Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

Wasn’t trying to put words In your mouth. My bad, that shit is worse then lying.Point is, guns are obviously used solely for killing. And from the fist gun ever made to what we have now, every single gun ever made was designed to kill other people.

EVEN the AR15. But it is no more deadly then a Remington 700 in any caliber. It just ain’t.

Any gun will kill. Some are just more suited to killing as many as possible in as short a time as possible than others. Our military decided that the AR15/M16 format was the most effective for that. I trust their judgement.

Yet you don't ever define what it is about that format that the military favors.

Why don't you ask them? They chose it as the goto military weapon. I trust their judgement.

You've been saying they chose it because it was the best at killing the most people, but you really don't know why they chose it, do you?

I know lots of reasons why they did. The fact that they did is all that matters. If you disagree with their choice, I suggest you contact them.

What reasons?

cars accidentally kill more people than rifles or all guns.......they kill more children than guns do every single day......

Incorrect barrel stroker

Gun Deaths Have Now Surpassed Motor Vehicle Deaths In 21 States (And Counting)

Just wanted to remind you per our agreement that if General Kelly is still on the job in three days that you are to take a one month sabbatical from this forum. Have you any plans for the month of March?

Well Dale - the day has come. Just Googled John Kelly and it's touch and go, but he made it past midnight So I'm out for two weeks my friend as we compromised. Thanks for being a gentleman and see y'all on the 15th.

Assuming of course, Trump doesn't have us into an international incident of some sort and gets trigger happy :wink: After all, with Hope gone and Little Jared on the sidelines, he's liable to blow his top. And if Kelly goes (with my luck today or tomorrow ;-) LOOK OUT.

Now - it would appear that JK is warring with Ivanka .. pissed of course that he kneecapped the hubby - But that's not all - and wait, there's MORE! .....

White House chief of staff John Kelly is growing increasingly frustrated with Ivanka Trump, CNN reported Tuesday.

The frustration comes on the heels of the first daughter's part diplomatic, part ceremonial trip to South Korea, where she met with South Korean President Moon Jae In and led the US delegation into Sunday's closing ceremony marking the end of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

In private conversations with other White House officials, Kelly has reportedly criticized Ivanka's shifting roles of presidential adviser and first daughter, and accused her of "playing government" when it suits her, per the CNN report.

Kelly was also reportedly one of a number of senior officials who felt uncomfortable with the decision to send Ivanka to South Korea, suggesting that Ivanka's presence trivialized the tension between the US and North Korea.​

It is your decision being that I wasn't interested in "collecting" as it were..... and no one could give you any flack about it. You can change your mind any time you wish. Good on ya.

I'm cheating a bit this morning due to that delicious post about "red lights for gun free zones" by Owl - out shortly! :)

I am just saying that your exile is self-imposed because I wiped the ledger clean and only I could do that....no one else can give you any shit....the deal was between us.

There is more that makes that platform better suited for combat than auto fire. An M16 used in semi mode still a military assault weapon, and essentially identical to an AR15.

But the fact that the M16 CAN fire full auto makes it a different rifle. Period. When Eugene Stoner designed the rifle for military use, it was designed as a selective fire rifle. Producing one, even if identical in every other way, that is only capable of semi-auto fire makes it a different rifle.

Is a M16 less of a weapon in semi mode? Only an idiot would only use auto mode and run out of ammo that quickly.

All Semi Auto weapons function the same way as the AR-15 which is why you are so desperate to establish the precedent of banning AR-15s.....if you can ban the AR-15 for how it fires......there is no argument against banning all other semi auto weapons.....your dream come true...........

And yet the Supreme Court protects these weapons with decision after decision........and you guys ignore them every single time...

No no Bullfrog has told us that the AR 15 can fire 45 rounds per minute and that if you did that with any other commercially available .223 the barrel would melt so that's why the AR 15 is the most dangerous rifle ever

Then Bullfrog needs to be on ignore with the other ignorant trolls.
And miss out on the constant source of entertainment?

There is more that makes that platform better suited for combat than auto fire. An M16 used in semi mode still a military assault weapon, and essentially identical to an AR15.

But the fact that the M16 CAN fire full auto makes it a different rifle. Period. When Eugene Stoner designed the rifle for military use, it was designed as a selective fire rifle. Producing one, even if identical in every other way, that is only capable of semi-auto fire makes it a different rifle.

Is a M16 less of a weapon in semi mode? Only an idiot would only use auto mode and run out of ammo that quickly.

All Semi Auto weapons function the same way as the AR-15 which is why you are so desperate to establish the precedent of banning AR-15s.....if you can ban the AR-15 for how it fires......there is no argument against banning all other semi auto weapons.....your dream come true...........

And yet the Supreme Court protects these weapons with decision after decision........and you guys ignore them every single time...

