Stem Cells suppress AIDS !

you want poor gay baby's to grow up untreated and engage in unhealthy lifestyles and substance abuse until they feel suicidial...and you call that compassion ?

Um ... substance abuse IS an unhealthy lifestyle, and most are straight people (at least in my area). Anyone who is abused as a child has suicidal tendencies, a friend in school who was straight killed themselves, found out it was because his father beat him every day for having a bum arm. Of course then you have to compare the rates with straight people who are abused to see THEY'RE EXACTLY THE SAME. Suicide is a psychological result of being oppressed or abused in most cases.

A woman passes an egg every month and you don't say anything. A man can lose trillions of sperm in his lifetime before actually impregnating a woman and you don't say anything. But once the egg and the sperm meet, BOOM?

News flash: Eggs and Sperm are a living organisms. Trillions of lives are killed by one man in his lifetime and yet you don't say anything. Billions of women pass eggs every month and you don't say anything. A zygote is no more complicated than a sperm and an egg.

Really? And I guess when you see flour, milk, and eggs sitting on a table, it's the very same thing as a cake. Before you catch salmonella eating those raw eggs, can I write a life insurance policy on you?

and you have no compassion for these poor souls...

I have compassion for gay people, that's why I help openly gay youth get protection from morons like you, especially their parents who are almost always abusive towards them once they come out. They commit suicide because of the abuse from everyone else, not because they hate themselves. If everyone else excepted them more they wouldn't be so ruined by the time they become adults and they wouldn't hate straight people as often either. Your stats are from very bad sources and are always misinterpreted by you.

Maybe these same parent would want them cured of their gayness? Since we are coming to the time of designer babies, I wonder how many parents would be happy that they had designed their perfect child and he comes out gay?

and you have no compassion for these poor souls...

I have compassion for gay people, that's why I help openly gay youth get protection from morons like you, especially their parents who are almost always abusive towards them once they come out. They commit suicide because of the abuse from everyone else, not because they hate themselves. If everyone else excepted them more they wouldn't be so ruined by the time they become adults and they wouldn't hate straight people as often either. Your stats are from very bad sources and are always misinterpreted by you.

Maybe these same parent would want them cured of their gayness? Since we are coming to the time of designer babies, I wonder how many parents would be happy that they had designed their perfect child and he comes out gay?

You are twisted, insanely so. 'Designer babies' would be more wrong ethically than loving someone of the same gender.

I agree. But both are near-possible today.

Designer babies: Creating the perfect child - CNN.com
Are “Designer Babies” on the Horizon?

If you are a fan of stem cell testing, you might as well support this. There IS a lot of good to come along with all the potential for immense misuse and corruption.

The idea of altering them for your own desires will result in more gay and TG people ... so while against it, the side effect will be funny because they will have to deal with more than they wanted to. However, there is a good idea in it, if they can remove certain genetic diseases that will cause suffering in the human ... so to that extent it's a good idea. Stem cell research however only means that they are trying to find a way to duplicate the effects of it, but people seem to only focus on how they get them and then only one of their techniques. Stem cells are basically cells without a job already, so they can be used to replace cells that died or are damaged. They already know how to use them, and are just exploring other uses, but the real research is in how to make them in large enough amounts without having to sacrifice more lives. Using the embryos for this is the same honor that organ donors receive, making the death that already happened worth something. The cells don't even need to come from abortions, many fetus' do not survive in the womb and are simply discarded by the body and a lot of those could be collected if they could find them before they are flushed down the toilet. Again though, those against stem cell research are just like the environazis trying to tell others how to live jut because they want to, not because it is really right or wrong.

The widespread usage of stem cells in the 21st century is going to be on the same level of the invention of penicillin in the mid 20th century and I would expect stem cells to save about the same number of lives.

Think of how many of us have had an infection in our lives and the doctor just gives us penicillin or a cousin of it. We think nothing of it.. we take it and within a few days feel better.

What if you could take stem cells in a pill in 100 years from now? The technology here has no bounds since these things can morph into anything you want them to. Got cancer? Cut the bad cells out and replace them with healthy stem cells.

Imagine curing cancer with the swallowing of two pills and call me in the morning.

And Bush suppressed this for 8 years.

Suppressed? Would you like to specify for us how "Bush suppressed" stem cell research? Was it when he didn't push for or even suggest any bills making it illegal for private funding to pursue any sort of stem cell research it wanted? Or was it when he became the first President to allow for any federal funding of embryonic stem cell research whatsoever?

Please elucidate.

So after reading the article, I cannot find an instance in which embryonic stem cells were used.

Also this will not become a standard treatment for aids due to the health risks involved in bone marrow transplants, but suggests that gene therapy might eventually be used instead.

So everyone can be happy with this result, a significant breakthrough was made in the study of a disease and not a single zygote was harmed.

Forgive me if I don't really see the problem.

A woman passes an egg every month and you don't say anything. A man can lose trillions of sperm in his lifetime before actually impregnating a woman and you don't say anything. But once the egg and the sperm meet, BOOM?

News flash: Eggs and Sperm are a living organisms. Trillions of lives are killed by one man in his lifetime and yet you don't say anything. Billions of women pass eggs every month and you don't say anything. A zygote is no more complicated than a sperm and an egg.

So really, where were you when you should have been in high school biology class?

Sperm and ova are NOT organisms, you ignoramus. They're cells. Please go get a first-level biology textbook, read up on the differences between cells, tissues, organs, and organisms, and then for the love of GOD don't open your flapping gob on uninformed swill like this post again. It makes me fear for the future of a country full of such uneducated mouthbreathers as you.

If Cecilie and eots were both to contract a deadly disease which could only be cured with stems cells, I wonder which one would win the knock down drag out fight over which one would get to be first in line for the treatment.

Eots would have his secret weapon: His hat. But neither would be any match for Cecille. If that woman can give birth to a 9 pound baby without blinking, she can take on pretty much anything.

you are simply projecting your own lack of courage and fear of death on to me...amd it speaks far more to your character than mine

I'm with you there. I wouldn't want my life if I had to take it at the cost of an innocent baby's life. Everyone dies eventually, and I don't want to meet my maker and have to explain why I was so reluctant to face Him that I killed someone else to postpone it.

Suppressed? Would you like to specify for us how "Bush suppressed" stem cell research? Was it when he didn't push for or even suggest any bills making it illegal for private funding to pursue any sort of stem cell research it wanted? Or was it when he became the first President to allow for any federal funding of embryonic stem cell research whatsoever?

Please elucidate.

Perhaps he refers to Bush's false claim that "more than sixty genetically diverse" embryonic stem cell lines existed in the summer of 2001? This falsehood (it was later reported that only eleven useful lines existed by the New York Times and affirmed by the director of the NIH) served to justify his position on the federal government only funding research on lines "where the life and death decision has already been made," a position that functioned as a significant impairment to research in that area.

That being said, I can't imagine what ethical ground Bush could have claimed for his fervent mentions of the protection of human embryos. Millions of embryos die in the United States each year as a result of natural processes. Since Bush claims that the protection of human embryos is such a critical priority, why did he never devote federal funds to research of this phenomenon, so that he might end this apparent genocide?

So really, where were you when you should have been in high school biology class?

Sperm and ova are NOT organisms, you ignoramus. They're cells. Please go get a first-level biology textbook, read up on the differences between cells, tissues, organs, and organisms, and then for the love of GOD don't open your flapping gob on uninformed swill like this post again. It makes me fear for the future of a country full of such uneducated mouthbreathers as you.

To clarify, O Biology Sage, where did vestigial organs come from? The Garden of Eden?

Forum List

Back