Steele Says We Shouldn't Be In Afghanistan; Calls It Obama's War Of Choice

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Steele Says We Shouldn't Be In Afghanistan; Calls It Obama's War Of Choice | TPMDC

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele may be misremembering exactly how and when the Afghanistan war began.

At a Republican Party fundraiser in Connecticut on Thursday, Steele declared that the war in Afghanistan "was a war of Obama's choosing" that America had not "actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in," in a response to an attendee's question about the resignation of Gen. Stanley McChrystal -- which Steele called "very comical."

"The McChrystal incident, to me, was very comical. And I think it's a reflection of the frustration that a lot of our military leaders have with this Administration and their prosecution of the war in Afghanistan," said Steele. "Keep in mind again, federal candidates, this was a war of Obama's choosing. This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in."

Late Update: We asked RNC spokesman Doug Heye for comment -- and it's not quite clear what his answer is to the main questions raised by Steele's remarks.

Wow. Just wow.

Steele Says We Shouldn't Be In Afghanistan; Calls It Obama's War Of Choice | TPMDC

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele may be misremembering exactly how and when the Afghanistan war began.

At a Republican Party fundraiser in Connecticut on Thursday, Steele declared that the war in Afghanistan "was a war of Obama's choosing" that America had not "actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in," in a response to an attendee's question about the resignation of Gen. Stanley McChrystal -- which Steele called "very comical."

"The McChrystal incident, to me, was very comical. And I think it's a reflection of the frustration that a lot of our military leaders have with this Administration and their prosecution of the war in Afghanistan," said Steele. "Keep in mind again, federal candidates, this was a war of Obama's choosing. This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in."

Late Update: We asked RNC spokesman Doug Heye for comment -- and it's not quite clear what his answer is to the main questions raised by Steele's remarks.

Wow. Just wow.

What is really depressing is Steele probably got a round of applause for that nonsense. Four legs good, two legs beeeeeteer.

He's no smarter than Pelosi, what's your point?

Lay off the Stoopid Steroids for at least a week. When the RNC Chair tries to lay the Afghanistan occupation solely at Obushama's feet it's simply a naked display of partisan powdered intellectual dishonesty. Obushama has now owned the occupation so to continue it is his choice but to try and claim he's fully responsible and that it is an occupation the US never wanted is just nauseating dishonesty.

You've been living in your dream world so long you are obviously incapable of distinquishing between what the rest of us call facts and you call fantasy. My Party is fucked due to bullshit from dishonest hacks like Steele.

He's no smarter than Pelosi, what's your point?

Lay off the Stoopid Steroids for at least a week. When the RNC Chair tries to lay the Afghanistan occupation solely at Obushama's feet it's simply a naked display of partisan powdered intellectual dishonesty. Obushama has now owned the occupation so to continue it is his choice but to try and claim he's fully responsible and that it is an occupation the US never wanted is just nauseating dishonesty.

You've been living in your dream world so long you are obviously incapable of distinquishing between what the rest of us call facts and you call fantasy. My Party is fucked due to bullshit from dishonest hacks like Steele.

Are you claiming to be a Republican? :lol:

Partisan deflection? You're a fucking ignorant little punk you know that?

Awesome continuation of actually avoiding just criticizing just Steele and taking your massive anger issues out on others!

$9901.OMFG!!!11! U+TEH+WINNAR!!!1!!.jpg

this was a war of Obama's choosing.

Say what?

The video was very difficult to understand and the transcript did not give the entire presentation, but how does he lay this at President Obama's feet? Especially with a straight face?

Immie

Partisan deflection? You're a fucking ignorant little punk you know that?

Awesome continuation of actually avoiding just criticizing just Steele and taking your massive anger issues out on others!

View attachment 10770

Where is the rule that says i need to just criticize one politician you stupid asshole? Just because you get called out for being stupid enough to post something like this trying to play if off like oh a democrat would NEVER be this stupid, don't expect me to play your reindeer games.

Steele is a fucking idiot and Pelosi is retarded and yet they BOTH have you beat in the brains department.

Michael_Steele_Muppet.jpg

"Keep in mind again, federal candidates, this was a war of Obama's choosing. This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in. Now take this soup back. It's cold and needs to be reheated."

I'm not a big Steele fan but i think he's right on this one. We shouldn't be in Afghanistan at this point. The "Mission" just keeps changing too much. Now they're forcing our Soldiers to fight a 'Drug War' over there too. That was never part of the original mission. The same thing happened in Iraq. It's time to bring our kids home. This President has promised to get us out of both Afghanistan & Iraq by next year. Personally i'm a bit skeptical of this really happening though. I'm leaning towards Afghanistan & Iraq becoming a South Korea scenario. It is this President's choice though. He can stand by his promises to get us out of those nations by next year or he can decide to break those promises and continue occupying those nations. Like i said,i'm no big Steele fan but he is right on this one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back