Stephen Colbert Calls Laura Ingraham A Racist Who Can't Write

It is Conservative women or just women in general that make you feel so threatened?

"After graduating from Dartmouth College, Laura worked as a speechwriter in the final two years of the Reagan Administration at the White House, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Education. She went on to graduate from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she was Notes Editor of the Law Review. She served as a law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and Ralph K. Winter on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. After clerking, Laura worked as a white-collar criminal defense attorney for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom. Laura launched "The Laura Ingraham Show" in 2001.

In addition to hosting her own syndicated radio program, Laura is an author, frequent columnist, and television commentator. Her book The Hillary Trap, first released in June 2000, was recently re-released in an updated paperback version. Her second book, Shut Up & Sing: How the Elites in Hollywood, Politics...and the UN are Subverting America is a bestseller. Ingraham's most recent book, Power to the People, was released on September 11, 2007, and topped Amazon's bestseller list on September 14.+

Laura Ingraham, whom Bert considers a "moron"

So because Colbert rightfully attacks someone who wrote a horrible book, you start attacking me by accusing me of hating women and then bringing up Laura's education like it means something. You call Obama a moron on here daily and he went to Harvard and graduated. He lead the Harvard Law Review or whatever it is.

You're being a hypocrite of the highest order.

Laura actually did her own work to get her education, Obama never did.

Are you accusing Obama of plagiarism? Its bad enough you think both his books were ghost written and the fact you're a birther. Frank, you've become so deluded that you no longer know the difference between reality and fiction. Take a step back.

Hey Mod, you do get that the book is supposed to be a collection of writings by other people, right? This could explain Colbert's comment.

Hjmick, he's clearly mocking her throughout the entire interview. Do you honestly believe he wasn't?

No, I have no doubt that he was. But this doesn't change the fact that the book itself is supposed to represent the writings of others, not Ingraham's. She had to purposely change her writing style to achieve the desired effect. This being the case, to call it poorly written really means nothing to Ingraham, unless maybe to take it as a compliment because such a statement means she achieved her goal. Certainly it is no insult to her, regardless of Colbert's intentions.

This thread is hilarious because she's a moron, not because she's a woman.

It is Conservative women or just women in general that make you feel so threatened?

"After graduating from Dartmouth College, Laura worked as a speechwriter in the final two years of the Reagan Administration at the White House, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Education. She went on to graduate from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she was Notes Editor of the Law Review. She served as a law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and Ralph K. Winter on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. After clerking, Laura worked as a white-collar criminal defense attorney for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom. Laura launched "The Laura Ingraham Show" in 2001.

In addition to hosting her own syndicated radio program, Laura is an author, frequent columnist, and television commentator. Her book The Hillary Trap, first released in June 2000, was recently re-released in an updated paperback version. Her second book, Shut Up & Sing: How the Elites in Hollywood, Politics...and the UN are Subverting America is a bestseller. Ingraham's most recent book, Power to the People, was released on September 11, 2007, and topped Amazon's bestseller list on September 14.+

Frank, why is it you guys scream to high heaven anytime anyone mentions the word "racist", but you're perfectly happy to throw "sexist" in, anytime it helps you make a point?

Frank, stop playing the "sex card".

What are you talking about? When did I play the "Sex Card"?

Do you consider yourself a member of the Liberal Intellectual Elite?

No, I have no doubt that he was. But this doesn't change the fact that the book itself is supposed to represent the writings of others, not Ingraham's. She had to purposely change her writing style to achieve the desired effect. This being the case, to call it poorly written really means nothing to Ingraham, unless maybe to take it as a compliment because such a statement means she achieved her goal. Certainly it is no insult to her, regardless of Colbert's intentions.

Did she? I didn't read the actual book. Then again, what exactly would of Ingraham changed her writing style to since Obama is at the very least a decent writer?

ummk sure yeah right and you are a jerk, we should start a thread about that, that would be a real laugh riot.

Oh so when you've run out of arguments, which was by the 2nd post, you resort to making false claims of sexism. Gotta love it.

Hey it's your life. must suck to be so shallow and hateful all the time.

:lol: Shallow and hateful? Don't think so. That fits your existence on here however to a tee to say the least.

Frank, why is it you guys scream to high heaven anytime anyone mentions the word "racist", but you're perfectly happy to throw "sexist" in, anytime it helps you make a point?

Frank, stop playing the "sex card".

