Stephanie Cutter: President Obama's Fight for Small Businesses

All of Obama points require tax money.

Won't work.

As opposed to WHAT?

What do rw's think? That all the STUFF they take for granted just grows on trees? Are they saving box tops and aluminum cans to pay for police, teachers and fire fighters.

How bout them highways? What do you fools think pays for them?

Our bridges are falling down. How do you nincompoops propose we pay for them to be repaired?

Do you really think Paul Ryan has included YOU in his phony "plan"?

GAWD. I am just so sick of the constant lies and stupidity from the right.

Puhleez. I, like many Republicans, supported the "shovel ready projects" in the President's stimulus plan.

And we got duped. How much money was spent fixing our roads and bridges?

I am so sick of the constant lies and stupidity from the left.

Won't work.

As opposed to WHAT?

What do rw's think? That all the STUFF they take for granted just grows on trees? Are they saving box tops and aluminum cans to pay for police, teachers and fire fighters.

Our bridges are falling down. How do you nincompoops propose we pay for them to be repaired?

gawd we are sick of you repeating the same shit over and over?
get a new book of talking points.

Won't work.

As opposed to WHAT?

We've been paying taxes on our gas for decades that was "supposed" to be going towards highway upkeep and bridge repair but that money has been diverted to pay for other parts of government spending just like the money that we've paid into Social Security has been diverted.

It isn't that government isn't GETTING our tax dollars already to pay for these things...it's just that they've taken the money that should have been used for infrastructure repairs and used that money to keep a wasteful, inefficient government afloat.

As for Paul Ryan's "phony plan"? Ryan is one of the few politicians in Washington to actually GIVE us a plan that would start working towards getting the budget deficit under control. What has Barack Obama done? He's back loaded the costs on his legislation so that they won't hit us until he's long gone from office while not producing a budget for years now. Show me Barack Obama's "plan", Luddly!

exact words from Obama's mouth:
"If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. "

If you've got a business.. (means "if you've got a business..")
"you didn't build.. that"... (so we the audience is to assume "that" which is "singular"

That - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thatSharea : the person, thing, or idea indicated, mentioned, or understood from the situation <that is my father> b : the time, action, or event specified <after that I went to .
So "that" bridge? That road? ???

"Somebody else made that happen. "-- NOT the business owner made it happen .."somebody" else did!

So does this mean the "smartest" president doesn't know how to communicate with us?
I thought that was what at least he could do well....!

Only a complete fool believes that he was claiming what you said. His full words:

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

Read more: Obama claims Romney 'twisted' his words on 'you didn't build that' | Fox News

If you're not a complete liar, or a complete moron, or a complete hack, you know what Obama said was true.

Here's a fact that you probably don't want to hear. There's no such thing as a self-made man. We all seek opportunities, and those of us who are smart enough to leverage on them, have a higher likelihood of becoming successful. Those born on third base, because they lucked out on ovarian bingo, and thinking they hit a triple are liars. Those who respect the accomplishments who used an organized crime technique, and barely kept it under the radar, are pond scum.

There are only 2 things Obama could have meant.

1) That if you own a business you didn&#8217;t build it, someone else did.

2) That if you own business you don&#8217;t pay any taxes, Federal or state. That you don&#8217;t have employees that you again pay taxes on and that the employees that make money off the job you created don&#8217;t pay taxes. The taxes that pay for the bridges, raods, internet and so on that "Government created."

Pick one, go ahead.

This quote that Obama said will be remembered until the day this country ends. That quote is a sign of how bad leadership has become and how much Presidents have sold the country out to welfare buying for votes.

The more this is debated the more people will understand how bad the quote really is. You are fighting a losing battle based on purely on you partisanship.

Last edited:
What Barack Obama has never seemed to grasp is that it isn't some government clock puncher going through the motions and collecting a guaranteed paycheck that builds the economy...it's the private sector business person who invests their capital and sweat equity in the hopes of turning a profit that makes the economy grow and creates jobs.

He doesn't "get it" because he's never experienced it. He doesn't understand what it's like to work like a dog for no money with the HOPE of building something that will make you wealthy because he's never DONE that. He doesn't respect profits because he's never had to labor to realize them. To a progressive like him, "profit" is someone taking advantage of people...profit is an evil thing that needs to be kept in check by a vigilant government, with people like him deciding who gets what.

