Steelers / Eagles

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jimnyc, Aug 16, 2005.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Steelers win first pre-season game 38-31 over the Eagles. Roethlisberger looked tentative while McNabb already looked in playoff form. Steelers D and special teams gave them a 14 point lead 2 minutes into the game. The first play from scrimmage the Steelers INT'd McNabb and returned for TD. Eagles got ball back, punted, and it was returned 66 yards for a TD. The Eagles finally scored to make it 14-7, but the next kickoff was returned 100 yards by the Steelers.

The Steelers first team as a whole looked better than the Eagles. I must admit I was surprised to see McNabb so accurate in his first outing.

But, the best news of the day, Hines Ward was on the sidelines after ending his holdout yesterday!

2. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Oh c,mon you know things wouldn't have ended that way if Terrel Owens played! ;)

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Right - they would have beaten the Eagles by 14, and we would have had to listen/read a dozen TO Self-love, pouting comments.

Nobody loves terrel owens more than terrel owens.

4. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    If TO doesn't learn how to shut his trap, he'll end up playing Arena League or NFL Europe.

5. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    T.O. might have helped, but it was the special teams' bad coverage that lost the Eagles the game.

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    ...and the fact it was pre-season...too. :)

7. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    True... :D

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not often that an NFL player rates a 'piece in WSJ'. Truth is, I don't know him, just read your thread this morning and then saw this:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/la/?id=110007116

9. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    As a former QB, in the huddle, I'll tell you why; they want the ball. I came to an understanding of that when I a ran a play that had myself, as a receiver, in a double screen. I caught the ball and ran it in for the touchdown. A touchdown reception is one hell of a rush!

The average receiver only has five chances to catch the football per game; therefore, they bitch all the time about not getting the ball.

So let's break this down... T.O. has his finest career performance in the Super Bowl and his QB was sucking wind at the end of the game. I know what was going though T.O.'s mind during those last seconds of the game..."Give me the goddamn ball, so I can win my ring!"

T.O. is right. Ask anyone in america if they would quit their jobs the very second they realize that its a dead end job? I'll bet you they'll say,"Yes, but only if I had a better job lined up!".

He's not going to win a ring in Philly; but can T.O. say Atlanta or Oakland? He might not win there, but at least he'll get paid.

10. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    If he can't speak English, if he doesn't like his quarterback who is also "black like me", if he can't agree with the coach, and if he doesn't want to play football for the team he is contracted to, why doesn't he crawl into his hole and hide. Nobody wants to hear his shit. Do you enjoy hearing his shit?