Step Up, RGS

What's up RGS. You going to do more than just VOTE this year? You want fiscal conservatives, well here's a great one running in your state and he needs your help.

Whatchu got?

I just saw this thread, I do not live on this board and only see what is NEW when I am on, And do not always check every thread. As soon as I saw it, I responded.

I am in the 3rd, stuck with Walter B. Jones, another Democrat pretending to be a Republican to get elected. He played the game well for his first 3 terms but the last 4 he has been so liberal most of the States Republican elected officials won't endorse him, support him or be seen with him.

Unfortunately he won the Primary 60 percent to 40 percent. At least this time someone ran against him. in the past he has had no credible opponent. Though I was not a NC voter when he first won so don't know then.

His Dad was a long time Democratic member of Congress and Walter B Jones Jr. could not get elected as democrat so changed parties.

Well, then you're close enough to be able to help Lawson in the 4th. That's what I'm asking you...will you help him? He needs the help of people who care enough, and I'd like to ASSUME that you care enough, based on how adamant you are here about fiscal irresponsibility.

Here's a meet-up group you can attend in the triangle area, which advocates for the Republican Liberty Caucus, the group within the party which is probably most supportive of TRUE conservatism. This would be a good place to join with others who are helping the Lawson cause.

http://rlc.meetup.com/92/

Hey, if you put your time in, and the guy wins, you'll feel damn proud of yourself and it may actually help put a smile on your face for a while. Physically helping out in your community to get good people elected is so much more rewarding than arguing on message boards. I live too far away from NC to help out consistently, but YOU can do a LOT.

Well, then you're close enough to be able to help Lawson in the 4th. That's what I'm asking you...will you help him? He needs the help of people who care enough, and I'd like to ASSUME that you care enough, based on how adamant you are here about fiscal irresponsibility.

Did he win the primary? You know we already did that right?

And sorry I do not have the money to travel to another district to help someone else. I live on my wife's meager wages, Social Security Disability and VA disability. ( Va pays more then Military retirement so I take Va instead, plus it is non taxable)

And do not start on SS. It took my doctors 3 years to convince me I should ask for it. I would vote it out of existance given the chance. But as my doctors put it, I paid in to the system so as long as it exists I have a right to use it. I only finally applied when I was really unable to work anymore. My doctors wanted me to apply 3 years sooner because they knew how hard it was for me to work.

And it got approved on first try, usual procedure is rejection several times, hire a lawyer and fight it out. What ever my doctors wrote convinced them right out of the chute. I assume the 2 to 3 hospital visits a year for the last 4 years preceeding that helped. That and VA rated me 70 percent that year with pay at 100 percent level cause I was unable to work.

Did he win the primary? You know we already did that right?
Yeah, I believe my OP mentions he won with 70% of the vote. He's got good funding, great grassroots support NATIONWIDE, and he CAN WIN. It's definitely a cause worth fighting for.

And sorry I do not have the money to travel to another district to help someone else. I live on my wife's meager wages, Social Security Disability and VA disability. ( Va pays more then Military retirement so I take Va instead, plus it is non taxable)
I'm not sure how much money it would cost you to drive one district over, but if you link up with people already involved, and the official campaign, you will most likely be given everything you need for free. All you really need to pay for is some gas to make a drive, and your time.

I can't imagine very many things that are more worth the gas money and your time, then replacing our corrupt congress with good candidates.

Ok, I checked the map of NC's districts. I see you are a bit far from the 4th. But it looks like it's equivalent to the drive I would take from my house to NYC. About 2 hours MAX.

Maybe it's not quite a hop, skip, and jump, but it's certainly not out of the question.

Even if you made a day trip out of it, I'd be quite proud of you.

You sure he's not a Democrat?:rolleyes:

Who, RGS? I don't know, sometimes I wonder...:cool:

I don't see much in his position that I disagree with.

I don't see how that is possible if you're a liberal like you claim.

