Steelers To Win

Yes, but a typical game goes ~3 hours. Add an extra hour for a 30 min halftime and some extra commercial space and you're at ~10:30...
I think the NFL has an obligation to box-up & clear-out all o' the heart-attack cases, before the awards-ceremony....

casket-600-1311.jpg

....and, they're gonna NEED to roll-in some CRANES, this year, to get the job done!!!!

Eagles+fans+trash+Packers+fan%2527s.jpg

I prefer to go with big game experience over a hot QB. Rodgers should do well playing indoors but Pitt will take away his running game. Too many passes and too many hits in the pocket leads to mistakes.
Look for Troy Palamalu to make a pick six

Steelers 28
Pack. 17
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DAMN!!!!

Had yourself a moment o'

C L A R I T Y

huh?????

Logic tells me to pick the Green Bay Packers tonight.

Logic compares the Packers winging it around on an indoor carpet to gasoline spreading on a sheet of fire. Aaron Rodgers is the NFL's best indoor passer over the past three seasons (111.1 rating in 12 games), and in their most recent appearance under a roof, the Packers scorched a very good Atlanta team.

Logic loves Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews in any matchup on the outer edges of the Steelers' blocking schemes and kinda likes freight-train nose tackle B.J. Raji on the inside, too.

Logic believes Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders when he says the Packers' cornerbacks (Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams) can effectively utilize a physical, in-your-face style against the Steelers' receivers.

Logic also is inclined to agree with another Hall of Fame defensive back, Rod Woodson, when he says the Packers have the rare ability to spread out and dice up the Steelers, a la the New England Patriots, and bury them in a barrage of short- and medium-range passes.

Logic has seen enough of Rodgers to know he can take a licking and keep on flicking and, if need be, convert first downs on the run, thereby hurting the Steelers even on plays when Dick LeBeau makes the right call.

Finally, logic argues that the Steelers' experience is countered by the Packers' relative youth and hunger. Green Bay has only one player (ex-Steelers practice-squader John Kuhn) with a Super Bowl ring. Logic points out — with a hint of arrogance, I must say — that the Saints and Giants proved in recent years that championship experience is overrated in the Super Bowl.

So, yes, in many ways the Packers are the logical pick.

And I can't bring myself to pick them.

Troy Polamalu and Ben Roethlisberger won't let me."

Last edited:
Five Reasons Steelers Will

WIN XLV

1. Experience

2. Troy Polamalu

3. Steelers run game

4. Roethlisberger's ability to extend plays

5. LaMarr Woodley

* Details *

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited

Two class organizations. Packers are younger and hungrier. They also have the best QB and a fantastic defense. Packers will win. Look for Big Ben's magic to run out. He will make the BIG mistake in this one.

Experience always makes a difference in the "Big Game." The Steelers have a ton more than Greenbay. I say:

Steelers 28
Packers 21

thats why i cant believe the packers are favored especially since there is no better big game quarterback then Big Ben.

I prefer to go with big game experience over a hot QB. Rodgers should do well playing indoors but Pitt will take away his running game. Too many passes and too many hits in the pocket leads to mistakes.
Look for Troy Palamalu to make a pick six

Steelers 28
Pack. 17

my thoughts exactly.

It was a good game. Glad it was not a blow out, but I am so happy that Pittsburgh came up on the short end this time around... that comes from a SF Bay Area fan of both the Raiders and the Niners.

I honestly expected the Steelers to come away victorious today, but it is so nice to be wrong! :razz:

Immie

I do believe I tried to tell you that Green Bay would win by less than 10.

In fact I believe I said it before the Packers Bears Game, that the Pack would beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl...

But that's ok, don't listen to me. (It was only a lucky guess to tell the truth)

Forum List

Back