Stephanie Cutter: President Obama's Fight for Small Businesses

exact words from Obama's mouth:
"If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. "

If you've got a business.. (means "if you've got a business..")
"you didn't build.. that"... (so we the audience is to assume "that" which is "singular"

That - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thatSharea : the person, thing, or idea indicated, mentioned, or understood from the situation <that is my father> b : the time, action, or event specified <after that I went to .
So "that" bridge? That road? ???

"Somebody else made that happen. "-- NOT the business owner made it happen .."somebody" else did!

So does this mean the "smartest" president doesn't know how to communicate with us?
I thought that was what at least he could do well....!

Obama needs to understand that words mean things...and based upon his record for the past 3+ years and the damage he's done? He admitted to the people what he's all about...and he meant every single syllable.

The backpeddling is both disingenuous and comical. Panic mode is in full-tilt-boogie mode trying to walk it back. :badgrin:

Obama needs to understand that words mean things...and based upon his record for the past 3+ years and the damage he's done? He admitted to the people what he's all about...and he meant every single syllable.

The backpeddling is both disingenuous and comical. Panic mode is in full-tilt-boogie mode trying to walk it back. :badgrin:

lol, I love that..
panic mode in full-tilt boogie..
and so true..Abc had to go dig some old Romney video of him speaking to Olympians........makes me laugh

Last edited:
"If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. "

"you didn't build.. that"... (so we the audience is to assume "that" which is "singular"

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thatSharea : the person, thing, or idea indicated, mentioned, or understood from the situation <that is my father> b : the time, action, or event specified <after that I went to .

"Somebody else made that happen. "-- NOT the business owner made it happen .."somebody" else did!

So does this mean the "smartest" president doesn't know how to communicate with us?

Only a complete fool believes that he was claiming what you said. His full words:

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

Read more: Obama claims Romney &#39;twisted&#39; his words on &#39;you didn&#39;t build that&#39; | Fox News

If you're not a complete liar, or a complete moron, or a complete hack, you know what Obama said was true.

Here's a fact that you probably don't want to hear. There's no such thing as a self-made man. We all seek opportunities, and those of us who are smart enough to leverage on them, have a higher likelihood of becoming successful. Those born on third base, because they lucked out on ovarian bingo, and thinking they hit a triple are liars. Those who respect the accomplishments who used an organized crime technique, and barely kept it under the radar, are pond scum.

Only a complete fool believes that he was claiming what you said. His full words:

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

Read more: Obama claims Romney 'twisted' his words on 'you didn't build that' | Fox News

If you're not a complete liar, or a complete moron, or a complete hack, you know what Obama said was true.

Here's a fact that you probably don't want to hear. There's no such thing as a self-made man. We all seek opportunities, and those of us who are smart enough to leverage on them, have a higher likelihood of becoming successful. Those born on third base, because they lucked out on ovarian bingo, and thinking they hit a triple are liars. Those who respect the accomplishments who used an organized crime technique, and barely kept it under the radar, are pond scum.

oh dear gawd, who did you lift that from?
you should give it back

Read more: Obama claims Romney 'twisted' his words on 'you didn't build that' | Fox News

Why do you think putting it into the full speech somehow makes it better? It doesn't. Obama meant that those that are successful in this nation owe their success to others and should therefore give more back. He meant that those that own businesses got lucky. They didn't get that success because they were smart or worked hard. He thinks they were successful because they were just more fortunate that others and owe their success to the collective. You can dance around his meaning but it doesn't make his meaning less clear.

you should give it back

It's not rocket science, moron. I lifted it from FOX news. Here's what Obama said:

Why do you believe that your lies won't be exposed?

you should give it back

It's not rocket science, moron. I lifted it from FOX news. Here's what Obama said:

lol, figures you didn't understand..you're just a tool and not a very bright one...
sorry

Seeing the full speech is worse than even the clip of it.

vote this man out people..

you should give it back

lol, figures you didn't understand..you're just a tool and not a very bright one...
sorry

Yeah, right. I'm a tool. I posted the full statement by OUR PRESIDENT, from FOX news, and I'm a tool. You're lying pond scum. You're the one who doesn't care about truth, honesty, or any other FAMILY VALUE that civilized people want to pass on to our children. Jesus did toss out the old covenant, except for the ten commandments. How will you explain your bearing false witness?

Once again, here's what FOX claimed he said:

Forum List

Back