Washington must balance its budget, stop serving corporate interests, and allow us to prosper as free, entrepreneurial Americans instead of dividing us into special interest groups that fight each other for government handouts.
Big government inevitably becomes a tool for corporate and special interests instead of a guardian of individual liberty. Today, big government has given us significant problems: rising food prices, jobs going overseas, illegal immigration, porous borders, failing education, war and occupation, foreign oil addiction, unsustainable entitlement spending, and a crushing debt burden. Since our bloated bureaucracy caused these problems, more bureaucracy cannot solve them. Instead, we need a smaller federal government that is focused on its Constitutional responsibilities.
While we are in a challenging position, we can change our direction by realizing our future success does not come from begging a bankrupt federal government for help. Our success as America comes from your potential as a free American to help yourself, and your fellow citizens. Freedom isn't free — it requires a lot of hard work. But liberty is priceless.
You see, we have a nation that is increasingly divided. People appear to enjoy sports like Democrats vs. Republicans, Liberals vs. Conservatives, Straights vs. Gays, Blacks vs. Whites, Spanish vs. English, and so forth… when the fundamental problems we face together as Americans don’t discriminate. You're personally one of the more partisan Democrats I've seen around here lately. Most of what you post assumes you view politics as a sporting event.
I understand that my household budget demands certain discipline, and I am uncomfortable pretending we can borrow as much money as we want from foreign investors and our own Federal Reserve.
Issues

End waste from un-Constitutional spending
Stop corporate welfare and protectionist regulations written by lobbyists, so we can create our own businesses and jobs
Stop taking so much wealth to Washington, so our state and local governments can better meet our needs
Secure the border and end economic incentives for illegal immigration
Restore accessible healthcare, restore the doctor-patient relationship
Defend national security
Support free trade, and oppose managed trade by special interests
Stop the looting of Social Security
Protect the environment by protecting private property rights and ending corporate welfare
Protect our privacy and civil liberties
Protect the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

I mean, I can see a few you might agree with, like ending corporate welfare, and protecting privacy and civil liberties. Also, I would imagine you'd like his foreign policy.

But otherwise, the guy is about as conservative as it gets, in the TRUE sense of conservatism.

Liberals love spending and regulations, and you will not be getting what you want in those departments with Lawson.

If his issues provide you with an opportunity to compromise on your positions, and you'd vote for him because of that, then I'd say that's a good step toward shedding the label of partisan hack.

I should have known, RGS. When a legitimate opportunity is right in your lap, you cop out with whatever excuse seems viable.

A 2 hour drive, $50 in gas, and a day of your much needed time, and you figured out a convenient way of copping out.

It's much easier to just type your concerns out on message boards, slander liberals, and then make the occasional trip to your local precinct and press a button on election day.

Luckily for this country, a lot of people care more than you do.

. . . .

And do not start on SS. It took my doctors 3 years to convince me I should ask for it. I would vote it out of existance given the chance. But as my doctors put it, I paid in to the system so as long as it exists I have a right to use it. I only finally applied when I was really unable to work anymore. My doctors wanted me to apply 3 years sooner because they knew how hard it was for me to work.

And it got approved on first try, usual procedure is rejection several times, hire a lawyer and fight it out. What ever my doctors wrote convinced them right out of the chute. I assume the 2 to 3 hospital visits a year for the last 4 years preceeding that helped. That and VA rated me 70 percent that year with pay at 100 percent level cause I was unable to work.
I'm glad we had a President like FDR with the foresight and compassion to make sure that people like you can have some dignity. Thanks to Social Security, you don't have to beg your church or your children to help you get by.

Your Republican overlords will tell you that Social Security is a bad investment, but they only make that case by omitting the value of the disability insurance that you are now drawing. People who draw disability get full benefits for life, and often receive more than they ever put into the system. Will you keep drawing SS once you recover your investment?

And you are right that the "usual procedure is rejection several times, hire a lawyer and fight it out." I handled those types of cases as a new lawyer, and I never lost one. I remember when your hero, Ronald Reagan, decided to adopt that policy. Government was more humane before then. Reagan decided to save money by making the neediest people jump through administrative hoops, get frustrated and drop out. That's pretty fucking cruel. I'm glad you were spared that pain and humiliation, but saddened to hear that your condition was so bad the assholes couldn't find a loophole they could use to jerk you around.

