Stem Cells suppress AIDS !

If Cecilie and eots were both to contract a deadly disease which could only be cured with stems cells, I wonder which one would win the knock down drag out fight over which one would get to be first in line for the treatment.

So after reading the article, I cannot find an instance in which embryonic stem cells were used.

Also this will not become a standard treatment for aids due to the health risks involved in bone marrow transplants, but suggests that gene therapy might eventually be used instead.

So everyone can be happy with this result, a significant breakthrough was made in the study of a disease and not a single zygote was harmed.

Forgive me if I don't really see the problem.

Exactly.

Actually, it will be a "Victory" for religion and morality.

Scientists are being forced to find other ways to achieve their goals and not violate morality.

:lol:

I always laugh when I hear morality as an argument against embryonic stem cells.

Which is more moral?

Disposing of an aborted embryo in today's garbage or harvesting its cells to save possibly dozens of people's lives.

ya not putting those dead baby parts to use...would be like killing a woman and not raping and eating her corpse afterwords

See, killing, raping and eating... does not benefit humanity.

Stem cells do!

So after reading the article, I cannot find an instance in which embryonic stem cells were used.

Also this will not become a standard treatment for aids due to the health risks involved in bone marrow transplants, but suggests that gene therapy might eventually be used instead.

So everyone can be happy with this result, a significant breakthrough was made in the study of a disease and not a single zygote was harmed.

Forgive me if I don't really see the problem.

A woman passes an egg every month and you don't say anything. A man can lose trillions of sperm in his lifetime before actually impregnating a woman and you don't say anything. But once the egg and the sperm meet, BOOM?

News flash: Eggs and Sperm are a living organisms. Trillions of lives are killed by one man in his lifetime and yet you don't say anything. Billions of women pass eggs every month and you don't say anything. A zygote is no more complicated than a sperm and an egg.

If Cecilie and eots were both to contract a deadly disease which could only be cured with stems cells, I wonder which one would win the knock down drag out fight over which one would get to be first in line for the treatment.

Eots would have his secret weapon: His hat. But neither would be any match for Cecille. If that woman can give birth to a 9 pound baby without blinking, she can take on pretty much anything.

A woman passes an egg every month and you don't say anything. A man can lose trillions of sperm in his lifetime before actually impregnating a woman and you don't say anything. But once the egg and the sperm meet, BOOM?

News flash: Eggs and Sperm are a living organisms. Trillions of lives are killed by one man in his lifetime and yet you don't say anything. Billions of women pass eggs every month and you don't say anything. A zygote is no more complicated than a sperm and an egg.

The bolded is not technically correct. An egg is unicellular and haploid, a zygote is multi-cellular and diploid.

Also you assume my stance on stem cell research when my post did nothing to indicate my views either way.

Eots would have his secret weapon: His hat. But neither would be any match for Cecille. If that woman can give birth to a 9 pound baby without blinking, she can take on pretty much anything.

you are simply projecting your own lack of courage and fear of death on to me...amd it speaks far more to your character than mine

wow the future so bright now under Obama a newly married lesbian couple could get there gay friend Bruce dying of aids to artificial inseminate one of the with 2 embryo and one they could abort and give as thanks to Bruce and supple him with the fresh fetus he needs to live ...while the other they could carry to term as there lesbian love child and 9 months later they can all.. gay parade.. with the leathermen and transexuals .. proudly down main street..pushing the buggy... man could it get any better !

there will be no need for aborted fetuses in the future, scientist have Bypassed Need for Embryo to Get Stem Cells. its just a matter of time before it can be done in humans. you see while america was in moral panic about stem cells thinking god was going to strke them down, the rest of the world is quitetly sorting it all out. another victory for science over religious nutters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/science/21stem.html
Actually, it will be a "Victory" for religion and morality.

Scientists are being forced to find other ways to achieve their goals and not violate morality.

If the religious nuts weren't trying to stop the funding of this we woud be way further down the line, and way past any morale arguments, but just like in the past religion seeks to suppress the creativity of man in order to weald its control over it subdued followers. just like the burning of Galileo, and now the pope apologises and they have an observatory in the vatigan. don't try and claim a monoploy on morality, morality is inhearent and throughout nature. the biggest crimes against morality where caried out by the church so don't even!

This is kinda funny, you'd think that all the people who like to have unprotected sex would actually ba happy ANYTHING could fight AIDs ...

maybe they could kill two birds with one stone and find a stem cell that cures gayness

Why do you think they want to be "cured"?

their high suicide rate,...

There's a high suicide rate among gay teens.

But I think that's more a function of having to deal with lovely people who call them "abominations" and tell them they should change because G-d wants them to.

Why do you think they want to be "cured"?

