Stephen King Rant

Having read every word, just like me - where is the hypocrisy? If I'm thinking of what you're talking about, that was honesty.

Ok, so he's an honest hypocrite.

He thinks the rich SHOULD pay more, but makes no offer to do so.

He also makes no recommendations of how to enact it.
Just a rich blowhard with no real ideas.

I'm glad that he's charitable with his earnings. That's exactly what the 'right' contends....that charity should be voluntary, not mandated.

Still left his rantings empty, without an offer to ante up.

But he addressed that.

What charitable 1 percenters can’t do is assume responsibility—America’s national responsibilities: the care of its sick and its poor, the education of its young, the repair of its failing infrastructure, the repayment of its staggering war debts. Charity from the rich can’t fix global warming or lower the price of gasoline by one single red penny. That kind of salvation does not come from Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Ballmer saying, “OK, I’ll write a $2 million bonus check to the IRS.”

Who does he think CAN afford to "Assume responsibilty"?

yeah sure they'll pay more...their accountants will just find another write off for it..
and as if them paying more in taxes is going to help our Government STOP SPENDING or bring down OUR dept..

so again, IF Mr. King want to give more to the guberment, he can DONATE ALL his millions instead of trying to push taxes for everyone else.
Of course if we made it unprofitable for people to hire accountants to protect wealth by say.... lowering... the tax burden... I guess they'd pay their legal fair share too now wouldn't they?

Huh... fancy that. Think a flat tax on all sources of income and benefits should do the trick if set say at 10-15% with zero exemptions? I do.

Of course the federal spending problem would still have to be fixed. But that's just common sense talking.

I'm open to suggestions on our taxes...but Mr. King, Warran Buffet and others like them in my eyes are biggest damn hypocrites..

Last edited:
I read King's stuff almost religiously.
(hadn't heard of "Way Station", though......bookstore tomorrow :D )

Being a fan of his writing, I just HAD to read every page of the linked article.

When it was over and done, all I was LEFT with was his more-than-obvious hypocrisy.

He seemed to agree that he and his rich buds should pay more, but I didn't see him anteing up.

I'll still read his books.
His blogs? Not so much.
:cool:

he and his rich bros are saying tax us more and we will pay more.

The argument that they should just write an unrequested check to the government is a strawman and stupid.

Just like the new "outrage" over Scott Browns daughter is a strawman and stupid.

Scott Brown opposes ‘Obamacare’ policy that covers his daughter | The Raw Story

People follow the laws of the land. dont like the law...change it. Which Scott Brown is voting to do, and Stephen King is requesting ( two different laws mind you. )

The argument that they should just write an unrequested check to the government is a strawman and stupid.

why?

He seemed to agree that he and his rich buds should pay more, but I didn't see him anteing up.

Why do we hear this so often from rw's?

Why are they so anxious to spend other people's money for them while protecting the 1%? Why do they believe some should volunteer to support those who don't pay their fair share?

What incredible hypocrisy.

What ever happened to the America I grew up in? We've had this failed policy on giving to the rich and taking from the poor for more than 25 years.

When will the rw's understand the simple fact that it has not and will never do what Reagan said it would?

More than 25 years and I want to know -

Where are the jobs?

How come Obama has been able to produce more than 4 million jobs while the Republicans have not been able to produce even one?

What have the R's done?

Nothing.

Ok, so he's an honest hypocrite.

He thinks the rich SHOULD pay more, but makes no offer to do so.

He also makes no recommendations of how to enact it.
Just a rich blowhard with no real ideas.

I'm glad that he's charitable with his earnings. That's exactly what the 'right' contends....that charity should be voluntary, not mandated.

Still left his rantings empty, without an offer to ante up.

But he addressed that.

What charitable 1 percenters can’t do is assume responsibility—America’s national responsibilities: the care of its sick and its poor, the education of its young, the repair of its failing infrastructure, the repayment of its staggering war debts. Charity from the rich can’t fix global warming or lower the price of gasoline by one single red penny. That kind of salvation does not come from Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Ballmer saying, “OK, I’ll write a $2 million bonus check to the IRS.”
And why not, then?

becasue like most folks with sense, he realizes (though won't admit it), he doesn't give his money direct to the gov. because hes feels its wasted and is not addressing the issues HE wants addressed, we all feel basically same....

I would have no issue with the bush cuts expiring if I had any trust left that the gov. would then STOP borrowing, live within its means and address the deficit, but they won't , so in effect we feel the same Stephen and I, screw them, give direct, BUT I don't beat up on folks in a display of unadulterated hypocrisy, he does.

yeah sure they'll pay more...their accountants will just find another write off for it..
and as if them paying more in taxes is going to help our Government STOP SPENDING or bring down OUR dept..

so again, IF Mr. King want to give more to the guberment, he can DONATE ALL his millions instead of trying to push taxes for everyone else.
Of course if we made it unprofitable for people to hire accountants to protect wealth by say.... lowering... the tax burden... I guess they'd pay their legal fair share too now wouldn't they?

