Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

Hawking words seem to be a long series of coincidences

So do God's miracles really. I'm not an Atheist, I was raised Catholic and have been a believer but I've never proven to myself that God really exists.

I've never had anything happen in any different way because I prayed it would. If anyone has proof God was there managing the creation of the universe or humankind, let's hear it.

Until then Hawking has been right about a lot more things than those here calling him stupid and senile. :lol:

Is nothing sacred?

So do God's miracles really. I'm not an Atheist, I was raised Catholic and have been a believer but I've never proven to myself that God really exists.

I've never had anything happen in any different way because I prayed it would. If anyone has proof God was there managing the creation of the universe or humankind, let's hear it.

Until then Hawking has been right about a lot more things than those here calling him stupid and senile. :lol:

Is nothing sacred?

If those who call him stupid had one thousandth of the brainpower of Hawking, they themselves would be above average brilliant. Clearly that's not the case. :lol:

Is nothing sacred?

If those who call him stupid had one thousandth of the brainpower of Hawking, they themselves would be above average brilliant. Clearly that's not the case. :lol:

I tell ya, it gets hard to take sometimes around here.

Is nothing sacred?

It appears this conflicts with earlier writings so he may have had doubts!

In his 1988 bestseller, A Brief History of Time, Prof Hawking appeared to accept the role of God in the creation of the Universe.

"If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason - for then we should know the mind of God," he said.
BBC News - Stephen Hawking: God did not create Universe

Is nothing sacred?

I tell ya, it gets hard to take sometimes around here.

It looks like all you've done is string together a series of coincidences.

Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe - CNN.com

Let the echo chamber begin. I can't wait to read the comments of CrusaderFrank, Si modo, Stephanie, and all the others who will argue Hawking knows nothing, and Glen Beck's word is the word of god.

"Spontaneous creation is the reason why there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," he writes in the excerpt.

"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper [fuse] and set the universe going," he writes.

--

why didn't you mention the Grand Design or quote about it?

sigh

did you want to start a Flame thread? I can help, but we are in the wrong area

Forum List

Back