What Barack Obama has never seemed to grasp is that it isn't some government clock puncher going through the motions and collecting a guaranteed paycheck that builds the economy...it's the private sector business person who invests their capital and sweat equity in the hopes of turning a profit that makes the economy grow and creates jobs.

He doesn't "get it" because he's never experienced it. He doesn't understand what it's like to work like a dog for no money with the HOPE of building something that will make you wealthy because he's never DONE that. He doesn't respect profits because he's never had to labor to realize them. To a progressive like him, "profit" is someone taking advantage of people...profit is an evil thing that needs to be kept in check by a vigilant government, with people like him deciding who gets what.

you're right, Obama was coddled as if he was some special human being...and the only reason for that was he railed our country as a community agitator so he was taken under the wings of the radicals out there
he has never had a REAL JOB

Oh, he's had jobs, Stephanie...but all of his jobs were either in some form of government or community activism or as a "trophy" hire...which is what I refer to his jobs with one of Chicago's most prestigious law firm or when he was hired to be a lecturer at the University of Chicago. He didn't get either job because of his great legal mind...let's face it...he got both jobs because he was the first black President of the Harvard Law Review and having someone with that "credential" after his name was a coup for both the law firm and the University. For those Obama supporters that will immediately start wailing about how unfairly I'm portraying Mr. Obama I simply ask this...show me some scholarly work produced by Barack Obama when he was at Harvard Law...or when he was a lawyer at that law firm or a lecturer at the University of Chicago! To take that even further...show me a piece of legislation that Barack Obama ever wrote himself that you consider to be well written. That's something I've asked progressives to do many times and they've never been able to provide me with any examples of Barry's "brilliance" in action and the reason for that quite frankly is that he's never demonstrated said brilliance.

I hear that if i vote for Obama, he'll build a business and give it to me.

But he won't build it on his own.

But Stephanie will lie her ass off and tell you he did...on weekends.

The woman is a blight on the American political process.

exact words from Obama's mouth:
"If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. "

If you've got a business.. (means "if you've got a business..")
"you didn't build.. that"... (so we the audience is to assume "that" which is "singular"

That - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thatSharea : the person, thing, or idea indicated, mentioned, or understood from the situation <that is my father> b : the time, action, or event specified <after that I went to .
So "that" bridge? That road? ???

"Somebody else made that happen. "-- NOT the business owner made it happen .."somebody" else did!

So does this mean the "smartest" president doesn't know how to communicate with us?
I thought that was what at least he could do well....!

Only a complete fool believes that he was claiming what you said. His full words:

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

Read more: Obama claims Romney 'twisted' his words on 'you didn't build that' | Fox News

If you're not a complete liar, or a complete moron, or a complete hack, you know what Obama said was true.

Here's a fact that you probably don't want to hear. There's no such thing as a self-made man. We all seek opportunities, and those of us who are smart enough to leverage on them, have a higher likelihood of becoming successful. Those born on third base, because they lucked out on ovarian bingo, and thinking they hit a triple are liars. Those who respect the accomplishments who used an organized crime technique, and barely kept it under the radar, are pond scum.

No, that is your wish..
Yours is the typical class warfare jealousy peasant mentality we see from the left.
You people to the astonishment of the majority of Americans, believe there is a finite pot of money from which we all draw and that anyone who has more than you feel comfortable, stole it from you.
You actually think there is "the lottery of life"...That in no way is there a possibility that hard work and intelligence crate a path to achievement and success.
No. Your side has demonized and even criminalized success.
All of this patently false. But because you people are so faithless in your fellow human being, so self loathing for your own inadequacy and so envious of others, you make up this fantasy to feed your righteous indignation.

Obama's not a leader__ never has been. If he was, he would have came out from the start and said 'Let's keep it real. I'm not filling anyone's gas tank or paying their mortgages.' Simple, but he isn't interested in real leadership.

The message was extremely clear.

CLASS WARFARE BABY!!

Not a single member of this forum is a target of any "class warfare" that Obama could possibly suggest. In fact, he is a target if anyone is. You guys are dupes carrying water for wealth hoarders.

Vote in YOUR OWN best interests.

For a day or two, entertain the possibility that you have been screwed by those you trust. Play the devil's advocate for a while. See how easy it is when the facts are on your side and you don't have to invent lies to make political points.

Wealth hoarders. George Soros, George Clooney, Bruce Springsteen and the host of other super rich people Obama has been sucking up to for donations to his campaign?

Forum List

Back