step outside please,,,,police ploy

I'm glad some don't get used to it.

As I said, "if". The point being don't be surprised if instant karma gets you (that's a general "you"). It's advisable to not resist and not talk without a lawyer being present. Stick to those two simple points and "you" should be okay.
Why should anyone give up their rights as a citizen to avoid being arrested?

Not suggesting that at all. Just suggesting common sense. Arrest is a procedure to get someone in front of a court, it's not a punishment. If you're arrested without good cause then you can sue for unlawful arrest. If you talk to police without your lawyer present then you need your head read. Not you, but "you" of course.

The drug problem and gang problem is pretty bad here right now, gang members see this area as a free zone or whatever they say. We have had three meth heads killed in some form by the police just this summer. Two by shooting and one by high speed chase.
They also say the only reason why we rated below Tacoma for a meth problem is because Tacoma has more money to go after meth labs, right now we have no money.
Last night two gang member up from California shot two women after a bar fight. If I go to a bar I have learned that when a fight starts get the hell out of there, those women are just two of many.
We also have the oxy freaks robbing everything right now, they even broke into the store I work at stealing about 40,000 dollars worth of jewelry. When they got them for a oxy ring they found half the jewelry.
All I know is the Police just took three more career criminals off the street for good and I have no sympathy for these meth or oxy freaks. One guy they shot for pulling a butcher knife had just beat up and robbed a older lady in her home.

That sucks, I know how that is, where I live is the official Meth Capitol of the United States.

People don't realize how dangers someone spun out on meth or PCP really is. I would say atleast 60-75% of the people I detain are spun out and if you have never been in a situation where you have to try and get someone who is spun out in handcuffs consider yourself lucky.

First of all they have superhuman strength, the majority of the time you have to choker them out, just to get them under control and if you have never done it it is a hard thing to do. We had one guy who was about 5'4\120#'s throwing 4 of us around I had to choke him out to get him restained, and when he came to he actually broke my handcuffs. He cut his wrists down to the bone trying to break out of them and when he snapped the hinges I will tell you, that is one of the worst feelings you can ever imagine. There is no reasoning with someone like this and they dont think logically at all. All's they do is fight.

They are also resistant to the non lethal weapons the law enforcement uses like Tazers, and ASP or Pepper Spray since they are feeling no pain. I have seen someone hit with a Tazer and keep going at the Officer, not a good position for the cop to be in because he only has one choice remaining at that point, lethal force.

People need to realize the seriousness of the Meth crisis. It literally distroys lives and what makes it so dangerous is that you only need to try it just ONCE and your hooked for life.

You're full of shit. Not only is there no way to resist a taser's extremely high electric current, it would have ZERO to do with drug use.

There's a possibility of resisting if shot in the leg or arm, but then cops don't shoot the taser there DO THEY?

You're a rent-a-cop dude, and you're trying to bullshit a bullshitter.

As far as the meth, have you ever even used it to know it only takes "one time to get hooked for life"?

First of all, im not a rent a cop thank you very much, hell I probably make more in a week then you do in a year. Hell I probably accomplish more in a year then you will yoour entire life.

Second of all, it is very possible to resist a Taser or stun device, I have seen it happen first hand, so dont go talking about shit you know nothing about.

Statistics show alls you have to do is try Meth once and your hooked for life.

Also if you remember Rodney King was hit with a tazer, but because he was under the influence the Tazer was not effective.

Last edited:
People keep forgetting a very human fact, cops are people to. They have families and friends, and responsibilities which makes their safety important as well. Not to mention that they are the only people who have someone above them that they have to account for when they do something out of anger only ... people you bump into on the street don't.

As for the "they are people, have families," etc. argument, SO WHAT. They sign on for the jobs and are obligated to be professional. Their job, which they should know going into it, can be dangerous, but they volunteer, and then can retire earlier than most, with great benefits and pensions, and some retire at full benefits and then come back as "consultants" and double their money.... I don't feel they are owed anything special in the way of adulation....

And people on the street DO have to answer, to the public, to the judicial system, and so on.

Giving public employees extraordinary status because, (whine,) they have families and friends... Uh-Uh,

This is what Cambrige Policemen have going on...

Benefits

spacer.gif
• $34,455-$49,577 Starting Salary

• 14 Vacation Days After 1 Year Of Service

• 2 Personal Days

• 5 Family Sick Leave Days

• 13 Paid Holidays

• Perfect Attendance Incentives

• Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Polices supplemented by the City

• Yearly Uniform Allowance

• College Degree Incentives (Quinn Bill)

• Tuition Reimbursement Plan

• Additional Financial Incentives Based On Specific Assignment

• 4 HMO Plans to choose from

City Of Cambridge - Police Department - Benefits

The pay is base, does not include overtime and "special incentives....."