What are you talking about? When did I play the "Sex Card"?

Do you consider yourself a member of the Liberal Intellectual Elite?

Well, I am an intellectual, I am somewhat liberal...

and damn right I'm l337.

Are you accusing Obama of plagiarism? Its bad enough you think both his books were ghost written and the fact you're a birther. Frank, you've become so deluded that you no longer know the difference between reality and fiction. Take a step back.

Show me one single thing Obama's ever released besides his 2 autobiographies! College thesis, law reivew articles, give me ONE THING he's ever written on his own. I've seen him off script, he thinks we have 57 states and you need to give a kid with asthma a breathalyzer. That's the man holding Bert's DNR.

His interview regarding the Constitution and "Negative rights" clearly shows he's totally clueless about the document not surprising consider that Prince Alaweed got him into Harvard in the first place

Show me one single thing Obama's ever released besides his 2 autobiographies! College thesis, law reivew articles, give me ONE THING he's ever written on his own. I've seen him off script, he thinks we have 57 states and you need to give a kid with asthma a breathalyzer. That's the man holding Bert's DNR.

His interview regarding the Constitution and "Negative rights" clearly shows he's totally clueless about the document not surprising consider that Prince Alaweed got him into Harvard in the first place

You think Prince Alaweed got him into Harvard in the first place? There is no point in trying to discuss this issue with a rabid conspiracy theorist birther.

yeah whatever. you are a pathetic excuse for a man.

Why should I take anything you say at face value? You'll attack me because I mocked your post calling out wikipedia but you won't dare criticize the guys on the right who make obscene comments towards women not only here but in general on a daily basis. So whatever you say. :thup:

Well, the Harvard Law Review from when he was editor is available for sale from here:
Welcome to William S. Hein & Co.: Catalog: Product Detail

So, if you want to read something he wrote, looks like it's about 100 bucks. Buy it.

yeah whatever. you are a pathetic excuse for a man.

Why should I take anything you say at face value? You'll attack me because I mocked your post calling out wikipedia but you won't dare criticize the guys on the right who make obscene comments towards women not only here but in general on a daily basis. So whatever you say. :thup:

most of the "obscene" comments I've seen on this board is done MOSTLY by you lefties. I know, I've been called quite a few choice ones.
so you just carry on with your pathetic life and post more threads mocking of women and having an orgasm over them.

sad sad excuse for a man in my book.

Did she? I didn't read the actual book. Then again, what exactly would of Ingraham changed her writing style to since Obama is at the very least a decent writer?

I assume she did, but you know what they say about that...

The book, I believe, will most likely be found in the humor section of most book stores once it exits the bestseller lists. Certainly that is where I would put it if I were still a proprietor of books. Now I realize that most on the left would consider much, if not all of her writings to be humorous, but it has been my experience that authors who dabble in such cross genre writing will change their writing style. Having never read Ingraham's books and having no intention of reading this one, my analysis is admittedly based soley on my experience in the book business and prolific reading of various authors.

most of the "obscene" comments I've seen on this board is done MOSTLY by you lefties. I know, I've been called quite a few choice ones.
so you just carry on with your pathetic life and post more threads mocking of women and having an orgasm over them.

When one has a tunnel vision, I suppose that is all you would want to see. I suppose if I made another thread mocking Beck, you'd accuse me of sexism or racism? I mean, after all, me and him are both white males. Can't use that bullshit there, can you? :thup:

Well, the Harvard Law Review from when he was editor is available for sale from here:
Welcome to William S. Hein & Co.: Catalog: Product Detail

So, if you want to read something he wrote, looks like it's about 100 bucks. Buy it.

really....please find me an article authored and published by obama

When one has a tunnel vision, I suppose that is all you would want to see. I suppose if I made another thread mocking Beck, you'd accuse me of sexism or racism? I mean, after all, me and him are both white males. Can't use that bullshit there, can you? :thup:

:rolleyes:
carry on little man.

Here's what happened:

Laura wrote, in-gest, "as" Obama in the book.

Colbert sarcastically DID diss her writing. Here's where he's being sarcastic: he's dissing the writing...................of "Obama," for writing so horribly.............................................but it's REALLY Laura writing "AS" Obama, and so he's really dissing her, in a sarcastic way, to her face.

Then Colbert said the thing about the ribs because Laura was stereotyping, in the most obvious way, by writing that "exerp" which was "sarcastically" from the O-Family.

New Topics

Forum List

Back