Stem Cell Research

In November of 2006, the Anchorage Daily News described Palin's positions on social issues in a story wrapping up the governor's race:

"A significant part of Palin's base of support lies among social and Christian conservatives. Her positions on social issues emerged slowly during the campaign: on abortion (should be banned for anything other than saving the life of the mother), stem cell research (opposed), physician-assisted suicide (opposed), creationism (should be discussed in schools), state health benefits for same-sex partners (opposed, and supports a constitutional amendment to bar them)."

I also found this on a christian blog that supports her not some liberal rant!

Articles of Faith Michael Paulson's Articles of Faith Blog

no, they are not against stem cell research
that is a total lie
and iuf you think its true you are delusional
they oppose embryonic stem cell research, and there IS a huge difference
all the current treatments in stem cells are from ADULT stem cells
and they can do things to the adult stem cells that will make them react like the embryonic

Even the leading scientist in field still believe we need ESR. And by the way McCain supports this issue!

The concept of using public funds to pay for shit that is not only well beyond the Constitutional mandate but deeply offensive to many Americans, not to mention scientifically bogus, is apparently beyond you and these other liberals.
And should there be less funding for alzheimer research also, public funding was cut by ten million dollars by your Bush!

And should there be less funding for alzheimer research also, public funding was cut by ten million dollars by your Bush!
proof of this "cut"
that the actual dollar amount was lower not just that the rate of increase was reduced

My Bush? I'm on record here many times saying that he's a better politician than a conservative.
they dont seem to understand that just because someone is "more" conservative than the one they are running against, doesnt always make them a conservative

proof of this "cut"
that the actual dollar amount was lower not just that the rate of increase was reduced
It is actually worse then I thought!
But the future isn’t so positive for the rest of the nation. Experts say federal funding for Alzheimer’s research has been slashed $100 million in the last four years – and it could get worse. The House Appropriations committee is expected to cut funding again, by $7 million this year alone. Expert and book author David Shenk sees an irreversible trend in the research field.

At the rate of increase is actually higher, think about it the baby boomer generation is at the age or approaching the age of developing alzheimer so do the math and last time I checked there is no cure. And that is just alzheimer which just one of the many form of dementia!

KPBS > News > Local News

It is actually worse then I thought!
But the future isn’t so positive for the rest of the nation. Experts say federal funding for Alzheimer’s research has been slashed $100 million in the last four years – and it could get worse. The House Appropriations committee is expected to cut funding again, by $7 million this year alone. Expert and book author David Shenk sees an irreversible trend in the research field.

At the rate of increase is actually higher, think about it the baby boomer generation is at the age or approaching the age of developing alzheimer so do the math and last time I checked there is no cure. And that is just alzheimer which just one of the many form of dementia!

KPBS > News > Local News
i couldnt find the part where it showed and actual decrease in funding, if it is in that link, would you copy & paste it?

i couldnt find the part where it showed and actual decrease in funding, if it is in that link, would you copy & paste it?
Alzheimer News 2/5/2007
News Release 4/16/2007

And read the first part of my other quote where it states Alzheimer funding was slashed by $100 million over the last four years. I was wrong about the ten million but I think $25 million a year and seven more this year is not good. SOme of it Bush's fault and some congress I do admit. Either way especially read the second article and the cost of alzheimer's on medicare!

Experts say federal funding for Alzheimer’s research has been slashed $100 million in the last four years – and it could get worse. The House Appropriations committee is expected to cut funding again, by $7 million this year alone.

Funny... sounds like the DEM congress

Experts say federal funding for Alzheimer’s research has been slashed $100 million in the last four years – and it could get worse. The House Appropriations committee is expected to cut funding again, by $7 million this year alone.

Funny... sounds like the DEM congress
Didn't I say that at the end!
Read the first article I posted, it isn't all dems either. Plus this should be a non partisan issue!