:eusa_eh: Okay ... so someone complains about people breaking the noise ordinances, and somehow the cops just "know" they are college brats and arrest them just for that? Weird ... when did they start hiring psychics?

Don't bother with logic or reality with these paranoid dumb asses. Neither reality or logic apply to their rants. If you dig you find out that people that make these charges and complain the loudest usually have a beef with the cops cause they got caught breaking the law. Editec for example got caught with pot. No telling what Strollings little problem was unless she tells us.

First thing you need to do and these people admit they do not, is be respectful. Even though I seriously doubt some cop is gonna blow me away for being a smart ass, I learned real quick in life if someone with more POWER then you is talking to you you do not aggravate them, you give them some respect.

Drunks are almost NEVER smart enough to be respectful, especially if when sober they are not. Cops do not just show up at condo's apartments or homes without a REASON. And the first thing you learn is that if the party is wild and loud and full of drunks no amount of ASKING is going to register with these drunk assholes to tone it down. The next thing to remember is if the cops have a reason to arrest someone, doing it in a room of drunks is a very bad idea. Better to get them to exit the room. It is called sound police tactics.
Spare us your insane if you aren't doing anything wrong don't be afraid bullshit. Especially from you who moaned and cried about the raid on the child rapist's compound.

It's good you learned real quick never to question authority, RGS. And nice job of equating those in authority to street thugs with weapons. We aren't supposed to FEAR the police if we are innocent of any criminal wrongdoing.

He's a troll and a tool, Ravi.

Isn't it fairly obvious the man learned early in life that a sad sack like him had best learn follow orders without question because he doesn't have the brains God gave geese?

do the police pull this around your area? we have asu near us with lots of student housing...police are called to a condo....or apartment.....people are partying hard inside the apartment...the police will come...ask the apartment owners to step outside....once they do that..they are on public property and are arrested for public drunkness....gestopo tactic or good police work...you be the judge.

Why do that when you can just summons them for violating noise ordinances?

Speaking of arresting...do cops really like to make frivolous arrests like you describe? I would imagine that for each arrest there is a huge amount of paperwork to do. Not to mention the taxpayer's cost.

More money in Public Drunkeness, I would guess.

i think it sucks diu...they mostly use these tactic on drunken college kids....i dont get in cops faces but i do not let them run over me either....its a thin line...

I have no sympathy for drunken college brats.

And I have no sympathy for police officers who bend the rules in order to make an arrest. In fact, cops who do that are twenty times more reprehensible than a drunken college "brat," because cops should know better - which, of course, they do.

It depends.

If the police officer has grounds for arrest when he or she invites the person outside because they don't want to get the shit kicked out of them where they are when they try and effect the arrest, it's sensible.

However if the intent is to get the off-his-face (or her face) big mouth outside to have them act like complete goats so they can be pinched for disorderly behaviour, then it's not good practice.

Have I done both?

Yes.

Shit does happen. I'm sorry but if you fuck with the cops they fuck you back. That's life, get used to it. :eusa_angel:

Having come from a police family I would have agreed with you 100%, until July 13,2009 when a swat team from Lane County Oregon detained me in the back of a cruiser for2 1/2 hrs after I opened the gate for paramedics for their target.(contempt of court) I also am elderly and handicapped and asked for and was denied medical help for that 2 1/2 Hrs.
I have filed charges and now am harassed.
Also am now victimized again as my neighbors (who thought as I did) want to know what I did wrong. As the cops keep dropping by.
Shit is caused, not happens, and if you are a (phew) cop and you have done this you are a piece of shit.
The phrase used by police is" we are all going home tonight" sounds like a scared little boy whistling his way by a graveyard at night. But give that kid an AR15,Shotgun,or pistol and they all cover their fright and become goons.
OLJingoist aka/ greatgrampa
Edit: Oathkeepers.org

Last edited:
It depends.

If the police officer has grounds for arrest when he or she invites the person outside because they don't want to get the shit kicked out of them where they are when they try and effect the arrest, it's sensible.

However if the intent is to get the off-his-face (or her face) big mouth outside to have them act like complete goats so they can be pinched for disorderly behaviour, then it's not good practice.

Have I done both?

Yes.