No no Bullfrog has told us that the AR 15 can fire 45 rounds per minute and that if you did that with any other commercially available .223 the barrel would melt so that's why the AR 15 is the most dangerous rifle ever

Not surprising that you would misrepresent what I said. You are a gun nut after all.

No misrepresentation at all you have been harping on the 45 rounds a minute and melting gun barrels

You even deny that ALL semiautos fire one round per trigger pull

Who was it who claimed the AR could fire 800 rounds a minute? That was one huge laugh in these recent threads.

Here's an AR15 doing 600 rpm with a bump stock. The gun is capable of exactly the same as an M16. 750 to 900.

Boy...you really are stupid...one magazine...and then you multiplied......it won't fire 600 rounds before it malfunctions...moron, so it won't fire 600 rounds per minute...you are such a doofus...

With 30 round magazines, it would require 20 magazine changes to do 600 rounds......at 2-3 seconds a change you are not even getting close to the 600 rounds in an actual, real world setting....if you can even do it in a controlled environment.....you are such a doofus....

Yes.That's how rate of fire works.

only on paper

it would be impossible to fire any rifle 600 times a minute in the real world

but you have never shot a semiautomatic rifle so you wouldn't know that

Crowder nails it....

He demonstrates the rate of fire with a .357 lever action rifle.....he shows a semi auto shotgun....
The anti gunners want them too....

Charles Whitman didn't have an AR-15. He used an M-1 carbine. People give the AR-15 too much credit.

So why did the US military pick the fully auto version of the AR to be their goto combat weapon? The AR and the M16 are identical other than the full auto capability. ARs weren't even built until the M16 patent ran out.

AR-15 was the prototype to the M-16. The AR-15 didn't have a forward assist assembly and the Army wouldn't buy it. A forward assist assembly was added, the Army bought it and the AR-15 was re-designated M-16 because Army weapons have an M preceding the number. I was issued one of the first M-16s in July 1965.

Bottom line, the AR15 is the same design as an M16 with the multiple fire disabled. The US military chose that design as it's goto combat weapon. If it's just like any other semiauto, why did the military pick that particular design over any other simiauto?

The military wanted a full auto weapon which was later changed to 3 round bursts to save ammo. The M-16A1 was full auto. The M-16A2 had a different hand grip and used to be full-auto but was changed to only fire 3 round bursts or single round semi-auto.

Colt-M16A1-A2-Barrel-large3.png

Crowder nails it....

He demonstrates the rate of fire with a .357 lever action rifle.....he shows a semi auto shotgun....
The anti gunners want them too....

Charles Whitman didn't have an AR-15. He used an M-1 carbine. People give the AR-15 too much credit.

So why did the US military pick the fully auto version of the AR to be their goto combat weapon? The AR and the M16 are identical other than the full auto capability. ARs weren't even built until the M16 patent ran out.

AR-15 was the prototype to the M-16. The AR-15 didn't have a forward assist assembly and the Army wouldn't buy it. A forward assist assembly was added, the Army bought it and the AR-15 was re-designated M-16 because Army weapons have an M preceding the number. I was issued one of the first M-16s in July 1965.

I used to drag around the M-16 and it was a jamamatic with the slightest grain of sand on the bolt. Gunny used to say all you now son is a 7.5 pound club

-Geaux

I could have sworn there was a gun forum here but don't see it now. If its right under my nose and I missed it, my apologies, and if mods want to move this fine.

In the wake of the horrendous accusations made against the Florida shooting survivors, that they're crisis actors and how that conspiracy started. Also been reading about Sandy Hook, particularly about Emilie Parker's death and the proven lies that she's still alive.

Anyway - about AR15s - Its obvious that they have only one purpose. Imagine being the parent or family member of AR15 murders.

Why the AR-15 Is So Lethal

Nearly a century before American troops were ordered into Vietnam, weapons designers had made a discovery in the science of “wound ballistics.” The discovery was that a small, fast-traveling bullet often did a great deal more damage than a larger round when fired into human or (for the experiments) animal flesh [Google dogs, goats, pigs, hung in slings and shot at.] . A large artillery round might pass straight through a human body, but a small bullet could act like a gouge. During the early stages of the congressional hearing, [Representative Richard] Ichord asked Eugene Stoner, the designer of the original version of the M-16, to explain the apparent paradox of a small bullet’s destructive power. The answer emerged in the following grisly exchange.

“ICHORD: One army boy told me that he had shot a Vietcong near the eye with an M-14 [which uses a substantially heavier bullet] and the bullet did not make too large a hole on exit, but he shot a Vietcong under similar circumstances in the same place with an M-16 and his whole head was reduced to pulp. This would not appear to make sense. You have greater velocity but the bullet is lighter.”

