step outside please,,,,police ploy

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
do the police pull this around your area? we have asu near us with lots of student housing...police are called to a condo....or apartment.....people are partying hard inside the apartment...the police will come...ask the apartment owners to step outside....once they do that..they are on public property and are arrested for public drunkness....gestopo tactic or good police work...you be the judge.

It depends.

If the police officer has grounds for arrest when he or she invites the person outside because they don't want to get the shit kicked out of them where they are when they try and effect the arrest, it's sensible.

However if the intent is to get the off-his-face (or her face) big mouth outside to have them act like complete goats so they can be pinched for disorderly behaviour, then it's not good practice.

Have I done both?

Yes.

Shit does happen. I'm sorry but if you fuck with the cops they fuck you back. That's life, get used to it. :eusa_angel:

It depends.

If the police officer has grounds for arrest when he or she invites the person outside because they don't want to get the shit kicked out of them where they are when they try and effect the arrest, it's sensible.

However if the intent is to get the off-his-face (or her face) big mouth outside to have them act like complete goats so they can be pinched for disorderly behaviour, then it's not good practice.

Have I done both?

Yes.

Shit does happen. I'm sorry but if you fuck with the cops they fuck you back. That's life, get used to it. :eusa_angel:

People keep forgetting a very human fact, cops are people to. They have families and friends, and responsibilities which makes their safety important as well. Not to mention that they are the only people who have someone above them that they have to account for when they do something out of anger only ... people you bump into on the street don't.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
it is not illegal to be drunk in public here, it is not illegal to be under the influence while on anything as long as you do not have whatever that is on you. If you have any sort of thing in your hand they will kill you around here or tase the shit out of you.
I had a cop tell me that you can be under the influence in public while high on coke at event at the park I worked at, he gave being high off of coke as the first example. Of course the question was in regards to a drunk guy stumbling around the park. Just say I almost pissed my pants!

It depends.

Have I done both?

Yes.

People keep forgetting a very human fact, cops are people to. They have families and friends, and responsibilities which makes their safety important as well. Not to mention that they are the only people who have someone above them that they have to account for when they do something out of anger only ... people you bump into on the street don't.

And we have to win, never forget that.

it is not illegal to be drunk in public here, it is not illegal to be under the influence while on anything as long as you do not have whatever that is on you. If you have any sort of thing in your hand they will kill you around here or tase the shit out of you.
I had a cop tell me that you can be under the influence in public while high on coke at event at the park I worked at, he gave being high off of coke as the first example. Of course the question was in regards to a drunk guy stumbling around the park. Just say I almost pissed my pants!

Fair point, the police culture in a community will vary. I've only been to your area once, I was going to visit a community college and had nothing to do with the police there but I got the feeling it's a tough town.

Fair point, the police culture in a community will vary. I've only been to your area once, I was going to visit a community college and had nothing to do with the police there but I got the feeling it's a tough town.

A lot of it depends on how difficult it is for them to control the drug problems in the area. In Seattle they would rather catch them "red handed" as well, often letting people who smoke pot go, just to tail them to find the harder stuff.

i think it sucks diu...they mostly use these tactic on drunken college kids....i dont get in cops faces but i do not let them run over me either....its a thin line...

i do...when they are partying at home...then get lured outside by the cops with that step outside so we can talk bullshit....they are not out driving etc...why be on their asses...

i do...when they are partying at home...then get lured outside by the cops with that step outside so we can talk bullshit....they are not out driving etc...why be on their asses...

The problem is that most are not at their home, they are at a friend's home, get drunk, the drive home. Here they hang out at the bars, get drunk, then drive home. They are idiots, the more education people get the less thinking they do. They do drive drunk ... a lot.

do the police pull this around your area? we have asu near us with lots of student housing...police are called to a condo....or apartment.....people are partying hard inside the apartment...the police will come...ask the apartment owners to step outside....once they do that..they are on public property and are arrested for public drunkness....gestopo tactic or good police work...you be the judge.

Predatory policing.

The purpose of this is what exactly?

Tpo server and protect?

Of course not.

To make money for the state.

kitten i am talking about when they are drinking in their condo and apartments...the police get called....and then its all over..they get busted for public drunkness...cause they did as the cops ask..and stepped outside

The problem is that most are not at their home, they are at a friend's home, get drunk, the drive home. Here they hang out at the bars, get drunk, then drive home. They are idiots, the more education people get the less thinking they do. They do drive drunk ... a lot.

Then they should arrest the drunken drivers, KK...not people in their houses.

Preemptive police entrapment (which is what STroll is describing) is the crime the cops are committing against the citizens here, KK.

kitten i am talking about when they are drinking in their condo and apartments...the police get called....and then its all over..they get busted for public drunkness...cause they did as the cops ask..and stepped outside

:eusa_eh: Okay ... so someone complains about people breaking the noise ordinances, and somehow the cops just "know" they are college brats and arrest them just for that? Weird ... when did they start hiring psychics?

no , when the cops arrive at the condo...that is when they know they are students....and it is tricking someone who is doing what...making noise...into a public drunkness ticket

i dont get why you are being hard headed...again the cops realize when they get to the condo that its college kids....boone is a college town..

Why do that when you can just summons them for violating noise ordinances?

Speaking of arresting...do cops really like to make frivolous arrests like you describe? I would imagine that for each arrest there is a huge amount of paperwork to do. Not to mention the taxpayer's cost.

yea they do like to make them...gives them something to do....we got one highway patrolman pulling people and checking window tints....

Forum List

Back