But I think that's more a function of having to deal with lovely people who call them "abominations" and tell them they should change because G-d wants them to.

no..its thier over all self destructive life style and substace abuse...if we can cure them ...we should...

HIV/AIDS and methamphetamine still our top priority
by Robert DeKoven
Published Thursday, 17-Jul-2008 in issue 1073
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reminded us last week that public health issues among young gay men remain our biggest challenge.
The CDC reported that diagnoses of HIV and AIDS in gay men rose markedly from 2001 to 2006. It declined in other groups. The increase in infection was highest among males ages 13 to 24, with an annual increase of 12.4 percent (compared with 1.5 percent for men overall).
“It means roughly speaking that about half of the American AIDS epidemic is occurring among a few percent of the adult population. And the terrible trends we’re seeing among white gay men are even amplified further among minority men,” Dr. Robert Stall, an epidemiologist, told The New York Times.
In simple terms, young gay men (13-24) are becoming infected at a rate 10 times higher than gay men older than 24.
This is simple to explain. Those of us who experienced the beginning of the epidemic in the ’80s saw firsthand the effects of HIV infection. We didn’t have Pride parades; they were death marches, with the majority of parade entries consisting of various AIDS organizations.
So we among the older GLBT community know how important it is to take what precautions we can against contracting the disease. But young people are more complacent. They believe the disease can be managed with medications. As a result, young gay males today are more willing to participate in “risky sexual behaviors,” the CDC says, adding, “some [young] MSM may mistakenly believe that they or their partners are not infectious when they take antiretroviral medication or when they have low or undetectable viral loads.”
But the side effects (and costs) of medication are hardly benign. And although the disease isn’t as visible, that doesn’t mean the gay community is devoid of AIDS: A cure for the disease is elusive; there’s no vaccine to prevent it, and a condom is still the best preventive measure we have.
Methamphetamine use is equally as vicious a problem

GLT » Beyond the Briefs

no..its thier over all self destructive life style and substace abuse...if we can cure them ...we should...

HIV/AIDS and methamphetamine still our top priority
by Robert DeKoven
Published Thursday, 17-Jul-2008 in issue 1073
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reminded us last week that public health issues among young gay men remain our biggest challenge.
The CDC reported that diagnoses of HIV and AIDS in gay men rose markedly from 2001 to 2006. It declined in other groups. The increase in infection was highest among males ages 13 to 24, with an annual increase of 12.4 percent (compared with 1.5 percent for men overall).
“It means roughly speaking that about half of the American AIDS epidemic is occurring among a few percent of the adult population. And the terrible trends we’re seeing among white gay men are even amplified further among minority men,” Dr. Robert Stall, an epidemiologist, told The New York Times.
In simple terms, young gay men (13-24) are becoming infected at a rate 10 times higher than gay men older than 24.
This is simple to explain. Those of us who experienced the beginning of the epidemic in the ’80s saw firsthand the effects of HIV infection. We didn’t have Pride parades; they were death marches, with the majority of parade entries consisting of various AIDS organizations.
So we among the older GLBT community know how important it is to take what precautions we can against contracting the disease. But young people are more complacent. They believe the disease can be managed with medications. As a result, young gay males today are more willing to participate in “risky sexual behaviors,” the CDC says, adding, “some [young] MSM may mistakenly believe that they or their partners are not infectious when they take antiretroviral medication or when they have low or undetectable viral loads.”
But the side effects (and costs) of medication are hardly benign. And although the disease isn’t as visible, that doesn’t mean the gay community is devoid of AIDS: A cure for the disease is elusive; there’s no vaccine to prevent it, and a condom is still the best preventive measure we have.
Methamphetamine use is equally as vicious a problem

GLT » Beyond the Briefs

On this topic Eots, you are an idiot.

and you have no compassion for these poor souls...

I have compassion for gay people, that's why I help openly gay youth get protection from morons like you, especially their parents who are almost always abusive towards them once they come out. They commit suicide because of the abuse from everyone else, not because they hate themselves. If everyone else excepted them more they wouldn't be so ruined by the time they become adults and they wouldn't hate straight people as often either. Your stats are from very bad sources and are always misinterpreted by you.

and you have no compassion for these poor souls...

I have compassion for gay people, that's why I help openly gay youth get protection from morons like you, especially their parents who are almost always abusive towards them once they come out. They commit suicide because of the abuse from everyone else, not because they hate themselves. If everyone else excepted them more they wouldn't be so ruined by the time they become adults and they wouldn't hate straight people as often either. Your stats are from very bad sources and are always misinterpreted by you.

my stats where from the gay and lesbian times because that accusation is always made when it is any other source...ha ha

Forum List

Back