“STONER: There is the advantage that a small or light bullet has over a heavy one when it comes to wound ballistics. … What it amounts to is the fact that bullets are stabilized to fly through the air, and not through water, or a body, which is approximately the same density as the water. And they are stable as long as they are in the air. When they hit something, they immediately go unstable. … If you are talking about .30-caliber [like a bullet used in the Army’s previous M-14], this might remain stable through a human body. … While a little bullet, being it has a low mass, it senses an instability situation faster and reacts much faster. … this is what makes a little bullet pay off so much in wound ballistics.”

AND
What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns

In a typical handgun injury, which I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ such as the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, gray bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the mass-shooting victims from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, and was bleeding extensively. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim. Nothing was left to repair—and utterly, devastatingly, nothing could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal.

A year ago, when a gunman opened fire at the Fort Lauderdale airport with a 9 mm semiautomatic handgun, hitting 11 people in 90 seconds, I was also on call. It was not until I had diagnosed the third of the six victims who were transported to the trauma center that I realized something out of the ordinary must have happened. The gunshot wounds were the same low-velocity handgun injuries that I diagnose every day; only their rapid succession set them apart. And all six of the victims who arrived at the hospital that day survived.

I could have sworn there was a gun forum here but don't see it now. If its right under my nose and I missed it, my apologies, and if mods want to move this fine.

In the wake of the horrendous accusations made against the Florida shooting survivors, that they're crisis actors and how that conspiracy started. Also been reading about Sandy Hook, particularly about Emilie Parker's death and the proven lies that she's still alive.

Anyway - about AR15s - Its obvious that they have only one purpose. Imagine being the parent or family member of AR15 murders.

Nearly a century before American troops were ordered into Vietnam, weapons designers had made a discovery in the science of “wound ballistics.” The discovery was that a small, fast-traveling bullet often did a great deal more damage than a larger round when fired into human or (for the experiments) animal flesh [Google dogs, goats, pigs, hung in slings and shot at.] . A large artillery round might pass straight through a human body, but a small bullet could act like a gouge. During the early stages of the congressional hearing, [Representative Richard] Ichord asked Eugene Stoner, the designer of the original version of the M-16, to explain the apparent paradox of a small bullet’s destructive power. The answer emerged in the following grisly exchange.

“ICHORD: One army boy told me that he had shot a Vietcong near the eye with an M-14 [which uses a substantially heavier bullet] and the bullet did not make too large a hole on exit, but he shot a Vietcong under similar circumstances in the same place with an M-16 and his whole head was reduced to pulp. This would not appear to make sense. You have greater velocity but the bullet is lighter.”

“STONER: There is the advantage that a small or light bullet has over a heavy one when it comes to wound ballistics. … What it amounts to is the fact that bullets are stabilized to fly through the air, and not through water, or a body, which is approximately the same density as the water. And they are stable as long as they are in the air. When they hit something, they immediately go unstable. … If you are talking about .30-caliber [like a bullet used in the Army’s previous M-14], this might remain stable through a human body. … While a little bullet, being it has a low mass, it senses an instability situation faster and reacts much faster. … this is what makes a little bullet pay off so much in wound ballistics.”

AND

In a typical handgun injury, which I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ such as the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, gray bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the mass-shooting victims from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, and was bleeding extensively. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim. Nothing was left to repair—and utterly, devastatingly, nothing could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal.

A year ago, when a gunman opened fire at the Fort Lauderdale airport with a 9 mm semiautomatic handgun, hitting 11 people in 90 seconds, I was also on call. It was not until I had diagnosed the third of the six victims who were transported to the trauma center that I realized something out of the ordinary must have happened. The gunshot wounds were the same low-velocity handgun injuries that I diagnose every day; only their rapid succession set them apart. And all six of the victims who arrived at the hospital that day survived.
Anyway - about AR15s - Its obvious that they have only one purpose.

Really?

and what purpose is that?

My husband has two...neither of them has killed anyone, they have however helped him bond with his children, rid our area of a few coyotes and really other than that they are well behaved AR 15s.

AND

Not lethal enough, moron. That's why the U.S. military is developing a new cartridge with larger caliber. Don't meddle with shit you have no idea about.

AND

Really?

Read the posts.

My husband has two...neither of them has killed anyone, they have however helped him bond with his children, rid our area of a few coyotes and really other than that they are well behaved AR 15s.

So he's a lousy shot too.

bump to find it in the listings.

Anyone have a clue what this is about?

AND

Really?

Read the posts.

bump to find it in the listings.

I have

Anyone have a clue what this is about?
Really?

Can you answer the question?

AND

Moron....any rifle at close range is going to do more damage.....moron.......and he killed 17 people with that rifle....the Virginia Tech shooter killed 32 with 2 pistols.....

AND

Really?

Read the posts.

?

What are you trolling about now, Lugnut? You really are an annoying asshole

Forum List

Back