Steelers head coach shitting on players FA rights

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
NFL national anthem flap sees Steelers coach Mike Tomlin rap Alejandro Villanueva

For Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, being “respectful of our football team” trumped the right of Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva to show respect for the national anthem.

A former Army Ranger, Villanueva was the only Steeler to break from the team's orders and come out of the tunnel Sunday in Chicago to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner."

Speaking after his team's 23-17 loss to the Bears, Tomlin appeared to take a swipe at the Bronze Star recipient's decision.

“Like I said, I was looking for 100 percent participation, we were gonna be respectful of our football team,” Tomlin said.

-----
LOL

NFL national anthem flap sees Steelers coach Mike Tomlin rap Alejandro Villanueva

For Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, being “respectful of our football team” trumped the right of Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva to show respect for the national anthem.

A former Army Ranger, Villanueva was the only Steeler to break from the team's orders and come out of the tunnel Sunday in Chicago to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner."

Speaking after his team's 23-17 loss to the Bears, Tomlin appeared to take a swipe at the Bronze Star recipient's decision.

“Like I said, I was looking for 100 percent participation, we were gonna be respectful of our football team,” Tomlin said.

-----
LOL
Fuck Tomlin, fire his ass too.

-----
LOL
There was one other member of the team who didn't hide in the tunnel, that was Tomlin. Too balless to join the stupid protest?

I understand his position as coach, and in some respects it's fair to all sides, but really, a man wants to stand for the anthem of his country for which he has risked his life. Coach should have just not responded to any questions or addressed it, because in fact, he knows it's the right thing to do. he should have just said "next question". If he has something to say, address it behind closed doors with his player.

Oh, and good for Villanueva, I would pick up his jersey but I am already a converted Cowboy fan. Looking for a Jerry Jones jersey with wear.

God Bless America! Stand and be proud of your nation!

Sales of Villanueva jerseys SKYROCKETED. Do not fall for the liberal media spin and race baiting opinions of a handful of people, they do NOT represent the American people.

Sales of Villanueva jerseys SKYROCKETED. Do not fall for the liberal media spin and race baiting opinions of a handful of people, they do NOT represent the American people.
I would go buy his jersey but part of the proceeds go to the NFL and the Steelers. Right now both can go to Hell and I am a long time fan of both.

I would go buy his jersey but part of the proceeds go to the NFL and the Steelers. Right now both can go to Hell and I am a long time fan of both.

The Steelers have been our family's team for decades, right now they are on our shit list for disrespecting the American flag and the American people.

-----
LOL

Look, I am about as close to the Steeler action as one can be, and while the Steelers can be criticized at many levels, and I agree that Tomlin is a bum of a poor coach, he did NOT rap Villanueva. That is pure media bullshit. To his credit, Tomlin did not want the team to get caught up in the politics of Kapernick's issues, nor to have it divide the team, so since everyone could not agree on a position, the decision was made to stay in the locker-room and avoid the Pledge issue altogether, but Villanueva is an Army Ranger and is not going to hear of that, so the decision was made for he alone to stand outside in respect of the flag while everyone else stood right behind him in the tunnel. Both Mike and the players all respected his decision and I feel it was a good decision as well.

Too late--- your tax dollars already went to the NFL to put this fake patriotism charade on in the first place.

John McCain and Jeff Flake called out that scandal. They sent three-quarters of a million bucks back too. No word on when we all get our rebates.

Funny that nobody wants to acknowledge that scandal innit?

Rather sad that Alejandro Villanueva was only one on the Steelers that had to balls to stand up to Tomlin's boycott of the anthem.

And while on the topic of coaches, I can't let the opportunity to slip concerning the best ever anthem performance by a coach (NBA's Mo Cheeks) when he came to the aid of a young singer who soon began to struggled to get through the song.

I also enjoyed this one from Toronto where the mic died during American anthem and so the fans came through. Go Leafs!

Rather sad that Alejandro Villanueva was only one on the Steelers that had to balls to stand up to Tomlin's boycott of the anthem.

A head coach has a lot of power to punish players, not to mention the harassment Villanueva will suffer from the racist libtards among his fellow players.

Villanueva is also a spokesman for Navy Federal. He's on all those commercials they run during the game .

-----
LOL

Look, I am about as close to the Steeler action as one can be, and while the Steelers can be criticized at many levels, and I agree that Tomlin is a bum of a poor coach, he did NOT rap Villanueva. That is pure media bullshit. To his credit, Tomlin did not want the team to get caught up in the politics of Kapernick's issues, nor to have it divide the team, so since everyone could not agree on a position, the decision was made to stay in the locker-room and avoid the Pledge issue altogether, but Villanueva is an Army Ranger and is not going to hear of that, so the decision was made for he alone to stand outside in respect of the flag while everyone else stood right behind him in the tunnel. Both Mike and the players all respected his decision and I feel it was a good decision as well.
Tomlin took a swipe with his 100 percent remark. Because that is not what they actually did. It obviously wasn't 100 percent to hide in the tunnel. This is more Tomlin BS, just like how he is suppose to be so smart but his team almost always ill prepared. They are just lucky they have some very good athletes.

Too late--- your tax dollars already went to the NFL to put this fake patriotism charade on in the first place.

John McCain and Jeff Flake called out that scandal. They sent three-quarters of a million bucks back too. No word on when we all get our rebates.

Funny that nobody wants to acknowledge that scandal innit?
I agree, Pittsburgh tore down a perfectly good stadium and built two with tax payer's money. AFTER the people voted it down. Then the NFL pulls this BS. Let's turn the stadiums into soccer or outdoor hockey.

Oh how the left wish that guy was white. Damn!

Damn! Damn!

Not only is he Hispanic (not white) most of the media is leaving out that he was veteran who saw combat who is a recipient of the bronze star.

Try complaining about him left. Please espn, complain about him. Say how racist he is for disagreeing with the left.

Btw, that IS the new racism. It is simply if you disagree with their stance. That is all.

Last edited:
Oh how the left wish that guy was white. Damn!

Damn! Damn!

Not only is he Hispanic (not white) most of the media is leaving out that he was veteran who saw combat who is a recipient of the bronze star.

Try complaining about left. Please espn, complain about him. Say how racist he is for disagreeing with the left.

Btw, that IS the new racism. It is simply if you disagree with their stance. That is all.
The liberal left has proven to be tolerant, tolerant of everything that agrees with their BS, other then that, not so much.

A head coach has a lot of power to punish players, not to mention the harassment Villanueva will suffer from the racist libtards among his fellow players.
I doubt that Tomlin, no matter how stupid, is stupid enough to do anything to Bronze star winning Villanueva. The disrespect shown to Villanueva should get Tomlin fired, but won't, the Rooneys don't care.

-----
LOL
Good article.

Forum List

Back