount Vernon? Once he left office he left politics for good. Why can't they show some class and just leave?

To be honest, I believe the left feels politics is more important than the nation itself.

Don't we get a picture of Dick Cheney?

When did Cheney run for president?

He was the de-facto President 2001-2004, then W. became 'The Decider'...

[qu

Why aren't you complaining about the war in Afghanistan 24/7 like you were complaining about Iraq?

Because I supported the Afghan war at the time.

Rick Perry ran for president. Why is he still in politics? Ron Paul is still in politics. Mike Huckabee is on tv criticizing Obama every night. Why is John McCain in the Senate? Why is Michelle Bachmann still in Congress?

They all ran for president. According to the OP, if you've ever run for president, you have to get out of politics because if you don't you don't care about your country.

Well, why don't they?

Because I supported the Afghan war at the time.

Why do you support one war and not another?

Is Afghanistan a good war and Iraq was a bad war?

Seems to me we had the upper-hand in Iraq but now we don't have it in Afghanistan. We freed 25 million Iraqis from the oppression of a dictator worse than Mubarak, Qaddafi, or Assad. Why was invading Iraq terrible but Libya it's okay?

Rick Perry ran for president. Why is he still in politics? Ron Paul is still in politics. Mike Huckabee is on tv criticizing Obama every night. Why is John McCain in the Senate? Why is Michelle Bachmann still in Congress?

They all ran for president. According to the OP, if you've ever run for president, you have to get out of politics because if you don't you don't care about your country.

Well, why don't they?

Which one of the above was POTUS or even VP dumbass?

Forum List

Back