Stem Cells suppress AIDS !

I'm sorry, but why would I waste my time reading a source that I just got done telling you was beneath contempt as such? Did I not make that clear when I requested that you post a REAL source?

Actually, I don't think ANY motivation makes killing defenseless humans moral or acceptable, nor do I think such mental gymnastics make the valuing of animals over humans any less callous, insane or reprehensible.

By the way, you don't really think I'm going to let you get away with pretending that I only mentioned cosmetic research, do you? Nice try, but no dice. Is it okey-dokey with you if we use Fido and Bugs for medical testing, or is that just too cruel?

Oh, I'm sure you know more than the World Health Organization, National Instute of Health, Center for Disease Control. :cuckoo:

In some cases the end justifies the means and in others it doesn't.

Do you think it's good news this man in the OP has been HIV free for two years, and his leukemia disappeared...? His successful bone marrow treatment was available due to extensive stem cell research. I think that's great news!

do you like to spread fetus products on your face to keep it baby soft as well.....

I'd have to check, but I believe using fetal tissue in cosmetics has been illegal for a while. I remember a big stink about it twenty years or so ago, at which point cosmetic companies began acquiring their collagen from other sources.

Oh, I'm sure you know more than the World Health Organization, National Instute of Health, Center for Disease Control. :cuckoo:

I can't tell you how impressed I am by your ability to randomly name governmental and quasi-governmental agencies. However, that proves nothing about whether or not embryos are or are not babies.

In some cases the end justifies the means and in others it doesn't.

Spoken like someone who wouldn't know a moral center if it crawled up her pants leg and bit her on the left butt cheek.

Do you think it's good news this man in the OP has been HIV free for two years, and his leukemia disappeared...? His successful bone marrow treatment was available due to extensive stem cell research. I think that's great news!

Do you think you could possibly stay on topic and stop digressing in an attempt to obfuscate? Do YOU think that the man who is HIV-free got that way through killing embryos? No? Then I will thank you very cordially to stop waving him in my face like a flag in your sad attempts to justify a completely different and unrelated medical issue.

It never fails. You object to embryonic stem cell research, and ignorant leftists start wailing about advances in ADULT stem cell research, as though everyone is as stupid as they are and will believe that all stem cell research is the same thing. It's exactly like objecting to abortion and having them dive for safety behind the skirts of rape and incest victims, as though we're all stupid and liberal enough to pretend that every one of the millions of women getting abortions every year was impregnated by her own daddy.

If nothing else demonstrates how utterly vacuous and uninformed leftist positions really are, their need to lie about what's being discussed would do it.

I can't tell you how impressed I am by your ability to randomly name governmental and quasi-governmental agencies. However, that proves nothing about whether or not embryos are or are not babies.

Spoken like someone who wouldn't know a moral center if it crawled up her pants leg and bit her on the left butt cheek.

Do you think you could possibly stay on topic and stop digressing in an attempt to obfuscate? Do YOU think that the man who is HIV-free got that way through killing embryos? No? Then I will thank you very cordially to stop waving him in my face like a flag in your sad attempts to justify a completely different and unrelated medical issue.

It never fails. You object to embryonic stem cell research, and ignorant leftists start wailing about advances in ADULT stem cell research, as though everyone is as stupid as they are and will believe that all stem cell research is the same thing. It's exactly like objecting to abortion and having them dive for safety behind the skirts of rape and incest victims, as though we're all stupid and liberal enough to pretend that every one of the millions of women getting abortions every year was impregnated by her own daddy.

If nothing else demonstrates how utterly vacuous and uninformed leftist positions really are, their need to lie about what's being discussed would do it.

The only one wailing is you. Try reading instead.

The only one wailing is you. Try reading instead.

Oh, honey, that wasn't even a good try at avoidance. That was just pathetic. If you can't answer the points - and it's not like we don't all know you can't - just say so. You're making me embarrassed for you.

Plastic surgeons are also concerned about the delay in introducing regulations to control the cosmetic treatments industry. Norman Waterhouse, a former president of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, said: "I am surprised that we are taking the lead from the European commission, because this is bound to delay action on this important area which is increasingly a matter for concern. It seems like a bit of a cop out to me."

It is unclear whether any of the "aesthetic fillers" such as collagen available in the UK or on the internet are supplied by the company, which cannot be identified for legal reasons. It is also unclear whether collagen made from prisoners' skin is in the research stage or is in production. However, the Guardian has learned that the company has exported collagen products to the UK in the past. An agent told customers it had also exported to the US and European countries, and that it was trying to develop fillers using tissue from aborted fetuses

The beauty products from the skin of executed Chinese prisoners | Science | The Guardian

It seems distasteful, but thousands of women have already done it and it is organized by a seemingly respectable British clinic and carried out in Rotterdam, Holland, where rules regarding stem-cell therapies are less strict.

The clinics, many of which are located in tourist destinations, are unregulated by any international body. There are 50 clinics in Moscow, including the Cellulite Clinic. Complications are hushed up, Blakemore said.

"This savage and repulsive 'brave new world' of human sacrifices in the quest for eternal youth is a prime example of the end results when all moral boundaries are destroyed," said Dr. Janice Shaw Crouse of Concerned Women for America. (Steven Ertelt, LifeNews.com 8/8/06).

In sum, is this not part of a larger moral precipice of whole trafficking in humans, human parts (Chinese organ transplants, etc.), cloning for desirable features, prostitution and a lucrative underground in aborted fetuses and stem cells from human embryos? What next – the use of fertility drugs to create more embryos and thus get more bang for the black market buck?