Alzheimer News 2/5/2007
News Release 4/16/2007

And read the first part of my other quote where it states Alzheimer funding was slashed by $100 million over the last four years. I was wrong about the ten million but I think $25 million a year and seven more this year is not good. SOme of it Bush's fault and some congress I do admit. Either way especially read the second article and the cost of alzheimer's on medicare!
thats DC talk
saying it is a cut when its a reduction in the increase, i'm talking the actual amount of funding, in dollars
was it reduced in 2006 from the budgeted amount in 2005, for example
so far, i dont see any evidence presented that it has been
i can remember the crys in the 80's that Reagan was going to "starve kids and make the elderly eat dog food" because he reduced the amount of the increase to some programs, not actually spent less, but not as much as some wanted
thats NOT a true cut, a cut is where you actually spend less the next year than you did the previous year

Well... most like to push it in the 'But, but, but BUSH' schema of things... and i really don't see where this is Bush's doing at all... as it is stated right in the article, it is on the committee within congress...

I'm a huge proponent of charitable support for worthwhile charities such as this... but in the scheme of things, I am not all that terribly upset that the government cuts some research funding... the government really is not a charity service....

Well... most like to push it in the 'But, but, but BUSH' schema of things... and i really don't see where this is Bush's doing at all... as it is stated right in the article, it is on the committee within congress...

I'm a huge proponent of charitable support for worthwhile charities such as this... but in the scheme of things, I am not all that terribly upset that the government cuts some research funding... the government really is not a charity service....
Wow! You are a heartless bastard and Alzheimer's research is not a charity!
Read the other two I posted dipshit especially the second one where it states it will cost medicare $400 billion dollars in about 22 years which is about the size of the current medicare budget. And this the beginning of the first article!

Alzheimer’s Association Statement on President Bush’s FY ’08 Budget Proposal
The president’s budget for 2008 continues a dangerous trend of cutting funding for scientific research and essential services to individuals with debilitating and fatal diseases, such as Alzheimer’s.

I am sure you feel this is not a just a charitable issue when of your family members developes the disease!

Read the other two I posted dipshit especially the second one where it states it will cost medicare $400 billion dollars in about 22 years which is about the size of the current medicare budget. And this the beginning of the first article!

The president’s budget for 2008 continues a dangerous trend of cutting funding for scientific research and essential services to individuals with debilitating and fatal diseases, such as Alzheimer’s.

I am sure you feel this is not a just a charitable issue when of your family members developes the disease!
again, you cite a "cut in funding" but they never say what the funding level was, or what it is going to be in the next budget
why is that?
could it be bacuse there is no actual cut?
again, like Dave, i support research, and i wouldnt like it to be cut for such a worthy cause
but please show me the actual cut

thats DC talk
saying it is a cut when its a reduction in the increase, i'm talking the actual amount of funding, in dollars
was it reduced in 2006 from the budgeted amount in 2005, for example
so far, i dont see any evidence presented that it has been
i can remember the crys in the 80's that Reagan was going to "starve kids and make the elderly eat dog food" because he reduced the amount of the increase to some programs, not actually spent less, but not as much as some wanted
thats NOT a true cut, a cut is where you actually spend less the next year than you did the previous year
21 Astounding Facts And Figures About Alzheimer's Disease

In the middle of the article it states how it spent less in 2007 then in 2006 and what the funding is compared to funding in research for other disease or just google alzheimer's funding and research there are many article on this.

Medical research is indeed a charity....

I have had family members suffering from other diseases.. and I gave (and still give) readily to those charities, even though those family members are long gone...

Does not mean I am heartless, does not mean that it is not and should not be a concern...

21 Astounding Facts And Figures About Alzheimer's Disease

In the middle of the article it states how it spent less in 2007 then in 2006 and what the funding is compared to funding in research for other disease or just google alzheimer's funding and research there are many article on this.
hmmm

Funding for Alzheimer research peaked at $658 million in 2003. Since Congress completed the doubling of NIH

if it "peaked" at $658 MILLION in 2003(Bush POTUS) and is currently at $645 MILLION(still a lot of money) it sure hasnt dropped much

but tanks for try to post some facts, but i finally decided to find for myself since none of your links ACTUALLY told me

http://www.alz.org/publicpolicyforum/08/downloads/Federal_Funding_Alz_%20Research.doc

Forum List

Back