I'm glad we had a President like FDR with the foresight and compassion to make sure that people like you can have some dignity. Thanks to Social Security, you don't have to beg your church or your children to help you get by.

Your Republican overlords will tell you that Social Security is a bad investment, but they only make that case by omitting the value of the disability insurance that you are now drawing. People who draw disability get full benefits for life, and often receive more than they ever put into the system. Will you keep drawing SS once you recover your investment?

And you are right that the "usual procedure is rejection several times, hire a lawyer and fight it out." I handled those types of cases as a new lawyer, and I never lost one. I remember when your hero, Ronald Reagan, decided to adopt that policy. Government was more humane before then. Reagan decided to save money by making the neediest people jump through administrative hoops, get frustrated and drop out. That's pretty fucking cruel. I'm glad you were spared that pain and humiliation, but saddened to hear that your condition was so bad the assholes couldn't find a loophole they could use to jerk you around.

Please do me a favor and keep the partisan derailments out of this particular thread. Let's keep it on topic. I want to see what RGS is made of.

Please do me a favor and keep the partisan derailments out of this particular thread. Let's keep it on topic. I want to see what RGS is made of.

Because this thread has really kept it's focus, right?

RGS answered. He does not have the money to travel to another district. Also, if he gets SS on the first try, he's going to have some serious physical limitations on his ability to travel and to help. I don't expect him to admit that, but I know firsthand how limited he must be to qualify.

But he likes to rail against the hand that now feeds him. I would like to see what he is made of there.

I should have known, RGS. When a legitimate opportunity is right in your lap, you cop out with whatever excuse seems viable.

A 2 hour drive, $50 in gas, and a day of your much needed time, and you figured out a convenient way of copping out.

It's much easier to just type your concerns out on message boards, slander liberals, and then make the occasional trip to your local precinct and press a button on election day.

Luckily for this country, a lot of people care more than you do.

I have tried to be nice in this thread, even after all your baiting. Tell ya what? Go pound sand.

I have tried to be nice in this thread, even after all your baiting. Tell ya what? Go pound sand.

There was no reason for you to have been "TRYING" to be nice. I mean, it's not like I was originally being an asshole. I was merely asking you for your help with something that happens to be just a WEE bit important to the nation. When you copped out though, which honestly, I expected, the tides turned a bit and I went on the offensive.

That you can't find a few bucks and a day of your life to go and help out a fellow NC district in getting a REAL conservative elected that will actually make a real DIFFERENCE, is sad. I mean fuck RGS, I'd send you $50 paypal, or whatever, if I actually knew you were going to DO IT.

It shouldn't be an issue of money. That can be worked out. I can't help you with your apathy though. I can't MAKE you care enough to put a day's worth of time on the line to try to make a difference. That is a problem from within you, which apparently you need to figure out on your own.

Excuse ME, for thinking it might be something that could brighten your spirits a little bit, while simultaneously helping the nation.

It's equally as good to know who we CAN'T count on, as it is to know who we CAN.

There was no reason for you to have been "TRYING" to be nice. I mean, it's not like I was originally being an asshole. I was merely asking you for your help with something that happens to be just a WEE bit important to the nation. When you copped out though, which honestly, I expected, the tides turned a bit and I went on the offensive.

That you can't find a few bucks and a day of your life to go and help out a fellow NC district in getting a REAL conservative elected that will actually make a real DIFFERENCE, is sad. I mean fuck RGS, I'd send you $50 paypal, or whatever, if I actually knew you were going to DO IT.

It shouldn't be an issue of money. That can be worked out. I can't help you with your apathy though. I can't MAKE you care enough to put a day's worth of time on the line to try to make a difference. That is a problem from within you, which apparently you need to figure out on your own.

Excuse ME, for thinking it might be something that could brighten your spirits a little bit, while simultaneously helping the nation.

It's equally as good to know who we CAN'T count on, as it is to know who we CAN.

Once again, fuck you. You have no knowledge of me or my abilities, capabilities or life. You can go pound sand and play with those pretty bomblets for all I care. You are an ass and a retard. But hey " Thanks for playing" TM RGS 2008.

You win the Sanctimonious Twit trophy for the day.

Forum List

Back