Stem-cell morality

It more accurately boils down to calling the baking aisle at a grocery store a cake.

What does cake mix make? Donuts?

When human females give birth, do they deliver:

a. giraffes

b. orangutans

c. Longhorn cattle

d. possums

e. human children

Claiming it is not human because it is not fully formed is dishonestly defning a unborn human being for the sake of legitimizing an act of murder.

What does cake mix make? Donuts?

When human females give birth, do they deliver:

a. giraffes

b. orangutans

c. Longhorn cattle

d. possums

e. human children

Claiming it is not human because it is not fully formed is dishonestly defning a unborn human being for the sake of legitimizing an act of murder.

No, it's recognizing the fact that a cluster of cells with no brain, no organs, no central nervous system, no skeletal structure, etc meets no sane person's criteria for a human being. I'm not arguing that the embryo doesn't have the potential to become a human being. Somewhere during the pregnancy, the potential is reached. I don't know exactly when that is, but I am not so unreasonable as to insist it happens at conception.

No, it's recognizing the fact that a cluster of cells with no brain, no organs, no central nervous system, no skeletal structure, etc meets no sane person's criteria for a human being. I'm not arguing that the embryo doesn't have the potential to become a human being. Somewhere during the pregnancy, the potential is reached. I don't know exactly when that is, but I am not so unreasonable as to insist it happens at conception.

It meets that "sane" person's criteria if they are calling it what it is; regardless the stage of formation it is in. You can't make soup without the veggies, and everything and everyone starts out with a single cell. That it is not yet three or more cells in no way means it still is not what it is.

As you have just posted, you are basing your argument on an unknown -- you don't know when it reaches its potential to be a human being.

My argument is that it is a human being in the making from conception on.

While I accept the fact that it boils down to opinion with no real fact to back it up, where human life is concerned I choose to err on the side of life.

You are committing yourself to "death" with a BIG "X factor" in the middle of your justification.

Forum List

Back