Huh... fancy that. Think a flat tax on all sources of income and benefits should do the trick if set say at 10-15% with zero exemptions? I do.

Of course the federal spending problem would still have to be fixed. But that's just common sense talking.

I'm open to suggestions on our taxes...but Mr. King, Warran Buffet and others like them in my eyes are biggest damn hypocrites..

Your avatar lies with every single post and apparently you just love pub/bag liars, so why would you understand men of integrity and honesty?

Your avatar lies with every single post and apparently you just love pub/bag liars, so why would you understand men of integrity and honesty?

Your avatar lies with every single post and apparently you just love dem/bag liars, so why would you understand men of integrity and honesty?

I would have no issue with the bush cuts expiring if I had any trust left that the gov. would then STOP borrowing, live within its means and address the deficit...

And yet rw's say one does not have anything to do with the other.

n a way, they're right but they still don't get it - The simple fact that all should pay their fair share, not just the poor, the middle class, the working class but ALL.

Now that we have tried giving the ultra rich extra breaks for more than 25 years and now that we know that all that has accomplished is to give them more money, its time to play fair again.

Your avatar lies with every single post and apparently you just love dem/bag liars, so why would you understand men of integrity and honesty?

Really?

EXACTLY what is dishonest about my avatar? John Boehner DOES protect the 1% while screwing the rest of us. That's FACT. So how is my avatar dishonest?

And, please, do stick to facts. :eusa_whistle:

Thanks.

I would have no issue with the bush cuts expiring if I had any trust left that the gov. would then STOP borrowing, live within its means and address the deficit...[/q, even if I agreed to the tax the rich crap, thats all you'd see. uote]

n a way, they're right but they still don't get it - The simple fact that all should pay their fair share, not just the poor, the middle class, the working class but ALL.

Now that we have tried giving the ultra rich extra breaks for more than 25 years and now that we know that all that has accomplished is to give them more money, its time to play fair again.

they are, what you fail to realize is, you've been duped, approx. 5 billion a year, thats all the buffet rule would yield, its a slight of hand and you've fallen for it.

I would have no issue with the bush cuts expiring if I had any trust left that the gov. would then STOP borrowing, live within its means and address the deficit...[/q, even if I agreed to the tax the rich crap, thats all you'd see. uote]

they are, what you fail to realize is, you've been duped, approx. 5 billion a year, thats all the buffet rule would yield, its a slight of hand and you've fallen for it.

THAT is your answer?

You accused me of lying with my avatar.

Answer the question please.

Thank you.

I'll address your ridiculous post in a separate post.

If this were about a dollar amount, the pubs would not be yammering about the relatively small amount they would gain by closing Planned Parenthood or taking funding from NPR.

Perhaps you can answer why it is that the pubs say they must save money at the expense of the poor or women while they have no interest in gaining money with FAIR taxation?

It really pisses me off that the GObP/pubs/bags/rw's all give lip service to being loyal to our Constitution while being more than willing to inflict taxation without representation on us peons.

In a word, you are HYPOCRITES.

THAT is your answer?

You accused me of lying with my avatar.

Answer the question please.

Thank you.

I'll address your ridiculous post in a separate post.

thats not what I quoted...I see you're easily distracted, as I thought....

If this were about a dollar amount, the pubs would not be yammering about the relatively small amount they would gain by closing Planned Parenthood or taking funding from NPR.

Perhaps you can answer why it is that the pubs say they must save money at the expense of the poor or women while they have no interest in gaining money with FAIR taxation?

It really pisses me off that the GObP/pubs/bags/rw's all give lip service to being loyal to our Constitution while being more than willing to inflict taxation without representation on us peons.

In a word, you are HYPOCRITES.

go read the OP again, theres your hypocrite.....run along now, theres grass that needs eating.
sheep.gif

I read King's stuff almost religiously.
(hadn't heard of "Way Station", though......bookstore tomorrow :D )

Being a fan of his writing, I just HAD to read every page of the linked article.

When it was over and done, all I was LEFT with was his more-than-obvious hypocrisy.

I'll still read his books.
His blogs? Not so much.
:cool:

he and his rich bros are saying tax us more and we will pay more.

Just like the new "outrage" over Scott Browns daughter is a strawman and stupid.

Scott Brown opposes ‘Obamacare’ policy that covers his daughter | The Raw Story

People follow the laws of the land. dont like the law...change it. Which Scott Brown is voting to do, and Stephen King is requesting ( two different laws mind you. )

why?

For the same reason the lefts argument that Scott Brown is a hypocrite for insuring his daughter under Obamacare provisions is a strawman and stupid.

Its based on the fallacy that if one disagrees with the law, one should ignore it.

Instead both Scott Brown and Stephen King are doing the opposite, they are calling for change.

Disagree with either of their viewpoint all we want, but to say Send in a check! is as stupid as telling Scott Brown to leave his daughter uninsured.

Forum List

Back