Steele is prochoice?

Steele kind of reminds me of Howard Dean.

Every time they open their mouths, the other party has something else to jump on.

As a Conservative I can give a rats ass who gets an abortion! The person has to live with themselves and their God if they have one. It isn’t up to me to tell them not to or to have one. Our Federal Government has done everything they can to make it easier and promoted Abortions. It is a State issue and our Feds shouldn’t make any laws on this. If Florida doesn’t want to have abortions legal in their state then they should be able to do that and if Vermont wants it legal then they should also but tax money should NOT pay for ONE abortion! Not ONE!

maneal, it's that exact moral conservatism that is separating the Republican party from the rest of America.

While I am not at all pro-choice, I think it's pretty amazing the Republicans have chosen a black, pro-choice leader. It's a damn shame it's doing more harm than good to the party. Actually, on second thought, maybe it's a good thing he's tearing the party apart. The sooner the Republicans crumble, the sooner a new, fiscally responsible party can emerge.

As a Conservative I can give a rats ass who gets an abortion! The person has to live with themselves and their God if they have one. It isn’t up to me to tell them not to or to have one. Our Federal Government has done everything they can to make it easier and promoted Abortions. It is a State issue and our Feds shouldn’t make any laws on this. If Florida doesn’t want to have abortions legal in their state then they should be able to do that and if Vermont wants it legal then they should also but tax money should NOT pay for ONE abortion! Not ONE!

Sadly, that's not the case. Roe v. Wade way oversteps the federal government's powers.

Sadly, that's not the case. Roe v. Wade way oversteps the federal government's powers.
and Roe V Wade being over turned would not outlaw abortion

Seriously there are many other issue with me that are more important than abortion. I don't like abortions at all, I personally wouldn't have one and I was told when I was young to get one and I didn't. (THANK GOD)

But as a realist I know there are woman out there that will and at this point nothing will stop their stupid choices but for tax dollars to go to fund and promote it is something that can be changed!

In order to get what Steele is suggesting you'd have to over turn Roe v. Wade. Something the anti abortion crowd has been after for decades.

Way to miss the point folks...

He sounds like a Democrat.
no he sounds like Goldwater! You republicans need to get over the religion and the abortion issues, Steele will probably get your party back if he is truly a fiscal conservative!

He sounds like a Democrat.
no he sounds like Goldwater! You republicans need to get over the religion and the abortion issues, Steele will probably get your party back if he is truly a fiscal conservative!

Tough to do when you see religion and abortion as values, rather than 'issues'.
I am not saying change your values but if the republican party wants to maybe win to lead again they need to get away from the Palin's and the Huckabees. Many people see abortion as a non issue especially people of my generation and younger. I have three conservative brothers, none of the care about the religion and abortion issue when it comes to voting and they are not the only ones. The percentage of Christians in this country is also getting smaller, and many young people even if they do believe in the Christian God are not going to church and it isn't important to them. I am not saying it is right or wrong, it is just how it is!

I am not saying change your values but if the republican party wants to maybe win to lead again they need to get away from the Palin's and the Huckabees. Many people see abortion as a non issue especially people of my generation and younger. I have three conservative brothers, none of the care about the religion and abortion issue when it comes to voting and they are not the only ones. The percentage of Christians in this country is also getting smaller, and many young people even if they do believe in the Christian God are not going to church and it isn't important to them. I am not saying it is right or wrong, it is just how it is!

The mainstream GOP has used abortion as the litnus test since they were highjacked by the religous right..

The GOP wont let you vote for them or run unless you say no to abortion and worship every Sunday..

Most of my conservative friends believe in choice to this issue but just shrug their shoulders when they see the news media portraying the GOP as a pro life religous cult that it makes itself out to be..

One could blame the media for this but the GOP of the last 8 years wants this image

The mainstream GOP has used abortion as the litnus test since they were highjacked by the religous right..

The GOP wont let you vote for them or run unless you say no to abortion and worship every Sunday..

Most of my conservative friends believe in choice to this issue but just shrug their shoulders when they see the news media portraying the GOP as a pro life religous cult that it makes itself out to be..

One could blame the media for this but the GOP of the last 8 years wants this image

You must be very young and an athiest, because to say the republican party was "hijacked" by the "religous right" is not accurate, because the religous right has ALWAYS been the BACK BONE of the republican party. A statement closer to the truth would be that republican party has been "hijacked" by the "secularists," and that's part of the reason for it's current plight.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back