Steele Squirms When Reporter Pointedly Asks Him If Obama's Olympics Trip A ‘Mistake’

This trip is not necessary. Steele was right. We have much important issues for our President to address. Unfortunately this is just more shallow self-promotion coming from Hopey Changey. It's all about him in the end. The man really has become a Megalomaniac at this point. Mr. President,stay home and address real problems like actually speaking to your General in charge of Afghanistan more than once.

He did answer the question. You're just too fucking stupid to understand it.

that isn't an answer you would accept from anyone whose dogma you didn't share ...

you'd have 12 threads talking about how they dodged and weaved.

*shrug*

Another idiot speaks. Just because the man didn't give a "yes" or "no" answer doesn't mean he didn't answer the question. Are you people that simple minded?

I'd have 12 threads explaining Steele's answer to you idiots because you can't accept his answer as it stands.

He did answer the question. You're just too fucking stupid to understand it.

that isn't an answer you would accept from anyone whose dogma you didn't share ...

*shrug*

Another idiot speaks. Just because the man didn't give a "yes" or "no" answer doesn't mean he didn't answer the question. Are you people that simple minded?

I'd have 12 threads explaining Steele's answer to you idiots because you can't accept his answer as it stands.

And exactly WHAT was his answer again?

Yeah, because that could NEVER happen unless he was in the Oval Office? Ever heard of a thing called a cellular phone? How about a satellite phone? Great technology. You should check it out sometime and come on into the 20th Century.

By the same token Obama could have simply called Copenhagen, instead of spending the taxpayers money to fly there. Fact is Obama hasn't spoke to McChrystal but once in over two months, not even by phone.

You struggle with how the chain of command works, don't you?

No but obviously Obama does. Tell me, which is more important to the American people. the current state of affairs or the Olympic games slated for 2016? That's what 7 years away?

You people are some stupid fucks if you put the olympics on the same scale as the current issues facing this nation.

Obama could have had a surrogate go to Denmark and represent our interest, he did not have to personally go. He has time to hit every Sunday talk show, except for Fox and sit down with Letterman, but not enough time to speak with the man in charge of the war in Afghanistan where 60,000 American soldiers are currently in harms way.

*shrug*

Is your name Jay Canuck?

Is your name Jay Canuck?

Is yours "Howdy Doody"? How many times are you NOT going to answer my question?

Keep searching. Keep searching. You'll find it.

Bonus: Pos Rep points for anyone who knows the movie that quote came from.

This article say the Olympics would generate revenue. Maybe you should talk to the folks in Montreal about that, it's taken them more than 30 years to pay off its extravaganza. Athens budgeted $1.6 billion for the 2004 Games but wound up spending $16 billion. Four years later, Beijing budgeted the same amount, $1.6 billion, for the 2008 Summer Games yet spent an enormous $40 billion. London originally planned to spend $8 billion for the 2012 Games; the current estimate is $19 billion and rising.

Sounds like hosting the olympics might not be a financial windfall for the hosting country...

Maybe Barry will just print some more money to cover the costs... Problem solved...

I believe they're planning on using taxpayer money in the form of the stimulus package. If that's true, then a lot of Americans are going to be pissed off.

Maybe Barry will just print some more money to cover the costs... Problem solved...

I believe they're planning on using taxpayer money in the form of the stimulus package. If that's true, then a lot of Americans are going to be pissed off.

Well, a lot of rational thinking people would be pissed off...

The Barry worshipers will still think it's "super fantastic"....

Personally, I hope Brazil wins the Olympic Games hosting bid:

Brazil Cites Rio's Poor in Bid to Host Olympics

By MATTHEW FUTTERMAN
In an effort to bolster Brazil's bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics, President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva took an unusual approach. Speaking to reporters in New York, the populist president made an emotional appeal to have the Games in Rio de Janeiro so the event can be experienced by his country's poor.

"I believe the Olympic Games are not only a privilege for rich countries," he said.

The International Olympic Committee meets next week to select the 2016 host city at a meeting in Copenhagen.

The campaigns by the four bid cities, Rio, Chicago, Tokyo and Madrid, are heating up. Mr. da Silva has already approved some $240 billion in funding for the Games and offered the federal government's financial guarantee to cover shortfalls in the organizing committee's budget. That, combined with his argument that South America deserves an opportunity to host the event, makes Brazil a formidable foe.

This month, Brazil's bid received high praise in an IOC report on the technical qualities of all of the candidates' proposals, including transportation, financing, security and the competition venues.

"Are the Olympic Games a sports event where only rich countries have the right, or is it another thing?" Mr. da Silva said. "It can't be a European or an American Olympic Games. It has to be a world Olympic Games."

Brazil Cites Rio's Poor in Bid to Host Olympics - WSJ.com

While I appreciate the history lesson, WHAT was Steele's answer again?

What country does Steele want the olympics to be in then? Not here it seems. What a great American.

Prove that Steele doesn't want the Olypics here.

Or are you just making shit up again?

I asked what country does he want the Olympics to be held? What proof am I suppose to give you...? There are only a few countries being offered the Olympics, which one does he want it to be held in?

Is your name Jay Canuck?

Is yours "Howdy Doody"? How many times are you NOT going to answer my question?

I've answered the question. It's not my fault you're too stupid to understand it.

No you haven't. You have given YOUR OPINION on what you THOUGHT Steele meant. Steele was too chicken shit to answer the question. What is it about cons? First Hannity chickes out of his deal for charity and now Steele chickens out of asking a direct question AFTER chickening out months ago and being forced to kiss Rush's ass.

Can you imagine Bush heading to suck up to the IOC to get the Olympic to Dallas?

Can you hear the hysterical Librul screeching about his priorities?

Oh and Steels sucks out loud.

Forum List

Back