Steele is prochoice?

I am not saying change your values but if the republican party wants to maybe win to lead again they need to get away from the Palin's and the Huckabees. Many people see abortion as a non issue especially people of my generation and younger. I have three conservative brothers, none of the care about the religion and abortion issue when it comes to voting and they are not the only ones. The percentage of Christians in this country is also getting smaller, and many young people even if they do believe in the Christian God are not going to church and it isn't important to them. I am not saying it is right or wrong, it is just how it is!

The mainstream GOP has used abortion as the litnus test since they were highjacked by the religous right..

The GOP wont let you vote for them or run unless you say no to abortion and worship every Sunday..

Most of my conservative friends believe in choice to this issue but just shrug their shoulders when they see the news media portraying the GOP as a pro life religous cult that it makes itself out to be..

One could blame the media for this but the GOP of the last 8 years wants this image

You must be very young and an athiest, because to say the republican party was "hijacked" by the "religous right" is not accurate, because the religous right has ALWAYS been the BACK BONE of the republican party. A statement closer to the truth would be that republican party has been "hijacked" by the "secularists," and that's part of the reason for it's current plight.
I think Goldwater said it best :

"However, on religious issues there can be little or no compromise.
There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious
beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than
Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme
being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's
behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are
growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with
wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following
their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups
on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a
loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the
political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if
I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.'
Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to
claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even
more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every
religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my
vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today:
I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their
moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism"

Abortion is just disgusting, as a "medical" procedure. You go into a woman's body and carve up an unborn child, suck it out, and put it into a medical waste bag of some kind. It's got a HUMAN FACE. That's just fucking GROSS. I mean, seriously. How the "liberal" side of the spectrum came to support that is beyond me. It's like the opposite of all their other stands: protect the poor, the downtrodden, the defenseless. What's more defenseless than an unborn child?

I think if every person who claimed to support abortion had to actually witness one, we'd see a big dropoff in support.

Shit, you don't even have to be a Bible-thumper just to grasp the visceral horror of abortion: I had an atheist professor in college who opposed abortion.

The more I think about it, the more liberal support of abortion -- and some aspects of conservatism -- convince me of the ultimate ludicrousness of modern political ideologies. They are just these jig-rigged contraptions of total bullshit, without any internal coherence or guiding principle -- absurd grab-bags of partisan mind-lock.

Last edited:
The mainstream GOP has used abortion as the litnus test since they were highjacked by the religous right..

The GOP wont let you vote for them or run unless you say no to abortion and worship every Sunday..

Most of my conservative friends believe in choice to this issue but just shrug their shoulders when they see the news media portraying the GOP as a pro life religous cult that it makes itself out to be..

One could blame the media for this but the GOP of the last 8 years wants this image

Let's be honest here, Democrats are no different. If you don't support abortion rights and abortion on demand, don't bother looking to them. And that has been the case for a hell of a lot longer than 8 years.

Both sides use this issue as a dividing point. You are either on their side or you are on the other side.

Immie

Let's be honest here, Democrats are no different. If you don't support abortion rights and abortion on demand, don't bother looking to them. And that has been the case for a hell of a lot longer than 8 years.

Both sides use this issue as a dividing point. You are either on their side or you are on the other side.

Immie
geee, didnt Sen Casey (D-PA) support a pro-life stance?

Immie
geee, didnt Sen Casey (D-PA) support a pro-life stance?

Not that I know of... last Democrat I know of that supported a pro-life stance was Zell Miller and look what happened to him.

If you want to get nit-picky, how about Olympia Snowe as a Pro-Choice Republican and there was one other but I forgot who it was. There are always exceptions to the rules.

Edit: oh yeah, and Mr. Mayor himself, Rudy Guilianni.

Immie

Last edited:
Abortion is just disgusting, as a "medical" procedure. You go into a woman's body and carve up an unborn child, suck it out, and put it into a medical waste bag of some kind. It's got a HUMAN FACE. That's just fucking GROSS. I mean, seriously. How the "liberal" side of the spectrum came to support that is beyond me. It's like the opposite of all their other stands: protect the poor, the downtrodden, the defenseless. What's more defenseless than an unborn child?

I think if every person who claimed to support abortion had to actually witness one, we'd see a big dropoff in support.

Shit, you don't even have to be a Bible-thumper just to grasp the visceral horror of abortion: I had an atheist professor in college who opposed abortion.

The more I think about it, the more liberal support of abortion -- and some aspects of conservatism -- convince me of the ultimate ludicrousness of modern political ideologies. They are just these jig-rigged contraptions of total bullshit, without any internal coherence or guiding principle -- absurd grab-bags of partisan mind-lock.
actually I have witnessed one and you obviously have not! For one they give the women something so she will dialate, than they use something that is like a vacuum and suck it out, it last about two minutes. And then they check to make sure they got everything and it is done, takes about five minutes all together.
And you would be surprised how many females have had one, by the time I was sixteen I knew of at least five girls in my grade who had had one and that is the ones I knew of. It takes longer to fill out the paper work than to actually have an abortion.

actually I have witnessed one and you obviously have not! For one they give the women something so she will dialate, than they use something that is like a vacuum and suck it out, it last about two minutes. And then they check to make sure they got everything and it is done, takes about five minutes all together.
And you would be surprised how many females have had one, by the time I was sixteen I knew of at least five girls in my grade who had had one and that is the ones I knew of. It takes longer to fill out the paper work than to actually have an abortion.

I don't know anything about your stance on abortion, but are you trying to justify abortion simply because it can be done in the matter of a few minutes or because a large number of women have had one... or two... or three... etc. etc. etc.?

Immie

I don't know anything about your stance on abortion, but are you trying to justify abortion simply because it can be done in the matter of a few minutes or because a large number of women have had one... or two... or three... etc. etc. etc.?

Immie
my point was he doesn't know what happens when they perform an abortion. And say you make abortion illegal what would those high school girls I knew, what would you think they would have done. Giving the fact that three of the five came from upper middle class families, they probably would pay for an illegal abortion and who knows how safe they are.

my point was he doesn't know what happens when they perform an abortion. And say you make abortion illegal what would those high school girls I knew, what would you think they would have done. Giving the fact that three of the five came from upper middle class families, they probably would pay for an illegal abortion and who knows how safe they are.

Okay, I can see what you are trying to say. Overturning Roe v. Wade won't stop abortions. I don't disagree with that premise, but does that mean we give up? Does that mean that we should gladly let abortionists kill human beings at the rate of 4500 a day?

The left celebrates the damned practice every year! How asinine is that?

Feminist Daily News 3/10/2008: Feminists Celebrate National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers

Immie

Okay, I can see what you are trying to say. Overturning Roe v. Wade won't stop abortions. I don't disagree with that premise, but does that mean we give up? Does that mean that we should gladly let abortionists kill human beings at the rate of 4500 a day?

Feminist Daily News 3/10/2008: Feminists Celebrate National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers

Immie

.. and every June 10th, Texas celebrate Jesus Day..

Immie

.. and every June 10th, Texas celebrate Jesus Day..
liar

Steele only thinks people have a choice when the Repubs aren't listening, but when they are it's time to kiss 'Boss' Limbaugh's ring.

Steele is a politician. Like all politicians, he will be anything that he needs to be in order to survive! Heck, I think he will claim that he is white if that is what it takes for him to hold on to his office!

Forum List

Back