Abuses such as these should strongly encourage the nation and world to rethink and re-debate the controversial new world of stem-cell research.

Editor's Note: Michael Arnold Glueck, M.D., wrote this week's commentary.

Fetuses Harvested for Cosmetic Procedures

It seems distasteful, but thousands of women have already done it and it is organized by a seemingly respectable British clinic and carried out in Rotterdam, Holland, where rules regarding stem-cell therapies are less strict.

The clinics, many of which are located in tourist destinations, are unregulated by any international body. There are 50 clinics in Moscow, including the Cellulite Clinic. Complications are hushed up, Blakemore said.

"This savage and repulsive 'brave new world' of human sacrifices in the quest for eternal youth is a prime example of the end results when all moral boundaries are destroyed," said Dr. Janice Shaw Crouse of Concerned Women for America. (Steven Ertelt, LifeNews.com 8/8/06).

In sum, is this not part of a larger moral precipice of whole trafficking in humans, human parts (Chinese organ transplants, etc.), cloning for desirable features, prostitution and a lucrative underground in aborted fetuses and stem cells from human embryos? What next – the use of fertility drugs to create more embryos and thus get more bang for the black market buck?

Abuses such as these should strongly encourage the nation and world to rethink and re-debate the controversial new world of stem-cell research.

Editor's Note: Michael Arnold Glueck, M.D., wrote this week's commentary.

Fetuses Harvested for Cosmetic Procedures

Generally speaking, when I refer to something as being illegal, I mean in the US unless I specify otherwise.

But you've certainly clarified yet another excellent reason why we don't really want to follow the high, shining moral example of our European brethren. In fact, I have yet to see any reason why we would want to let them provide moral guidance on anything.

Generally speaking, when I refer to something as being illegal, I mean in the US unless I specify otherwise.

But you've certainly clarified yet another excellent reason why we don't really want to follow the high, shining moral example of our European brethren. In fact, I have yet to see any reason why we would want to let them provide moral guidance on anything.

yes indeed,,that's the beauty of globalization and trade with china... a business or market that finds any of this standards health..safety ..morality or human rights to be a bother can just set up shop else where

Please do a search for:

Open Federal Funding for Stem Cell Research - The Petition Site & sign - less than 3,000 to reach goal.

Sorry this site will not let me post direct link yet

Thank You!
Taimie

The widespread usage of stem cells in the 21st century is going to be on the same level of the invention of penicillin in the mid 20th century and I would expect stem cells to save about the same number of lives.

Think of how many of us have had an infection in our lives and the doctor just gives us penicillin or a cousin of it. We think nothing of it.. we take it and within a few days feel better.

What if you could take stem cells in a pill in 100 years from now? The technology here has no bounds since these things can morph into anything you want them to. Got cancer? Cut the bad cells out and replace them with healthy stem cells.

Imagine curing cancer with the swallowing of two pills and call me in the morning.

And Bush suppressed this for 8 years.

wow the future so bright now under Obama a newly married lesbian couple could get there gay friend Bruce dying of aids to artificial inseminate one of the with 2 embryo and one they could abort and give as thanks to Bruce and supple him with the fresh fetus he needs to live ...while the other they could carry to term as there lesbian love child and 9 months later they can all.. gay parade.. with the leathermen and transexuals .. proudly down main street..pushing the buggy... man could it get any better !

there will be no need for aborted fetuses in the future, scientist have Bypassed Need for Embryo to Get Stem Cells. its just a matter of time before it can be done in humans. you see while america was in moral panic about stem cells thinking god was going to strke them down, the rest of the world is quitetly sorting it all out. another victory for science over religious nutters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/science/21stem.html

wow the future so bright now under Obama a newly married lesbian couple could get there gay friend Bruce dying of aids to artificial inseminate one of the with 2 embryo and one they could abort and give as thanks to Bruce and supple him with the fresh fetus he needs to live ...while the other they could carry to term as there lesbian love child and 9 months later they can all.. gay parade.. with the leathermen and transexuals .. proudly down main street..pushing the buggy... man could it get any better !

there will be no need for aborted fetuses in the future, scientist have Bypassed Need for Embryo to Get Stem Cells. its just a matter of time before it can be done in humans. you see while america was in moral panic about stem cells thinking god was going to strke them down, the rest of the world is quitetly sorting it all out. another victory for science over religious nutters.

Actually, it will be a "Victory" for religion and morality.

Scientists are being forced to find other ways to achieve their goals and not violate morality.

Scientists are being forced to find other ways to achieve their goals and not violate morality.

:lol:

I always laugh when I hear morality as an argument against embryonic stem cells.

Which is more moral?

Disposing of an aborted embryo in today's garbage or harvesting its cells to save possibly dozens of people's lives.

:lol:

I always laugh when I hear morality as an argument against embryonic stem cells.

Which is more moral?

Disposing of an aborted embryo in today's garbage or harvesting its cells to save possibly dozens of people's lives.

ya not putting those dead baby parts to use...would be like killing a woman and not raping and eating her corpse afterwords

I always laugh when I hear morality as an argument against embryonic stem cells
Judging by the hundreds of posts I have read that you have posted DavidS.

Morality isn't one of your strong points :evil:

So after reading the article, I cannot find an instance in which embryonic stem cells were used.

Also this will not become a standard treatment for aids due to the health risks involved in bone marrow transplants, but suggests that gene therapy might eventually be used instead.

So everyone can be happy with this result, a significant breakthrough was made in the study of a disease and not a single zygote was harmed.

Forgive me if I don't really see the problem.

Forum List

Back