Shit does happen. I'm sorry but if you fuck with the cops they fuck you back. That's life, get used to it. :eusa_angel:

Having come from a police family I would have agreed with you 100%, until July 13,2009 when a swat team from Lane County Oregon detained me in the back of a cruiser for2 1/2 hrs after I opened the gate for paramedics for their target.(contempt of court) I also am elderly and handicapped and asked for and was denied medical help for that 2 1/2 Hrs.
I have filed charges and now am harassed.
Also am now victimized again as my neighbors (who thought as I did) want to know what I did wrong. As the cops keep dropping by.
Shit is caused, not happens, and if you are a (phew) cop and you have done this you are a piece of shit.
The phrase used by police is" we are all going home tonight" sounds like a scared little boy whistling his way by a graveyard at night. But give that kid an AR15,Shotgun,or pistol and they all cover their fright and become goons.
OLJingoist aka/ greatgrampa
Edit: Oathkeepers.org

That's an interesting story you have there. I assume it hasn't been resolved yet.

As far as me being a piece of shit, maybe I am, maybe I'm not. And maybe I'm not that fussed.

Anyway, I hope you get justice in your matter.

Let me play catch-up here:

First off, I was a cop for 5 years, I have a little first hand knowlege. Just a little:razz:

Someone mentioned window tint. Well, let me tell you, it can be dangerous as hell walking up to a vehicle and not knowing if there's a gun pointed at you face! Not being able to see if someone is hiding in the back seat! It's even worse at night. It's a safety issue that thankfully our (where I live) law makers recognize and enacted.

As far as something to do, well, let me tell you...Yes, some nights or days you get bored. But most of the time your thankful of it. Most of the time your dealing with the 'regular customers' as we used to call them. The same trouble makers, complainers, drunks, druggies, juveniles, etc. over and over again. So when you can catch a break from them, your glad. To sit and talk to a buddy about your problems, or to help him out. To stop in and talk to your convienence store or cafe workers (they're valuable contacts and informants). To make your quite patrols and watch and observe is Very important!

The issue of making more money for the employer? Well, I'm not sure how other states are set up, but here that money is split. I worked for the City Police. If I arrested someone the monies they paid in restitution was split to the private probation corp that handled them, the city got a small cut, the county got a cut and the state got a cut. Now once you factor out the overtime that I would get if the arrest ran over my shift and then sitting in court all day (sometimes several days) waiting for the case to be called...that money is very small.

And yes, cops ARE people. There are asses, sure. But then there's asses in EVERY profession! Why aren't their threads about them? What about the snotting little twerps checking you got at the video store? The bitchy clerk at Walmart? The people on the internet with superiority complexes?

Come on....:lol:

Last edited:
I hate the old "if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about". It is complete and utter trash.

If you really think that we don't ever need to worry about politicians or police officers abusing their power you are an idiot.

If they were all good and holy we wouldn't need to have made entrapment a crime.

I hate the old "if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about". It is complete and utter trash.

If you really think that we don't ever need to worry about politicians or police officers abusing their power you are an idiot.

If they were all good and holy we wouldn't need to have made entrapment a crime.

I wonder though why the US Supreme Court allows a police officer to deceive a suspect during interrogation. If I pulled that the whole interview would be tossed in the toilet. But it's perfectly acceptable in the US, apparently.

And police don't have to abuse their powers for someone to be on guard. I've said this before and it's been discussed elsewhere with a very good video of a university law professor and a detective saying the same thing. Don't talk to the police without a lawyer advising you. You can be pure as the driven snow but you're a babe in the woods (sorry for the mixed metaphors) when the criminal justice system ensnares you.

no , when the cops arrive at the condo...that is when they know they are students....and it is tricking someone who is doing what...making noise...into a public drunkness ticket

Oh? Is there a mark that they put on condos now that means "students live here"?

Does it really matter if it's only college students or not? It's borderline entrapment and completely unethical and indefensible.

How many cops do you know that would trick you into committing a crime just so they can arrest you? And please don't start with the laughably weak justification "well they might commit a crime".

Oh and to flesh out my points further, even if this isn't entrapment (I doubt it), they are actively encouraging individuals to commit what they know is a crime, is that something you ever want to see in a police officer?

no , when the cops arrive at the condo...that is when they know they are students....and it is tricking someone who is doing what...making noise...into a public drunkness ticket

Oh? Is there a mark that they put on condos now that means "students live here"?

Does it really matter if it's only college students or not? It's borderline entrapment and completely unethical and indefensible.

How many cops do you know that would trick you into committing a crime just so they can arrest you? And please don't start with the laughably weak justification "well they might commit a crime".

It depends on how many cops you know doesn't it? :lol:

It happens though, seen it myself. But it's wrong for sure.

do the police pull this around your area? we have asu near us with lots of student housing...police are called to a condo....or apartment.....people are partying hard inside the apartment...the police will come...ask the apartment owners to step outside....once they do that..they are on public property and are arrested for public drunkness....gestopo tactic or good police work...you be the judge.

another crooked way to make up lose in revenue "those dirty copers."

Forum List

Back